Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those of you buying the 40th anniversary set for the card art what are these offerings giving you that the 3.75 inch Vintage Collection or Jumbo Gentle Giant collection didn't? On the one hand I always love vintage throwbacks but I'm a little put off that they aren't in a vintage scale (3.75 or 12 inch) and that the card art is so cropped.

They are jumbo size to fit the 6" scale.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

View attachment 335635View attachment 335636
c2a0afbfd0089f6bd0205ce416868f49.jpg
View attachment 335637

Got my Vader yesterday and he is amazing in hand. Now I wait for the next wave. I put Krennic in it because he fills the lack of a Tarkin and well I love Rogue One. Vader's helmet is a little misaligned but I'll fix that when I have more time. Still a great display!

Leia is stunning also in hand. Great face sculpt!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Very nice display, love it!

For those of you buying the 40th anniversary set for the card art what are these offerings giving you that the 3.75 inch Vintage Collection or Jumbo Gentle Giant collection didn't? On the one hand I always love vintage throwbacks but I'm a little put off that they aren't in a vintage scale (3.75 or 12 inch) and that the card art is so cropped.

Better articulation and better sculpt in the best scale.

Yeah I completely misunderstood Khev's question. Too many long days apparently. For myself, I love this scale. And these 40th anniversary figures just seem like a classy set to celebrate the big 4-0 for Star Wars. The only problem was opening them....that was a hard decision but I wanted to display the set and pose the figures. And honestly either way I am getting 2 Vaders because this figure needs to be opened and posed. Great articulation, only thing is I do wish he had another left hand. It looks a little odd. But that is my only gripe with him. The sift goods actually worked for this release.

My question is for those who buy them with the intent to leave them MOC. One of the main selling points of this new 40th anniversary series seems to be the vintage card art but you can just get the VOTC 3.75 figures which don't crop the artwork.

Even the Jumbo Kenner Gentle Giant packaging shows more of the original vintage art.

My question is for those who buy them with the intent to leave them MOC. One of the main selling points of this new 40th anniversary series seems to be the vintage card art but you can just get the VOTC 3.75 figures which don't crop the artwork.

Even the Jumbo Kenner Gentle Giant packaging shows more of the original vintage art.
I intend to keep 1 or 2 MoC.

It's nicely cropped though, they only cropped the left side which was the cropped light-saber to begin with so they just removed the dead space they didn't need, the face is intact and kept it centered, plus the actual image is a lot better than those previously mentioned, they improved the exposition.

Plus it has the advantage of looking a lot better with the new sculpt.

It's an improvement all around.

I intend to keep 1 or 2 MoC.

It's nicely cropped though, they only cropped the left side which was the cropped light-saber to begin with so they just removed the dead space they didn't need, the face is intact and kept it centered, plus the actual image is a lot better than those previously mentioned, they improved the exposition.

Plus it has the advantage of looking a lot better with the new sculpt.

It's an improvement all around.

I disagree. The cropped photo is a big step down from the VOTC cards. I'm not a fan of the off-centered logo and nameplate either. I *want* to like this new line, but right now it doesn't make much sense to get them unless you want to open them and display them loose like cerealkeller is doing. The butchered vintage packaging totally defeats the purpose of displaying them MOC in my opinion.

VOTChansolocardfr.jpg

The-Black-Series-40th-Anniversary-C1689-C1688-Han-Solo-014.jpg

Oh, with Han yeah I agree, but I don't care about Han :lol Only Darth, and he looks better than the last ones and it will be the only one of this series I'm getting.

Maybe Obi Wan too.

I felt the same way Khev did when these 6" vintage throwbacks were first announced. Hated how the format compromised the layout, wanted a giant, to scale card like this.

Mattel-DC-Super-Powers-Batman-142-967x1024.jpg

image_zps70067867.jpg

Or something unique and creative like this,

A.jpgB.jpgc.jpg

But then when I got the Vader and early bird kit last week and saw the card in person, I was hooked. The individual character colors, the black and silver presentation, I just couldn't resist. Then when I saw Leia and R2 with their blue cards and high contrast photos, I was hooked, asymmetrical layout be damned. They're going to look great in a complete set, especially with that landspeeder which will have a throwback vintage box.

GbLprWqGkNAvoMLaPUpCEResxYHUXd.jpg

star-wars-black-series-40th-10.jpg

TWT3RMXBoRu2MiHbxLY4oYHccMSE3E.jpg

Yup. Got an extra Vader to open though. Will do the same with the Sand People and Jawa.

Got two R5's after some hunting after work. Took some effort to get them. I guess each GameStop only got one or two, if that. Bring on Wave 2. Can't wait for the Jawa.

Looks like my targets put out the 40th carded figures today. Looks like people will be able to get them from this weekend on :wink1:

Back