Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah. RFT, Tarkin, and Cantina Band were obvious omissions from the vintage ANH figures. I can kinda understand Tarkin, though, being an "old guy" and all... but he was pretty much the main baddie in the flick (with Vader acting as henchman).

As a kid, RFT never bothered me, but I always wanted the Cantina Band and Tarkin, both of which are rumored for next year. Cantina Band as a mail a way. Also, confirmed today was the 2004 Landspeeder in a vintage box as a Target exclusive, and Luke building his lightsaber & Lando sandstorm as ROTJ deleted scene figures. I hope Luke finally has his belt over his tunic for a Jedi figure that has never been done.

Yeah. RFT, Tarkin, and Cantina Band were obvious omissions from the vintage ANH figures. I can kinda understand Tarkin, though, being an "old guy" and all... but he was pretty much the main baddie in the flick (with Vader acting as henchman).

I always figured the Imperial Commander was Kenner's way of attempting to cover any and all Imperial officers with a single generic figure... Not that it satisfied any of us, of course.

Forgot about the Cantina band.

I found him once at a Walmart when the AOTC wave first hit. Haven't noticed him since, but also haven't really been looking for him.

Good luck, Irish. I have a bunch of POTF figures too that I want to get rid of but no one seems to be buying, at least the last time I checked about a year ago. How have sales been for them lately? Any better than before?

Hasbro is very good toy company.I got my first Star Wars figure from 90s wich is Luke Skywalker in X-wing Fighter Pilot Gear and still had with X-wing Fighter.I started to collect Star Wars movie figures on 2005 when episode 3 came out.Since then I have collect some Star Wars figures every year including Clone Wars and Saga Legends toys.I got pretty good Star Wars collection already.

Did anyone pick up the SDCC-exclusive Death Star set and not want their carded Salacious Crumb? I had hoped to get one of these sets from Hasbrotoyshop when they went up this morning, but somehow the alarm I set didn't work and I missed them. Anyway, the Salacious Crumb was the main one I was interested in, so let me know. I'd pay a reasonable price for one.

Did anyone pick up the SDCC-exclusive Death Star set and not want their carded Salacious Crumb? I had hoped to get one of these sets from Hasbrotoyshop when they went up this morning, but somehow the alarm I set didn't work and I missed them. Anyway, the Salacious Crumb was the main one I was interested in, so let me know. I'd pay a reasonable price for one.

I'd be surprised if you'd been able to get one even if you had gotten up in time. I had one in my cart for over an hour, even got to the final 'submit order' button only to be denied at the last screen as they were already sold out' by that point. I hate HTS and their poor process for putting up their SDCC exclusives.

No Hasbro appreciation from me today.

You're probably right, but I hate that I couldn't even try.

Yeah, I understand that feeling. I spent wayyyyy too much time waiting for these to go up this morning, only to be denied in the end and I'm hating the amount of time I wasted. So either way I suppose it sucks.

Well, I got Salacious on ebay. It was more than I wanted to spend, but less than they're going for now. The tiny little card is adorable.

https://mightyjabba.wordpress.com/2...b-from-hasbros-sdcc-exclusive-death-star-set/

sdcc_salacious1.jpg

While not as nice as the SS version the Hasbro one can look pretty decent with a paint job and some extras like a saddle and saddle bags.

100_1269.jpg

Yeah!! from Hasbro, I am happy to have the small dewback too.
IMG_0300.jpg

And, Hasbro Chewbacca also.
DSCF2358.jpg

Got my Revenge of the Jedi Death Star in yesterday and it is in mint condition :yess:, pics to follow. What an awesome collectible.

RevengeoftheJedideathstarfront.jpg

Revengeofthejedideathstar-1.jpg

Revengeofthejediopenright-1.jpg

Revengeofthejediopenleft-1.jpg

Last edited:
VOTC Chewie iirc which was exclusive to KayBee. Seems like the ROTS Chewie was the same but lacked a bowcaster.

Sweet dewback, btw, Flosi!

Back