Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

I am learning new things as I go along- as far as I know there’s Black Series, Mafex, and SH Figuarts. Nice to have options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Figuarts are super cool for sure, but dont scale well with the black series unfortunately and they are quite a bit more expensive. I did get farmboy Luke and Maul since they're smaller characters and fit in with the rest, and yeah they are fantastic figures!

I have a few Figuarts and Maul is IMO they’re best. I’ve stuck to Mafex for the few 1/12’s I pick up since they do scale well with the BS.

IMO figuarts are looking to be a hit or miss in the last year or so. Depending on the line, it seems the quality in detail has lagged and I can only assume is they have taken on too many different lines and now they losing their niche in paying attention to details overall.

I’ll join the Mafex Boba Fett bandwagon. I’ve got the ROTJ version and really really want the ESB version.

40th Vader and Mafex Fett:
8N5NEKI.jpg

If you don't mind doing some work you can really turn the BS Fett around.
36367725311_79bee30133_c.jpg

Workin' on converting mine to more of a ROTJ appearance, Just had to cut and move the pouches and use a Jango belt.
Get a Knock-Off from Ebay for like 15 bucks and you're rollin'.

I assume this push on the face print tech and such by Hasbro is a direct response to collectors leaving the line for higher end figures. It's interesting to me though how even with the more advanced stuff, the paint apps still don't QUITE match that original series with X-Wing Luke. I had a SHF Dr. Strange for a few days and the face print tech was just...rough. I'm eager to see an IJ Rey in person, but that portrait of Tarkin isn't comforting me at all.

I assume this push on the face print tech and such by Hasbro is a direct response to collectors leaving the line for higher end figures. It's interesting to me though how even with the more advanced stuff, the paint apps still don't QUITE match that original series with X-Wing Luke. I had a SHF Dr. Strange for a few days and the face print tech was just...rough. I'm eager to see an IJ Rey in person, but that portrait of Tarkin isn't comforting me at all.

Wut, that Tarkin looks great for $20!

Their non face printing human characters don’t even look like humans lol

The difference is night and day.

Hasbro definately going in the right direction.

Screw paying $80-$100 for a 6” action figure that’s disgusting.

Wut, that Tarkin looks great for $20!

Their non face printing human characters don’t even look like humans lol

The difference is night and day.

Hasbro definately going in the right direction.

Screw paying $80-$100 for a 6” action figure that’s disgusting.

:goodpost:^This.
It's not 100% perfect, I looked at several Jessica Jones figures over the months, the day I decided to pick one up I looked at 11, the first two I found on sale at Walmart were pretty near perfect and grabbed one, all the others looked a bit poor, mostly due to the paint being off register.
I lucked out with my Daredevil, I ordered mine online and got perfect paint, but I've seen a few that weren't too great. The Black Panther ML figures looked pretty great though, not much off paint that I've seen.

When the tech works, it's fantastic. Some of the Marvel Legends figures are better painted than my recent $200+ Sideshow figures.

Soooo finally got the cloak

Before

Now

URL=https://s270.photobucket.com/user/guyver12/media/Clothing%20Spidey/da5c2ae9-13ca-48f9-ac86-1c08bbcd3234.jpg.html]
da5c2ae9-13ca-48f9-ac86-1c08bbcd3234.jpg
[/URL]

Yup..looks even better in person, flows naturally IMO

Definitely reminds me of a Jedi now

Just so you are wondering..looks good on Jedi Rey too :wink1:

Back