Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just picked up the new black series stormtrooper helmet. I've never owned any of the high end helmets so I can't compare, but for the price this thing is impressive.

I visited TRU and Walmart this afternoon. TRU had all the R1 small 3.3/4" figures and vehicles you could want and all the Lego sets, but only had a few SW Black 6" scale Mask-less Rens, a bunch of terribly painted Rey and BB-8s (looks like a re-release of the first 6" Rey, but badly painted), and two K-2SOs. I bought K2 and love it!
I was only hoping to get K2 and the Death Trooper (Jen Urso is on preorder with Amazon), so at least I got one on my list.

My Walmart almost had nothing. There were a few R1 big things I don't care about and that's it.
I did manage to find a Marvel Legends Wolverine there, so that's a huge win, they're hard to come by for me.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Was able to get the death trooper at a second Walmart. Only had him and Luna and some other older figures.

Mmmm, thinking about getting this.Is the voice thing any good?

I've been wanting a Stormtrooper helmet for ages, but the "real" ones were way too expensive. This however is worthy of more research. I watched a couple of reviews and both the voice changer feature on the Kylo Ren helmet and this one don't work very well at all. Which is a real shame. The helmet itself looks awesome. They should have brought out a cheaper version without the voice changer and they would have sold a million. However still isn't that expensive though. I was thinking of getting one just for display, and next costume party maybe. It looks very detailed and quality looks great.

I've been wanting a Stormtrooper helmet for ages, but the "real" ones were way too expensive. This however is worthy of more research. I watched a couple of reviews and both the voice changer feature on the Kylo Ren helmet and this one don't work very well at all. Which is a real shame. The helmet itself looks awesome. They should have brought out a cheaper version without the voice changer and they would have sold a million. However still isn't that expensive though. I was thinking of getting one just for display, and next costume party maybe. It looks very detailed and quality looks great.

Yeah, when you get down to it, the price really isn't that bad at all even if you are just looking for it as a lower priced prop replica. Are there other more accurate Stormtrooper replicas out there? Sure. But of course much more expensive. I'll look at a few more reviews as they pop up, but I may be picking this one up just to display.

Went out just now and Target had everything. Multiples of the 6" black series and the new Titanium vehicles! Bought the Deathtrooper and Titanium Tie Striker and U Wing, love the vehicles, U wing is quickly becoming a favorite.
The other Walmart also had all the Black series in front of the Movie section.

Went out just now and Target had everything. Multiples of the 6" black series and the new Titanium vehicles! Bought the Deathtrooper and Titanium Tie Striker and U Wing, love the vehicles, U wing is quickly becoming a favorite.
The other Walmart also had all the Black series in front of the Movie section.

I wish the wings were thicker near the pilot or shortened a bit, I'm sure I'll fall in love with it eventually, but as of now, I didn't even pull the trigger on the lego set for the U Wing.

I was at the Wal Mart in Indianapolis (HW39) and they had all the BS figures. Lots of them. The Black KS droid is rather cool. I was drawn to the unmasked Klyo also..
Anyway there are end caps of the figures if you are in Indy and looking.

I wish the wings were thicker near the pilot or shortened a bit, I'm sure I'll fall in love with it eventually, but as of now, I didn't even pull the trigger on the lego set for the U Wing.

I watched the Janbricks review of the Lego U-Wing, I didn't much like the compromises due to the nature of Lego's parts. The Titanium ship has a much sleeker front end. I also found out that the U-Wing has a large lower window as well as two smaller lower windows to allow the pilot to land the ship to deploy troopers, I thought that was pretty cool. Unfortunately, the Titanium U-Wing has a large stupid screw there but I can kinda look past it. I also love the sleekness of the different U-Wing areas and for me, this fits right into the Star Wars Universe along side the X-Wings and Y-Wings.
I can't wait until Bandai puts this out as a model kit, that will really show off just how cool the ship is!
View attachment 295787
View attachment 295788
View attachment 295789

Last edited:
So there is a 6" BS Jyn exclusive in a different outfit? Are these sold in stores? Which ones :dunno

I watched the Janbricks review of the Lego U-Wing, I didn't much like the compromises due to the nature of Lego's parts. The Titanium ship has a much sleeker front end. I also found out that the U-Wing has a large lower window as well as two smaller lower windows to allow the pilot to land the ship to deploy troopers, I thought that was pretty cool. Unfortunately, the Titanium U-Wing has a large stupid screw there but I can kinda look past it. I also love the sleekness of the different U-Wing areas and for me, this fits right into the Star Wars Universe along side the X-Wings and Y-Wings.
I can't wait until Bandai puts this out as a model kit, that will really show off just how cool the ship is!

I wondered why this was so thick bellied, didn't realize it could carry troops,thought it may be a bomber type craft.

I wondered why this was so thick bellied, didn't realize it could carry troops,thought it may be a bomber type craft.
Yeah, this is the inside of the U-Wing troop compartment:

View attachment 295800
I didn't think it could fit a troop compartment in the design but after having the Titanium model in hand, it makes sense to me now.

Why do they always have to be K-mart exclusives. My Kmarts suck

So do the two nearby me, I think it's a company mandate that all Kmart stores suck. :lol

did anyone in Canada find the Hovertank pilot?? I have a feeling that we just didn't get him....

if anyone has an extra, and isn't into GOUGING... please let me know!!!

Back