Hasbro Black Series BOBA FETT helmet

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Unlike the Vader and stormtrooper helmets, in hand this will look more 'toyish' and 'plasticy', different than the promo pics.
That is the feeling I get when looking at the actual item at the con.

Unlike the Vader and stormtrooper helmets, in hand this will look more 'toyish' and 'plasticy', different than the promo pics.
That is the feeling I get when looking at the actual item at the con.

Do you think a coat of "Dullcoat" sprayed on would help get rid of the "plasticy" look? Was it the sheen that threw it off for you? Here's hoping that it was just a rough prototype...

Do you think a coat of "Dullcoat" sprayed on would help get rid of the "plasticy" look? Was it the sheen that threw it off for you? Here's hoping that it was just a rough prototype...

It's not only that, but also the seams.... I dunno, just looks toyish. Great value still, and probably a good base for a custom.

It's not only that, but also the seams.... I dunno, just looks toyish. Great value still, and probably a good base for a custom.

Thanks for the info. I'm still holding out hope that it will be decent enough to display with the other higher-end helmets, even if some customization is required. Like you said, for the price, it can't be beat.

prototype boba helm.jpg

Hasbro can produce a more accurate Boba Fett helmet in both 3 3/4" scale and life-size, yet HT is struggling with it. It's a mad world.

I'm quite impressed with the Hasbro X-wing helmet and this one looks to be another winner. Can't wait for it to arrive.

To be honest, I have no qualms displaying these aside the other "true collector's" type of helmets. They fit in fine, especially with a custom 3D printed helmet stand w/custom plaque that I've utilized.

(This plaque is for another X-wing helmet build but I used it here to show what it would look like. Still needs to be attached with double-sided tape:)

3D helmet stand - xwing sm.jpg

I am impressed. Hasbro did a great job with this helmet. I have it on order and will keep it after seeing the in-hand reviews. This line is turning out to be a great inexpensive way to populate a helmet collection that looks good.

I'm quite impressed with the Hasbro X-wing helmet and this one looks to be another winner. Can't wait for it to arrive.

To be honest, I have no qualms displaying these aside the other "true collector's" type of helmets. They fit in fine, especially with a custom 3D printed helmet stand w/custom plaque that I've utilized.

(This plaque is for another X-wing helmet build but I used it here to show what it would look like. Still needs to be attached with double-sided tape:)

View attachment 482722

I really like them too. I haven't gotten into high end prop replicas because I'm too heavily invested in 1/6 and 1/4 but for my interests these black series helmets really hit the sweet spot of quality/price ratio.

I'm very happy with my Red 5 BS helmet also. I have the nicer RS Propmasters version, so I'm looking to get my Hasbro version repainted to another pilot design.

I missed out on the RS Propmasters Red 5 helmet, having made the HUGE mistake of pre-ordering first from Anovos. Still waiting for a refund, there.

I did get the RS Props "Wedge" and "Biggs" signature series helmets and will definitely get the "Gold Leader" one, when it goes on pre-order.

I had a feeling this would come out nice. Looks great, glad I ordered one. First black series helmet. Depending on it in hand will determine if I buy a Trooper or Vader

Back