Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was pleasantly surprised to stumble across these guys today at Walmart...for the low, low price of $12.84 too!

IMG_303010.JPG

I managed to get the two figures I was looking forward to the most - K2 and the Death Trooper - early, and I am very impressed with them.

I love K2's design which I find both somehow lovable but menacing, while adding touches of classic Star Wars design.

They translated it very well into figure form. It's surprisingly sturdy and poseable, along with being very well sculpted and painted.

The Death Trooper has grown on me a lot, and seeing an example of the design in person has firmly secured it as one my favorite trooper designs now. It's very intimidating, especially when placed with regular Stormtroopers. Really looking forward to the Hot Toys version.

The Black Series version could be just a little bit bigger overall, but I'm impressed by the sculpt and amount of details throughout.

DT1_zpsnxknckyd.jpg

DT2_zpsjuaf3msz.jpg

DT5_zpsa3j3lzse.jpg

DT3_zpsuwxld3k6.jpg

K21_zps8xu9usnc.jpg

K23_zpsbsblurj0.jpg

K25_zpsj8lvojsd.jpg

K24_zps3l7fstfj.jpg

K2ST1_zpsryehwp5v.jpg

K2ST2_zpsj5dgoey0.jpg

K2ST3_zpsm83yoibf.jpg

K2ST4_zpsj6uuxcnb.jpg

"Well, this is awkward."

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

K2 looks pretty cool. Seems like he would be a fun work desk toy to accompany your HT one at home.

I agree with you that the Deathtrooper looks oddly lanky compared to the normal ones. Does he have the green tinted lenses?

K2 looks pretty cool. Seems like he would be a fun work desk toy to accompany your HT one at home.

I agree with you that the Deathtrooper looks oddly lanky compared to the normal ones. Does he have the green tinted lenses?

Yeah, was just thinking how skinny the deathtrooper looks. Looking at how small the helmet looks compared to the stormie, almost looks like the entire deathtrooper figure came out maybe a bit underscaled. There's been a few BS figs that have come out wrongly sized (R2 too small most obviously.)

Yeah, was just thinking how skinny the deathtrooper looks. Looking at how small the helmet looks compared to the stormie, almost looks like the entire deathtrooper figure came out maybe a bit underscaled. There's been a few BS figs that have come out wrongly sized (R2 too small most obviously.)

The tallness and skinniness is intentional. According to Rogue One guides, the Death Troopers were all chosen from taller, skinnier troops. I don't recall the actual article this was in but it's out there.

The tallness and skinniness is intentional. According to Rogue One guides, the Death Troopers were all chosen from taller, skinnier troops. I don't recall the actual article this was in but it's out there.

Skinny? I heard tall, but "skinny" sounds kind of funny as a requirement for troops, but based on some cops I've seen over the years, it may not be a bad idea.:lol

I just mean that it looks like the figure was "outputted" at about 10-15% underscale (based on the first pic above, in comparison to the stormie,) so everything from helmet to height to shoulder width to thickness of limbs is all underscale. BS R2 had a similar problem, though that was more like 15-20%.

EDIT: Just found this making-of pic that supposedly shows a deathtrooper on break on Scarif (aka Floridaan)...

maxresdefault.jpg

Skinny? I heard tall, but "skinny" sounds kind of funny as a requirement for troops, but based on some cops I've seen over the years, it may not be a bad idea.:lol

I just mean that it looks like the figure was "outputted" at about 10-15% underscale (based on the first pic above, in comparison to the stormie,) so everything from helmet to height to shoulder width to thickness of limbs is all underscale. BS R2 had a similar problem, though that was more like 15-20%.

EDIT: Just found this making-of pic that supposedly shows a deathtrooper on break on Scarif (aka Floridaan)...

maxresdefault.jpg

Everything looks good in that pic except the alien in the speedo :horror

Local Walmart had all of the Rogue one Black Series, plus the Kylo unmasked etc.. Go to check out and they came up as "Recalled" and they wouldnt sell them to me.

Local Walmart had all of the Rogue one Black Series, plus the Kylo unmasked etc.. Go to check out and they came up as "Recalled" and they wouldnt sell them to me.

Yeah I hate when they put it out and then they realize, " Oh..we can't sell these until the Sept 30 " what's sad is that the computers already probably block the barcodes, so I don't know why they put them out :gah:

Man, you could've saved yourself a lot of time and money if you bought them today. :thud:

You must be pissed

That happened to me too yesterday. I was arguing with the stor manager who would not let me buy any either. They had a whole case out, but when I tried to buy them it rang up "see associate"

That happened to me too yesterday. I was arguing with the stor manager who would not let me buy any either. They had a whole case out, but when I tried to buy them it rang up "see associate"

I don't know why they had them out..TRU advertised the Rogue launch too for 30th at Midnight

What did the manager tell you exactly

Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

They have a street date that doesn't allow them to ring out. They shouldn't have been put out in the first place as they're for Force Friday. I remember that happened to me with some Luke figure from the Vintage Collection.

Didn't make any sense to me at the time but looking back it was part of the deleted scene wave from the blu ray set so they were probably supposed to wait until the release of the blu ray itself.

Re: Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

They have a street date that doesn't allow them to ring out. They shouldn't have been put out in the first place as they're for Force Friday. I remember that happened to me with some Luke figure from the Vintage Collection.

Didn't make any sense to me at the time but looking back it was part of the deleted scene wave from the blu ray set so they were probably supposed to wait until the release of the blu ray itself.

I know they have to scan the stuff before they put it out on the pegs to match the inventory. I don't get how they can't see that it won't have a proper streeet date

I don't know why they had them out..TRU advertised the Rogue launch too for 30th at Midnight

What did the manager tell you exactly

The manager said that they could not be rung up because the sku number was set for the 30th. If he over rode it bot he and the store would get in trouble.

Back