Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I picked up the Dagoba landing Luke the other day and I'm really happy with it. The helmet is massive though!

Picked that one up on Sunday as well-- but as the card hadn't been punched (it was lying there) I decided to keep it unopened (for now).

Some pictures of my small Hasbro collection!

IMG_1760.jpg

IMG_1761.jpg

I have a great deal of appreciation for Hasbro giving their 1:6 scale Dewback articulation.

The 300.00 Sideshow one doesn't have any.

:monkey3

I have a great deal of appreciation for Hasbro giving their 1:6 scale Dewback articulation.

The 300.00 Sideshow one doesn't have any.

Its nice for collectors to have options. For those who favor awesome sculpting and paint there's the SSC Dewback. For those who prefer articulation and cheapness there's Hasbro. :)

Its nice for collectors to have options. For those who favor awesome sculpting and paint there's the SSC Dewback. For those who prefer articulation and cheapness there's Hasbro. :)

DISPLAYING Hasbro's 1/6 has never been an option to me, but BUYING them as a base for building custom 1/6ers, they sometimes do fine!

I need only find the Padme in Peasant Disguise to be completely caught up on released VOTC figures.

... Unless Yoda, Wedge and the new Luke Jedi card are out?

Cheapness? well in due fairness shouldn't you include overpriced in your description to the sideshow Dewback? to be fair and on equal ground. :peace

I do wish I was good at repaints, wouldn't mind giving the Hasbro Dewback a few touch ups.
The sideshow one looks awesome the more I look at it, but I don't do statues. Maybe I will change my mind if I ever see it in person but I rather spend those $300 on something else for now.

I need only find the Padme in Peasant Disguise to be completely caught up on released VOTC figures.

... Unless Yoda, Wedge and the new Luke Jedi card are out?

Yes, yes and yes. Yoda's been out for a while, but he's now on the Sith card, not the OT one originally shown. Luke is on the Endor capture card, again out for a while now, but they still have not fixed the "pill box" shading. The Revenge of the Jedi version on this card ships in August. Wedge has just started shipping, and is going for stupid amounts of money on eBay right now.

Crap. I have yet to come across ROTS Yoda or the new Luke ROTJ card. And Wedge is hitting now??

Back to hunting, I guess. I thought I was done for a while. :banghead

I went to wally world last night and they had the vintage style AOTC clone trooper. I really like the mold they used on that clone figure. I would have bought it but I am trying to stick to At At walker and Jabba's throne related only on the small figs.

FLOSI: that Dewback looks freaking sweet. Is it yours?

Crap. I have yet to come across ROTS Yoda or the new Luke ROTJ card. And Wedge is hitting now??

Back to hunting, I guess. I thought I was done for a while. :banghead

Yeah, I think I got the new Luke card back in early Feb. It's been a while. I know there is one hanging at my local Wal-Mart, but I'm not sure of the card condition. I can check if you want.

Oh, and wave 7 has been seen in the Philippines, so that wave should start hitting in a few weeks. (Bespin Han, Bom Vimdin...)

Nah. Thanks for the offer, though. I'm sure I'll find it at some point, since it'll be repacked in upcoming waves.

Other than those 3, I'm all caught up and waiting on the next wave (7), which I believe is hitting in June/July:

__ VC50: Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
__ VC51: Barriss Offee
__ VC52: Rebel Fleet Trooper
__ VC53: Bom Vimdin
__ VC54: ARC Trooper Commander (Captain Fordo)
__ VC55: Logray

Nah. Thanks for the offer, though. I'm sure I'll find it at some point, since it'll be repacked in upcoming waves.

Other than those 3, I'm all caught up and waiting on the next wave (7), which I believe is hitting in June/July:

__ VC50: Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
__ VC51: Barriss Offee
__ VC52: Rebel Fleet Trooper
__ VC53: Bom Vimdin
__ VC54: ARC Trooper Commander (Captain Fordo)
__ VC55: Logray

Han Bespin is the only must for me from that wave... Maybe Logray and the Fleet Trooper. At ten a pop I have a hard time buying everything now.

Rebel Fleet Trooper is the big one for me in that wave. That figure on that card is about about 33 years overdue.

I'm a loose collector but I could definitely see the allure of a RFT on a vintage card. That would have to be THE biggest omission from the original vintage line.

Yeah. RFT, Tarkin, and Cantina Band were obvious omissions from the vintage ANH figures. I can kinda understand Tarkin, though, being an "old guy" and all... but he was pretty much the main baddie in the flick (with Vader acting as henchman).

Back