Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man that Luke looks nice. And the extra head with the windswept hair is awesome.

Scale-wise they are a bit smaller than Hasbro. Not as big as a difference between Marvel Legends & Select but you can tell they are smaller. You might be able to get it to work, especially considering the fluctuating sizes of characters from Star Wars.

For comparison, as we've been at this multiple times now: Figuarts Jedi Luke
SH-Figuarts-Luke-Skywalker-2.jpg

That looks like Bruce Jenner.

I LOVE that arm/shoulder articulation!

I Also love the 'Sail Barge' head sculpt.

Not sure about you guys, but Sail Barge Luke IS ROTJ Luke for me.

The Figuarts stuff looks much better than the Black Series stuff but then it's also twice the price at minimum, not to mention goes nuts on the secondary market if you wait too long. Broly for example from the DBZ line was already around $70 when it was released because he is so big but now a month later it's commanding almost $100. These I'm sure will be pricey.

Plus that's an early handpainted prototype with some hella good lighting and photoshop applied.

Images of Han Stormtrooper and Bossk from China seller on Ebay. They still like to have fun with those removable helmet gimmicks which look like those rubber masks you buy in the bargain bins at Halloween. I hear that Bossk no longer has the articulated jaw as Hasbro originally advertised back at SDCC. I don't think I'll miss it.

$_57.jpg $_572.jpg 3.jpg $_574.jpg

haha and he looks no better than the 3 3/4 version. That helmet on Han is crazy bad too lol. I'm pretty much completely out on this line now, time to dump my troops on ebay and put the money elsewhere

I didn't see the point of starting over a new collection at that scale and am glad I didn't. I almost jumped in when the first wave showed up. Accessories, sculpt and paint did come out superbly. Now, unless those are rejects, it really looks like they've dropped the ball. Also, promoting the line with features such as movable jaw for Bossk and getting rid of it on the final product is a very bad move. Finally, Amazon prices slashes on Dx bike and Jabba aren't reassuring signs on that line being successful at retail.
Gonna get a few 6" Star Wars figures in the end but they won't be Hasbro's. Bandai movie realization, though pricier, offer a much better quality/price ratio.

Your seeing the price reductions due to Hasbro flooding the market... That's why it's never a good idea to pay 2x-3x the price on any of the characters that sell out fast because Hasbro will dump more on the market as fast as they can make them and then you can get it at a discount.

In reference to FigArts Luke: Looks awesome. However, Luke doesn't have his vest on but the windswept hair and pose are referencing the sailbarge classic pose. He's also pictured in the throne room but his collar is closed?

WTF, pick one theme and go with it. I don't like Luke "inbetween."

Heres to hoping theres switch out accessories on this guy.

Bandai movie realization, though pricier, offer a much better quality/price ratio.

I picked up the Samurai Vader, and though it's much pricier and I'm sure it's not everyone's cup of tea, I can definitely say I'd rather have him over five Black Series 6 inchers at this point.

Back