Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They’ve sent me 6 emails in the past hour about the Rancor. “Srsly, Only hours left, this is your last chance!”

Go screw yourselves Hasbro. I remember seeing the prototype at SDCC years ago in their dungeon palace diorama and thinking “man, that would be really cool”. Clearly this has been in development for years. They’re such scam artists, they have most of this crap ready to go. The “updates” are a facade. I bet it goes into production. They couldn’t risk it not going into it otherwise.

Yep I just got this email too. Interesting disclaimer they put there, lol.

5wvgo5.jpg

The face articulation is stupid and would be a dissuading factor for me if I were collecting Black Series but maybe it'd be a good idea if they put a figure or 2 next to it for a scale comparison - maybe even show it next to the 3.75'' scale Rancor.

Because in that shot above it just doesn't look impressive at all. I'm not getting any sense of its size - it could be a Galoob action fleet for all I know.

Also, good to see you back DiFabio

Lol at jye's emoji.

We have crossed 7k with a little over 2 hours to go. I kinda hope they come up about 150 short just for the sheer entertainment value. I want to see what Hasbro would do? Although I bet they have plans in place to artificially push it across the finish line in that scenario.

Lol at jye's emoji.

We have crossed 7k with a little over 2 hours to go. I kinda hope they come up about 150 short just for the sheer entertainment value. I want to see what Hasbro would do? Although I bet they have plans in place to artificially push it across the finish line in that scenario.
Yeah I doubt they would ever allow this to publicly fail.

. . . We have crossed 7k with a little over 2 hours to go. I kinda hope they come up about 150 short just for the sheer entertainment value. I want to see what Hasbro would do? Although I bet they have plans in place to artificially push it across the finish line in that scenario.

I think the "artificial pushing" may have been going on all day :)

Last time I was watching it was jumping 100s every 20 seconds, then dropping in increments of 10, only to shoot back up.

Definitely wouldn’t surprise me if they were artificially inflating and adjusting it.

I still think they'll never top the original 80s Rancor toy. The moving jaw feature that worked from the hidden lever on the back? So awesome. I knew the guy that originally sculpted it for Kenner back in the day. He sold the original wax sculpture around 1999 or so to make a car payment and was criminally underpaid for what's gotta be a priceless artifact. I felt so bad for the guy.

I got the first POTF2 Rancor in the late 90s. What a piece of garbage. Couldn't stand up. Made of that squishy Jurassic Park dinosaur material. I hated it. I was so disappointed. I gave it away not long after getting it.

Last time I was watching it was jumping 100s every 20 seconds, then dropping in increments of 10, only to shoot back up.

Definitely wouldn’t surprise me if they were artificially inflating and adjusting it.
Definitely seems like Hasbro are cooking the books on this one. This thing's barely moved in weeks except backwards, and now we have potentially 2k+ backers coming out of the woodwork in the last two hours? I don't buy it.

Back