Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

I saw the Vader in person today. It's really tempting but $70 CAD is steep. I don't want to be paying $40 for a stand I won't use.

Guess I'll just hold out for the regular release.

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

The cardback on my 40th anniversary Darth Vader does not have the warning logo & the age 4 signage is also more discreet.

IMG_4203.jpg

That's a couple of acres of empty black space on that card.

I hope Rebelscum scans the cardbacks in hi-res. Going to be great to see the old Kenner-retouched photo artwork so detailed. Vader looks noticeably more hi-res.

More pictures are available here: https://news.toyark.com/2017/04/15/star-wars-celebration-black-series-official-pics-249444

Tarkin is an absolute must buy. I can't see any of the import companies doing him so I will be sure to buy him. I have dreamed of having the entire main cast of A New Hope on display in the 6" scale, and now it is finally possible.

I still have to get around to getting most of them though. I currently have Figuarts Farmboy Luke and the model kit droids. Recently sold off my Black Series Han and Chewie and my MAFEX Vader as I was hoping to upgrade to the Figuarts for Han and Chewie and the new 40th Black Series for Vader.

I'm just uncertain on what to do about Ben Kenobi and Leia. I am tempted to get the Black Series 40th versions but I sort of want to hold out for the import versions of those characters. What do you guys think I should do?
5282448b7bf5354190beb7fb9f38f25e.jpg
e0b5799620e25639a8a31d7c180f529c.jpg
3bb84e70b111487817b486c8b88481b5.jpg
53467ed63c7418c048e0a1f0bfbb318b.jpg
ae5c4b7196329e2474c04ee53ed54092.jpg
a26ef20f6efc4b6c9d742c960d24bfff.jpg

:yess: Tarkin looks odd but I'll get him.

Also, they're making Jaina so that means we could get more EU :yess: meaning Kyle Katarn.

And why does that Luke look better than the regular one? :lol is it the head?

Looks like it'll be more likely I get Count Dooku with Hasbro than with SHF.

Funny how one figure being announced changes my mind on the 40th anniversary display stand with Darth Vader. With Tarkin coming I feel much more inclined to get that stand. I know the intention is to have the original Kenner set in 6", but for me I would just want to use the stand to hold everyone in the original poster.

eed4da474e1f61508bbfbd8a2118fb86.jpg

The figures look amazing, Tarkin and Thrawn in particular are standouts. Only problem will be finding them on the pegs. Who would think that crusty old Imperials would be hot sellers.:lol

This 6inch Figures were supposed to be at a higher level then the 3 3/4 line and the very first series showed that. Now there just an enlarged version of the 3" line and look like crap BUT demanding $30 CAN price! Saw Obi Wan, Leia and Krennic yesterday I don't mind them at a $15 price point but $29.96 at Walmart are just not worth it. Not even tempting. The packaging is not even worth it

Quality is a big issue with this line for me and why I quit buying them. I love that they're hitting all the characters, but got turned off from things like being out of scale and terrible paint/sculpts

Hasbro announcing the return of TVC 3.75.

If they are of the same quality as the last run in 2011 then I will buy them all.

That will be painful with buying Hot Toys too!

Quality is a big issue with this line for me and why I quit buying them. I love that they're hitting all the characters, but got turned off from things like being out of scale and terrible paint/sculpts

Agreed, quality can be really hit and miss. The early ones (Sandtrooper and Stormtrooper especially) were outstanding, some of the others (Han Solo) not so much.
In Sweden store selection seems really shabby too. Seriously they must have been packing boxes with Obi Wan and Chewie and keeping the other figures for a different market, I'm not even sure I saw each figure on shelves. (I only ever saw one R2D2 in a store ever)
It was actually the availabity and release schedule of these figures that turned me off them.

Thst said I was home in London for Christmas and picked up Kylo Ren at a bricks and mortar store for about half the normal price. I didn't actually open him until this week and I have to say I'm pleasantly surprised, the soft goods are pretty good. (Though his lightsaber totally looks like cheap toy plastic) articulation is good to match the deep stance fighting pose of my hot toys Kylo and they kind of look pretty neat together.

I've never seen Luke on a shelf and most photo's I have seen of him and Leia look horrible, but I'm tempted now...
(That said, I unpacked Jyn this week also and her sculpt looks like it was done with playdough. I guess I'll have to wait and see if SH Figuarts do a Leia and Jyn

Hey everyone, just have a couple questions on the 40th anniversary Darth Vader Legacy set and I was hoping someone who has one could help me out.

What are the dimensions of the base of the display stand?

How tall is Vader when he is standing straight up?

Are the red/brown eyes as noticeable in real life as they are in the pictures? I know he has red tinted eyes in the film but it seems way more prominent on the Hasbro figure....

Thanks; hopefully one of you can help me out. :)

Edit: And it would be extra awesome if someone could share a picture of him standing next to the S.H.Figuarts Farmboy Luke Skywalker!

More pictures are available here: https://news.toyark.com/2017/04/15/star-wars-celebration-black-series-official-pics-249444

Tarkin is an absolute must buy. I can't see any of the import companies doing him so I will be sure to buy him. I have dreamed of having the entire main cast of A New Hope on display in the 6" scale, and now it is finally possible.

I still have to get around to getting most of them though. I currently have Figuarts Farmboy Luke and the model kit droids. Recently sold off my Black Series Han and Chewie and my MAFEX Vader as I was hoping to upgrade to the Figuarts for Han and Chewie and the new 40th Black Series for Vader.

I'm just uncertain on what to do about Ben Kenobi and Leia. I am tempted to get the Black Series 40th versions but I sort of want to hold out for the import versions of those characters. What do you guys think I should do?

I am still holding out for the SH versions of Leia and old Obi Wan (I think I saw pics of him somewhere). Though I will say this 40th anniversary set are really nice compared to most of the BS humans. I'll probably get both the land speeder and Rey's vehicle as I need more 1:12 vehicles anyway, and the Luke that is shipping with the speeder is 100x better than the derp-fest that was the most recent Farm Boy Luke they released last year. BS does a good job on army builder figures and non-human looking characters. I am definitely getting this Tarkin as I like the look and I don't think SH will get around to making one. Heck, they've been doing SW figures how long now and we still don't have some of the original cast?

Are the red/brown eyes as noticeable in real life as they are in the pictures? I know he has red tinted eyes in the film but it seems way more prominent on the Hasbro figure....

Edit: And it would be extra awesome if someone could share a picture of him standing next to the S.H.Figuarts Farmboy Luke Skywalker!

This should help you out with these two. The eyes are definitely way more colorful in photos, in hand they look good, a lot more like in this picture.
14584c5f228dfdcfa39d1f58df3a7a42.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This should help you out with these two. The eyes are definitely way more colorful in photos, in hand they look good, a lot more like in this picture.

Nice pic! Is that the mafex R2? It looks really great!

Trying to decide between that one and the bandai kit right now, but leaning towards the mafex cause I dont wanna do the work of weathering him lol

There definitely appears to be 2 types of vader; one darker eyes and one much brighter. The eyes on mine are very noticeable and I'm trying to figure a way to tone them down

Thank you, that is extremely helpful. The height looks perfect to me.

Back