Hasbro appreciation thread.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
From what I heard there was a long dealy as they were changing the way they were packed. Looks like they are back sending.

yea, i know my money order was processed months ago............:mad:

edit:.............arrived today............:woo

card isnt the greatest that has a few wrinkles but eh, still a cool nostalgic figure.

Last edited:
I got my "Rocket Firing Boba Fett" today, and it looks like the rumors were true about the re-packaging. He was shipped in a very thick and sturdy box, which in turn had a smaller flimsier box inside, so my Fett arrived damage free. He's so Frakking sweet...

S00ooooooooooooooooooooooo I couldn't find that Jabba set anywhere... Today?... Thirteen of them sitting there at Wal-Mart.

:slap:slap:slap

Can anyone tell me how long ago the last ANH Leia was released?

I think '04/'05. 2004 was the back end of SAGA 1 and she was in a "Hall of Fame" set. A repack of the same figure is in the OTC collection later in '04. Then of course, there's the VOTC.

In '05, the same figure as OTC basic was made as an OTC hologram version, exclusive to somebody.

I can't remember another one since.

Sounds cool. FYI, I remembered the Early Bird/Tin set ANH Leia after my post. They were made later than '05. The bad part is those 2 are hooded and wouldn't fit the Detention scene. They are smaller in stature too, more in line with today's figures, but they look good. No Leia is particularly poseable, but your son probably won't mind.

Hasbro, feel free to come out with modular Death Star playsets:clap

There are no plans I'm aware of for a new ANH release. I know they are doing Vintage for a couple years, so it's possible, but since they are doing all 6 movies, the spots are few and far between. Between confirmations and strong rumors, most of next years ANH spots are taken.

The VOTC Leia is in the current scale though. It's a pretty good figure-close to definitive. Head is a tad big (and she has rosy cheeks) and she has swivel elbows instead of ball joint. Most people have swapped upper bodies with the ESB Frigate Leia (which has ball joint arms-same outfit) for the best possible Leia in current scale.

They may re-release her in Legends too. I'm not too sure of that lineup for the coming year.

I personally wish they would just do the figures from the original 3 films in the vintage line. That way, we could get more updates on original packaging of figures from the classic series. I really want an updated blue snaggletooth.

Pick up the ROTJ wave this pass weekend.. Ill tell you its one of the best waves I have seen in a while. I really like each individual figure, so much that I pick up 2 additional Gammorrean and Woof..

FYI, Yoda and Wedge got bumped and are no longer in this wave. There was an issue with Wedge, and the Yoda figure was a PT version with chair and wiser heads prevailed rather than put that on a Jedi or ESB card.

The running change for the Anakin figure from ROTS starts this wave. It now correctly calls him Darth Vader in the nameplate.

The Yoda was super articulated and had a lightsaber, cane, and ball of lightning along with a muddy looking 'soft goods' cloak. No chair.

I stand corrected. I knew there was something PT about it, but I guess misremembered what it was. Thanks Sachiel. I'll try to be more careful with my information.

That's one hell of an amazing 3 inch figure. Damn.

TVC-700.jpg

Back