Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, they really have been putting out some amazing stuff. It's especially awesome that I picked up a few more of these from K-Mart for buy one get one free. I got another Gamorrean Guard and Endor Commando.

So far the only retailer to get them in stock in my area is Target. ROTJ inventory at Toys R Us and Wal-Mart is nonexistent. The only problem is, Target has only been getting in one case at a time and all the figures are mangled and messed up. It's like who ever stacks their pallets at their warehouse puts the Star Wars at the bottom, then puts the heaviest S@#T imaginable on top of it before they put it on a truck. Then the ones that do seem unmangled are ruined by employees who punch the card by slamming the peg through the hole and causing rippled edges around the peg hole. I mean come on, I don't care if the card is punched, I just want one that's not all frakked up...

By chance, I was out and about Saturday morning very early, so I decided to go into Target when it opened up at 8:00. Well right behind me were some scalper jerks who immediately ran as fast as they could to the figure/hot wheel aisles to try and pick through all of the new stuff. One even took a basket, but since there was nothing new, he just left it on the toy shelf and didn't even return it to the front. Damn savages.

I purchased my first Hasbro figures since before ROTS today when I saw the Jedi wave at Wal-Mart. Picked up the GG, Skiff Guard, Luke, R2 and Ackbar. . . I'm not exactly sure why. I think it's because I decided to take the plunge with Sideshow's Jabba collection, and snagged a Carbonite Han off eBay, and that arrived this weekend. I guess I'll chalk it up to wistful feelings. All my 3 3/4 are boxed up anyways. I'm leaving them in the package with receipt in case I feel buyer's remorse.

I've still never come across that exclusive Jabba. . . friggin' stupid, I'm in Wal-Mart at least 2-3 times a week for various things. I stopped collecting years ago, but still stop by the toys out of habit. If I was actually searching for it, I'd be pissed. It's probably a good thing I haven't seen it, otherwise it'd start me down that dark path again.

I purchased my first Hasbro figures since before ROTS today when I saw the Jedi wave at Wal-Mart. Picked up the GG, Skiff Guard, Luke, R2 and Ackbar. . . I'm not exactly sure why. I think it's because I decided to take the plunge with Sideshow's Jabba collection, and snagged a Carbonite Han off eBay, and that arrived this weekend. I guess I'll chalk it up to wistful feelings. All my 3 3/4 are boxed up anyways. I'm leaving them in the package with receipt in case I feel buyer's remorse.

If you change your mind, let me know. I haven't found these guys anywhere around here. :wave

By chance, I was out and about Saturday morning very early, so I decided to go into Target when it opened up at 8:00. Well right behind me were some scalper jerks who immediately ran as fast as they could to the figure/hot wheel aisles to try and pick through all of the new stuff. One even took a basket, but since there was nothing new, he just left it on the toy shelf and didn't even return it to the front. Damn savages.

:gah::gah::gah:i hate those bastards!! its like we have to wait until theyre not hot anymore for us collectors to get our stuff!! its bull_____!

Back in the late 90's and early 2000's when I was a hardcore Star Wars collector I used to have to pay Wal-Mart employees to set one of each figure aside for me when they were stocking just so I could get the figures I wanted without the hassle of dealing with scalpers. Dude, those guys are some real scum bags. They'll clear out a whole shelf of stuff just to sell it on ebay. I hate those guys...

Back in the late 90's and early 2000's when I was a hardcore Star Wars collector I used to have to pay Wal-Mart employees to set one of each figure aside for me when they were stocking just so I could get the figures I wanted without the hassle of dealing with scalpers. Dude, those guys are some real scum bags. They'll clear out a whole shelf of stuff just to sell it on ebay. I hate those guys...

I hate them too. I was just a kid who wanted Star Wars toys back then, so they were the bane of my existence. I especially hated them for buying all of the 12" scale Toys R Us exclusive sets that I really wanted like the Wampa vs. Luke and Tauntaun with Han. I was usually able to get a hold of the individual figures, but they were pretty bad with clearing out store exclusives and large beast packs like the Rancor set as well.

Hasbro Toy Shop has the ROTJ figures (GG and Akbar are sold out).

HOLIDAY2010
for 25% off. I think free shipping also if total comes out to $50+.

I stand corrected. I knew there was something PT about it, but I guess misremembered what it was. Thanks Sachiel. I'll try to be more careful with my information.

There was a rumor about a Yoda with hover chair.

Wow, it took them a long time, but they finelly did a great Jedi Luke, I'd like to see them redo a Jabba's Palace Luke with this exact sculpt and body, looks great.

TVC-759.jpg

Well the new ROTJ figures are starting to finally trickle into local Wal-Marts here in Fayetteville. It looks as if each store only gets about two cases each, because it took me stopping at two separate Wal-Marts to completely get all seven figures.

