Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasbro needs to tone down the gloss on the production figures. That's what makes them look bad. The plastic is so freaking glossy. At least paint it or dull it.

image_zpsb8bd6aff.jpg
[/IMG]

I've only recently discovered this line and really love it, but part of that may be that I was lucky enough to buy them at the cheaper prices ($15 Jabba etc.) so it's not a fair assessment. That being said, I'll probably be buying the Taun and Wampa sets at full retail because I really want those.

I'll be getting Bossk too, but his headsculpt does remind of Jim Carrey's The Mask character.:lol

I've grown tired of Hasbro's quality and distribution. I posted my black series collection on the local craigslist. They're all loose but complete and ill take just about any reasonable offer.

I have:

Darth Vader
2 stormtrooper
Sand trooper with orange shoulder pad
Sand trooper with black shoulder pad
Tie Fighter pilot
Boba Fett
Proto boba fett
Greedo
Scout trooper with speeder bike
Shadow trooper squadron( black stormtrooper and scout
With speeder bike)

Heres something I don't understand with some of the stuff Im reading here. Are most of you guys completest? I mean I see multiple posts of people saying "Im glad I sold off my collection" or "glad I got rid of the few I had" because some of the new figures look like crap. Can you just not keep the few guys you like and stop buying the rest. Help me understand this I don't like a figure coming out in the next line so Im going to get rid of all the previous figures I have.

I have a 2 Sand Troopers and a Storm Trooper, Maul, Boba, and Vader along with a clone, but im picky and choosey and some look better than others, but Im
cool with them, not really looking to sell any of them and the guys that look like junk I just don't buy them.

I'm also picky with the characters I get, I mainly focused only inthe helmeted characters because the head sculpts on humans looked like crap... I just want to change gears and focus on 1/6th. I don't like the looks of my display cabinet with mixed scales is all.

I'm also picky with the characters I get, I mainly focused only inthe helmeted characters because the head sculpts on humans looked like crap... I just want to change gears and focus on 1/6th. I don't like the looks of my display cabinet with mixed scales is all.

You did pick all the good ones though.

And the main mixed scale is the TIE PIlot? Are there any other "little guys"? The TIE Pilot has really scrawny legs but I guess him being shorter sort of works - in the movie they seemed shorter, but maybe that was just next to Vader.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

I was cherry-picking too, but with space and funds getting eaten by 1/6 or more interesting releases in smaller scales...a couple of "strays" is what it felt like; and mainly I didn't have a need to duplicate characters I had in 1/6, so off they went. Definitely not a completist, by any stretch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

My Tie Pilot, Sandtrooper, Yoda and Clone Sergeant arrived today. Overall pretty happy with them, but the paint on the clone and Yoda isn't brilliant. The Sandy and TIE pilot, however, are outstanding.

You did pick all the good ones though.

And the main mixed scale is the TIE PIlot? Are there any other "little guys"? The TIE Pilot has really scrawny legs but I guess him being shorter sort of works - in the movie they seemed shorter, but maybe that was just next to Vader.

Nah, what I meant was mixing the 6" with my 1/6 scale In my display

my reasons for dropping out are the same as mentioned above. The scale was a big disappointment in the beginning, but I decided to give the line a try anyway, but now I feel like I'm just forcing and seeing that the new releases are still not living up to those first two waves just kinda sours me on the ones I have already - I've lost whatever enjoyment I got out of them.

The only one I have is X-Wing Luke and he turned out great!

Yeah, see I get that Waller :)
Reading peoples replies to my question I guess I understand it a bit better now, I was just confused as to how future figures determine if your going to keep what you currently have or sell them. Im the typical guy who likes the troopers and clones. The others ive picked up are
more just "I think they look cool so i'll pick him up"

I hope and would love if they get into KotOR, TOR, TCW, FU, Rebels(if it's good I haven't personally seen it and I'm pretty skeptical), the new trilogy, and Legacy

My Obi-wan repaint.. Not super fantastic, but much better than the factory paint. There really is a great sculpt under all that mess.

9F15E22B-AD01-4D48-9732-5EE848482277_zpsyfusx4h4.jpg

I shaded my Yoda's head with a regular pencil and it really made a difference I think. Really brought out all of his wrinkles and kind of toned down the shininess...

IMG_25766.JPG

Back