Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well the Star Wars aisle is empty so I guess a clerk saw the box and just decided to fill the pegs.

That happened to me too yesterday. I was arguing with the stor manager who would not let me buy any either. They had a whole case out, but when I tried to buy them it rang up "see associate"

Are you new to this? Why argue with the manager when you already knew it cannot be sold before the 30th. I am glad I no longer have to deal with the public at my job.

:goodpost: :lol

So true. Especially at my local WM.

I'm surprised that when I walk into a WM, Target or TRU those morons actually ask me now if I need any help. I remember in the 90s and early 2000s I couldn't find help if I walked around the stores three times in a row :lecture

FYI I know more than these store managers. That's what's sad. Who is hiring and promoting these people :cuckoo:

Are you new to this? Why argue with the manager when you already knew it cannot be sold before the 30th. I am glad I no longer have to deal with the public at my job.

Last year I was able to buy a storm trooper early. It was at a Walmart and the manager had no problem letting me get it early.

I had the same experience at Walmart yesterday. It occurred to me later that I should have brought an older figure with my to the self-checkout and scanned it for each of the newer ones.
Oh well, we'll all be choking on them by the weekend.

:goodpost: :lol

So true. Especially at my local WM.

I'm surprised that when I walk into a WM, Target or TRU those morons actually ask me now if I need any help. I remember in the 90s and early 2000s I couldn't find help if I walked around the stores three times in a row :lecture

FYI I know more than these store managers. That's what's sad. Who is hiring and promoting these people :cuckoo:
I hate it when I'm at Target and I check the price scanner and it says what I want is in the back and the associates try to tell me that it's not in stock. This past weekend brickseek said the marvel legends figures I wanted was at my local target, the price scanner said they were in the stock room, but the only associate Kate on the floor checks his little hand held scanner and says the ones I want are on the legs and all marvel legends have the same DPC number. I point to the peg tags and prove that they don't, then he tells me they don't have them in stock. If they can't or don't want to go in the back and get them that's fine but please don't lie to me and act like I don't know what I'm talking about.

I had the same experience at Walmart yesterday. It occurred to me later that I should have brought an older figure with my to the self-checkout and scanned it for each of the newer ones.
Oh well, we'll all be choking on them by the weekend.

Ah, that's a good idea. :lol

I saw a single Rey at my Wally today, and indeed it came up as non-sellable. But, I did my magic and got to purchase it early, so hurray for me?

Great how cheap some of the TFA troopers are getting now on places like Amazon - down to $11 on the flametrooper and stormtrooper recently.

Unless things are dramatically different than 2005, nobody has to "approve" anything to go into the front of the store. It just takes someone in toys to want to go to the back, grab an case and put it on the shelf. That's it. I did it all the time when I worked at Walmart in 04/05 in toys. New Marvel Legends would come out, I'd take a case from the back and put out the doubles, take the rest of the case, and put it aside, and buy it when I got off lol. We were only told we can't "save stuff" for ourselves during Christmas week. Other than that, nobody gave a crap. Star Wars was slightly different because of the street date thing but yeah, usually people are told they'll be fined a thousand some odd dollars if the merch is sold early meaning the store itself and then, depending how ignorant the cashier is of the situation, they can even be fired for it.

All that being said, yesterday I went to Walmart and all the 3 3/4th's new rogue one figures were already on the shelf. They had no price tag on the peg but they were there. Nobody was brave enough to put out the 6 inch though as their pegs were empty at both Walmart and target.

TRUs are the only store doing midnight this time. Checked the other stores today, nope. Target started putting the display up but they told me tomorrow during normal hours

I think online might be the best choice

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

5bb195a00bfcf4d4764f8106f8339d7c.jpg

96247b52d5c8c7751320abf416ecdaf4.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930AZ using Tapatalk

My TRU only had Jyn, the Luna character, and the new Ren. Walmart had nothing. Sort of just wanted to check out the droid and Death Star Trooper. A little tempted to check out my first figure arts figure with one of the troopers. Not sure which though.

Have these been really hard for people to find today? I ran into my local Walmart this morning on the way to work and they had lots of Ren, Jyn, K-2, and Cassian. I didn't see any small figures at all, and didn't see the 6" Death Trooper at all. Of course, I have no idea what's left now and may have just gotten lucky this morning.

My TRU only had Jyn, the Luna character, and the new Ren. Walmart had nothing. Sort of just wanted to check out the droid and Death Star Trooper. A little tempted to check out my first figure arts figure with one of the troopers. Not sure which though.

Yeah my Walmarts look like they probably won't get anything until next week :dunno. My targets and TRUs are definitely prepared.

IMO it seems the stores are going low key than TFA. Barnes and Noble are doing some Lego SW event on Sat, but that's about it. I think the fandom isn't as big merchandising as TFA was.

The sales lady at the Disney store told me " this is low key..because this film is only a year apart this time rather than TFA was an idea years after the idea of the OT so the fandom was in a bigger scale with companies "

Don't get me wrong, collectors will collect..it's what we do :lecture but I was surprised only a TRU did the midnight event, meaning these figures will be in demand, but I think they will be a little easier to find until the movie releases and people actually see it.

Back