Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would bet Haslab is gonna extend the deadline, but I'm confused about how that affects the inclusion of the Rancor Keeper. It says that he's only included if there are 9000 backers by the 6th (which I don't see happening). If that's correct, then it's extremely stupid on Hasbro's part, because even if this gets an extension it will just be dead in the water and lose backers again.

"This final additional figure can ONLY be added if we hit our target threshold of 9K backers before the campaign deadline (December 6, 2021)."

Last edited:
As of right now...

Screenshot 2021-12-03 115317.png

Lets see when the 6th rolls around. Either is still alive or dead.

^That’s what killed this thing for me before it even started. I couldn’t care less about the tier unlocks. The rancor itself actually looks great except they ruined it by articulating the FACE (wtf hasbro?) instead of the head. And then they went and used rubbery parts (something they’ve also been doing on a lot of regular figures that I’m not a fan of).

ok, now counter is going up quickly. Will it be enough to get to 9000?
Perhaps if the orders from Zavvi and other global partners are not counted yet...

Ends tonight here in the US and still needs a really big push at the end to cross the finish line. I wonder if Hasbro will let it fail it comes up like 800 short?

Crazy to think that TVC haslabs only needed 5-6k backers and rancor needs 9k. It really is ridiculous and destined to fail when everything is considered: subpar aesthetic, inflated perceived value, lackluster presentation, poor management, taking collectors for granted etc.

It’s very telling when someone who doesn’t even work for the current team has to provide communication:
97D16C1C-850F-483E-B6AE-C3E90684B6B8.jpeg

The Hasbro Star Wars brand is a dumpster fire and they let it get that way. If this fails, I don't feel sorry for them, their designers or the fans.

For $350, I'd buy a Rancor, Rancor Keeper, an all new Jedi Luke and carded versions of Gamorrean Guard and Salacious Crumb (weird choice, he belongs with Jabba, but whatever) that I already have. I don't really care about Oola or Slave Leia and wouldn't expect them in a set like this, but the others save for Crumb? They should have been featured in the beginning. At this point, this hobby relies on nostalgia. Everything that is featured on that 1983 vintage Rancor box should be redone in this new scale for 2023.

These crowd funding campaign schemes that billion dollar corporations think up are complete scams. It takes the risk out of business and puts it on the customer's shoulders. That's not right. People should know what they're getting for their money. Hasbro isn't some small DIY company that need funding to get products made, they're quite the opposite. What they ask from the consumer now is just insulting and ridiculous. The tier campaign is just laughable and it surprises me people still try to buy into it. Drop the tiers, drop the game playing and be up front with people about what they're buying. Really? Bones and a cheap backdrop are a tier that needs to be earned? GTFO with that. I'm honestly surprised they even have 1000 people willing to plop down that kind of money, let alone 9000.

This new trend of showing off digital prototypes is also getting out of hand. I see it everywhere now. Show me SAMPLES of what I'm buying, not what amounts to cartoony concept drawings. Could you imagine these toy companies going out to Toy Fair in the 90s and 2000s with DRAWINGS, expecting retail to buy them? What's worse is, they actually do have these things tooled up. CLEARLY these greedy bastards have been working on the Rancor monster for years now and want to sell it to people. It's been obvious since the beginning. To come out with images of grey, "digital sculpts" first when they clearly had a hardcopy test prototype is just insane to me and doomed this project from the get go. They try and act like these things aren't in development with actual time and money put into them when they clearly are. They pulled that tooled, articulated, painted prototype out of their ass REAL quick when people weren't showing interest. So you just know that a partially assembled Luke and Keeper are sitting on someone's desk somewhere in the office. Show people what they're getting, they want product, not pictures, not tiers. They want toys.

Rancor and Rancor Keeper would do poorly at retail, no doubt about that. But they don't need a group funding campaign to make the two of them and sell them to an audience that would actually buy them i.e. people like us. I love how open they are about Luke and the Keeper coming out later single carded too. These new guys make awful salesmen. History has shown that figures like Rancor Keeper, Yarna, etc. peg warm and don't sell so if they put him out at retail again thinking they're going to profit, they're idiots. They could have made this project something special if they weren't greedy and dropped the tier ********. Show that fully developed Rancor beast with special carded versions of the Keeper, Luke (with the bone and skull), Guard and Crumb right out of the gate and people would have eaten this up. Keep the Keeper exclusive to the set and you'd have OCD nutjobs buying multiple sets JUST to keep the shirtless fatman carded, loose and sell. Otherwise, he should never see the light of day. Throwing up a google picture of him on instagram, again, takes all the risk off their shoulders and puts that risk of subpar product directly on the consumer's shoulders. That's wrong, especially without proper refunds. They can shove their disclaimers up their ass.

