Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm probably going to go for a second proton pack to be honest. That is a campaign the Hasbro Ghostbusters team can be proud of.

Absolutely. The Proton Pack and Rancor campaigns could not be more diametrically opposed.

The Ghostbusters team has every reason to be proud and they deserve their success.

The Star Wars team - probably one person in particular, knowing their history - brought the gate down on the Rancor themselves.

086F9559-2BC0-4030-9F12-35CEC778EFA8.gif

The downside is that Hasbro probably won't try another Haslab for Black Series. I bet if they tried an X-Wing (original trilogy) instead of a Rancor, it would have funded in no-time.

The reviews are up @Took, however a batch of collectors are staying loyal to their suppliers and supporting them.

I pre-ordered Uncle Fester Fett, Ol' Billy Red-balls, and I had to throw Fennec in there too. Figure looks really nice and it'll be cool to go with the dozens of 6 inch Boba Fetts I'm sure to end up with over the next few years.

I would like to think Hasbro learned something from the Rancor failure, but unfortunately they probably think they're teaching the greedy, ungrateful fans a lesson for refusing their generosity.
I guess I can see why they extended Unicron and not this project, with all the R & D that went into that compared to the Rancor.
Maybe they'll scale down the Rancor for a future regular Vintage Collection release. :dunno

Really sorry for the folks out there who were excited for this.

It’s honestly shameful how much Hasbro absolutely dropped the ball with this campaign.

Their hubris and tone deaf contempt for collectors was excruciating at times.

The way this all went down, Hasbro needed to lose this one.

I don’t have much hope, but I hope something good will come of this and they’ll listen to collectors a bit more in the future instead of doubling down the opposite way.

Hasbro will likely double down in the same manner Lucasfilm continues to double down on the Star Wars license. This Rancor only failed because Star Wars fans are about the only fan base with the principles to say "f*** you" when these mega corporations try to shove their garbage/agendas down your throat. This Rancor campaign would have hit 20k easy if not run by buffoons. The Sequel Trilogy would have made over double the money had someone competent been running the show. But Disney re-ups Kathleen Kennedy anyway, the most incompetent exec in Hollywood history. Keep it up morons, and keep losing huge sums of fan's money while you are at it too.

Hasbro will likely double down in the same manner Lucasfilm continues to double down on the Star Wars license.
I won't be surprised if they blame the failure on White Supremacist Slavers who refused to order without a black slave woman that they could play with.

K - time to say my goodbyes to a few of you as I exit the thread . . . I'm not a "Black Series" collector so there's no point me staying subscribed to the thread.

It's been great getting to know a few new names - and thanks again to those that shared their expertise and made me smile - this was fun even though the Rancor turned in to a bit of a disaster (actually - that was probably what MADE it fun - everyone's reactions :) )

Thanks again guys - hope to see you on other threads :duff

Spike.

Looks like they are indeed putting this one on the fans for choosing not to back this "dream project," lol:

We're sorry to say the STAR WARS The Black Series Rancor HasLab project did not reach its minimum backing goal. This is what the HasLab platform is all about – bringing our fans together and allowing you to decide if these dream projects ultimately get developed. We want to thank the fans who showed their support and backed this project, and those who shared their passion throughout the campaign. We look forward to bringing you more dream concepts in the future.

I'm shocked they don't just make the Rancor with how close the final number was. Probably not enough profit to justify it at the minimum funding goal.
Hopefully Hasbro learns from this and understands there are customers for this sort of thing but they expect better for their money, especially for the extreme price they're asking.

Looks like they are indeed putting this one on the fans for choosing not to back this "dream project," lol:

We're sorry to say the STAR WARS The Black Series Rancor HasLab project did not reach its minimum backing goal. This is what the HasLab platform is all about – bringing our fans together and allowing you to decide if these dream projects ultimately get developed. We want to thank the fans who showed their support and backed this project, and those who shared their passion throughout the campaign. We look forward to bringing you more dream concepts in the future.
Truer words have never been spoken by a bunch of dim-witted, clueless, corporate ass-hats.

Why does Bib Fortuna have blue all over his face? Other than that it's a great-looking figure.

HAsbro: *offers crap - at a premium price, no less*

Fans: NOPE

Hasbro: THIS IS ALL YOUR FAULT

As long as you give us crap, expect more "passion" to be "shared," Hasbro.

Where is that headbutt emoji when you need it... ah, here it is :banghead

Back