Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wish they would take a second pass at the original figures with better paints. They're gonna look really out of place with the newer stuff

Agreed. I'm hopeful at least the main characters, like ANH Luke, ANH Han, ANH Obi-Wan, etc. will get re-releases with the new paint style.

I see. I guess you like to keep yours MIB. I just wanted the DS Commander for the figure, but I haven't brought myself to destroy the package to break it free yet.

I'm keeping my 40th set MOC so I wanted a loose DSC and Jawa for the legacy stand.

Tap'd from my 7+

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Astromechs. No that isn't R5-D4. It's the R5-D8 included in the Amazon three pack.

98d29321f2f0b12a862e7e0dc3ab534a.jpg

Tap'd from my 7+

Hope this hasn't been posted yet as I scrolled through the last few pages to make sure I didn't see it.

I don't collect Black Series, but that Commander Wolffe may be tempting.

Mimban Stormtrooper seems to just be muddy instead of camouflage.
fftgr3wldxg01.jpg

I just realized that there are no Rebels figures shown, I hope that doesn't mean the Rebels series won't be completed.

We get Holdo instead of Ezra Bridger! :slap

Hasbro continues to confuse me.

Characters that you think would have soft goods have sculpted capes/clothes.

Characters that you think would have sculpted capes/clothes have soft goods.

They need to make up their minds.

I disagree. Going cloth helps improve articulation over plastic, so great for kids play. Also people are willing to pay $80 for 1:12 Mezco which has cloth, so if Hasbro can make it look good at their prices, I hope they keep using it.

It looks like cheap fabric that someone cut with scissors. Hasbro's cloth looks nothing like Mezcos and Hasbro will never touch that quality at $20 a figure. And kids aren't buying these. All this stuff we talk about on SS Freaks is being bought by adults.

It looks like cheap fabric that someone cut with scissors. Hasbro's cloth looks nothing like Mezcos and Hasbro will never touch that quality at $20 a figure. And kids aren't buying these. All this stuff we talk about on SS Freaks is being bought by adults.

See I think just the opposite in most cases. I think the Mezco stuff looks horribly cheap and like those old Mego figures from back in the 70s.

The newer Black Series figures that use cloth look great to me, like the Tusken Raiders etc. Luke and Leia, definitely not though.

Some of Mezco's fabric looks the same to me, cheap and poorly scaled fabric. But at least it helps the articulation in both cases.
And it doesn't matter who's buying the articulated SW Black figures, they're always intended for kids as they should be. The unarticulated Star Wars Black statues on the other hand....no one buys.

Back