It also looks as if Luke is the filler figure to round out each case. Both Wal-Marts I stopped at had only one or two of each figure, but a slew of Luke's.

On a closing note. Has anyone who has been picking up these figures noticed that Yoda and Wedge are both still listed on the backs of the cards, even though it was decided to scratch them from the line-up?

Saw Luke tonight while grabbing some last minute things for TG and just couldn't resist getting him. Pretty cool figure!

escapedsII.jpg

My two cents:

I love, love, love Hasbro's STAR WARS brand products. i think they are (for the most part) doing a brilliant job that keeps steadily improving... (heading in the right direction).

Vehicles, and accessories have probably reached an all-new height of awesomeness this year with the 2010 Vintage Legacy Collection... especially for those of us that are fans of the Original Trilogy.

The new big AT-AT, the new (smaller) Snowspeeder, the more accurate AT-ST, Twin Pod Cloud Car, Tie Interceptor, Radar Laser Cannon, Rebel Gun Turret... They are all simply AWESOME!

As for the action figures, I think they too are (for the most part) increasingly well-done (Re: The new Gammorrean Guard, Admiral Ackbar, and Woof (Klaatu) are some of the finest figures EVER produced in this scale)

HOWEVER

Whenever Hasbro slips up / drops the ball on a 3-3/4" action figure character, they screw up BIG!!!

And whenever they screw up, it tends to be on pretty MAJOR and important characters!

We've had INCREDIBLE action figures of virtually all the Episode V bounty hunters (Bossk, IG-88, Dengar... all BRILLIANT... all beautifully detailed).

So why do Boba Fett figures (STAR WARS' main bounty hunter) STILL SUCK??

Even the most recent Boba Fett sculpt (Legacy Collection Evolutions Fett / 2010 Vintage Collection Fett) leaves a LOT to be desired. In fact, in some ways, it is the worst one they have done in a while.

VintageCollectionFett.jpg

Un-balanced anatomy, clumsy, lanky, awkward stance, horrible paint apps, muddy sculpt, warped chewing-gum helmet, gorilla arms... honestly Hasbro!

I got so tired of waiting for a really nice 3-3/4 inch scale Boba Fett bounty hunter figure to match the quality and caliber of the other bounty hunters they have made. So I took matters into my own hands and built THIS customized action figures over the last few months.

DSC0132605-39-41.jpg

This figure is UN-FINISHED, awaiting some final details (gloved hands, etc.). But it features a level of detail that I am much more comfortable displaying alongside some of Hasbro's finer action figure releases (like some of the other bounty hunters)

My two cents:

I love, love, love Hasbro's STAR WARS brand products. i think they are (for the most part) doing a brilliant job that keeps steadily improving... (heading in the right direction).

Vehicles, and accessories have probably reached an all-new height of awesomeness this year with the 2010 Vintage Legacy Collection... especially for those of us that are fans of the Original Trilogy.

The new big AT-AT, the new (smaller) Snowspeeder, the more accurate AT-ST, Twin Pod Cloud Car, Tie Interceptor, Radar Laser Cannon, Rebel Gun Turret... They are all simply AWESOME!

As for the action figures, I think they too are (for the most part) increasingly well-done (Re: The new Gammorrean Guard, Admiral Ackbar, and Woof (Klaatu) are some of the finest figures EVER produced in this scale)

HOWEVER

Whenever Hasbro slips up / drops the ball on a 3-3/4" action figure character, they screw up BIG!!!

And whenever they screw up, it tends to be on pretty MAJOR and important characters!

We've had INCREDIBLE action figures of virtually all the Episode V bounty hunters (Bossk, IG-88, Dengar... all BRILLIANT... all beautifully detailed).

So why do Boba Fett figures (STAR WARS' main bounty hunter) STILL SUCK??

Even the most recent Boba Fett sculpt (Legacy Collection Evolutions Fett / 2010 Vintage Collection Fett) leaves a LOT to be desired. In fact, in some ways, it is the worst one they have done in a while.

Un-balanced anatomy, clumsy, lanky, awkward stance, horrible paint apps, muddy sculpt, warped chewing-gum helmet, gorilla arms... honestly Hasbro!

I got so tired of waiting for a really nice 3-3/4 inch scale Boba Fett bounty hunter figure to match the quality and caliber of the other bounty hunters they have made. So I took matters into my own hands and built THIS customized action figures over the last few months.

This figure is UN-FINISHED, awaiting some final details (gloved hands, etc.). But it features a level of detail that I am much more comfortable displaying alongside some of Hasbro's finer action figure releases (like some of the other bounty hunters)

cool-story-bro.jpg

Back