On a side note, I love how these toy companies keep boasting how they're using SOFT, RUBBERY, PIECES for their toys when history has shown time and time again that these items rot, leak, and break down. Yeah, way to advertise a quality $350 product you out of touch morons.

Last edited:
To be fair on the soft material front, it all depends on what is used. I still have dinosaurs from the original '93 Jurassic Park line in as good of shape as they were nearly 30 years ago. Why Hot Toys can produce figures that decompose upon removal from the box when "cheap" toy makers can put out products that last is still surprising.

I was originally really excited about owning a huge Rancor figure with tons of articulation (except for the stupid head gap). Now after seeing how piss-poorly this whole project was handled, I want nothing more than to see it flop tonight and hopefully teach the moronic ass clowns at Hasbro a lesson.

Last edited:
Apparently it's pretty common for these to get thousands of backers on the last day (Victory Saber got an extra 7,000 on its final day) so I'm guessing that both the Rancor and the Skystriker will reach their targets today and tomorrow. Hitting all the tiers will be another matter though.

Not sure what time of day the big jump normally occurs but just refreshing these several times the numbers are constantly increasing from moment to moment:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections...3QwKTVx73m5yqNH1NAbbchTw-x6QwoyhoCq_EQAvD_BwE

Last edited:
The Hasbro Star Wars brand is a dumpster fire and they let it get that way. If this fails, I don't feel sorry for them, their designers or the fans.

For $350, I'd buy a Rancor, Rancor Keeper, an all new Jedi Luke and carded versions of Gamorrean Guard and Salacious Crumb (weird choice, he belongs with Jabba, but whatever) that I already have. I don't really care about Oola or Slave Leia and wouldn't expect them in a set like this, but the others save for Crumb? They should have been featured in the beginning. At this point, this hobby relies on nostalgia. Everything that is featured on that 1983 vintage Rancor box should be redone in this new scale for 2023.

These crowd funding campaign schemes that billion dollar corporations think up are complete scams. It takes the risk out of business and puts it on the customer's shoulders. That's not right. People should know what they're getting for their money. Hasbro isn't some small DIY company that need funding to get products made, they're quite the opposite. What they ask from the consumer now is just insulting and ridiculous. The tier campaign is just laughable and it surprises me people still try to buy into it. Drop the tiers, drop the game playing and be up front with people about what they're buying. Really? Bones and a cheap backdrop are a tier that needs to be earned? GTFO with that. I'm honestly surprised they even have 1000 people willing to plop down that kind of money, let alone 9000.

This new trend of showing off digital prototypes is also getting out of hand. I see it everywhere now. Show me SAMPLES of what I'm buying, not what amounts to cartoony concept drawings. Could you imagine these toy companies going out to Toy Fair in the 90s and 2000s with DRAWINGS, expecting retail to buy them? What's worse is, they actually do have these things tooled up. CLEARLY these greedy bastards have been working on the Rancor monster for years now and want to sell it to people. It's been obvious since the beginning. To come out with images of grey, "digital sculpts" first when they clearly had a hardcopy test prototype is just insane to me and doomed this project from the get go. They try and act like these things aren't in development with actual time and money put into them when they clearly are. They pulled that tooled, articulated, painted prototype out of their ass REAL quick when people weren't showing interest. So you just know that a partially assembled Luke and Keeper are sitting on someone's desk somewhere in the office. Show people what they're getting, they want product, not pictures, not tiers. They want toys.

Rancor and Rancor Keeper would do poorly at retail, no doubt about that. But they don't need a group funding campaign to make the two of them and sell them to an audience that would actually buy them i.e. people like us. I love how open they are about Luke and the Keeper coming out later single carded too. These new guys make awful salesmen. History has shown that figures like Rancor Keeper, Yarna, etc. peg warm and don't sell so if they put him out at retail again thinking they're going to profit, they're idiots. They could have made this project something special if they weren't greedy and dropped the tier ********. Show that fully developed Rancor beast with special carded versions of the Keeper, Luke (with the bone and skull), Guard and Crumb right out of the gate and people would have eaten this up. Keep the Keeper exclusive to the set and you'd have OCD nutjobs buying multiple sets JUST to keep the shirtless fatman carded, loose and sell. Otherwise, he should never see the light of day. Throwing up a google picture of him on instagram, again, takes all the risk off their shoulders and puts that risk of subpar product directly on the consumer's shoulders. That's wrong, especially without proper refunds. They can shove their disclaimers up their ass.

On a side note, I love how these toy companies keep boasting how they're using SOFT, RUBBERY, PIECES for their toys when history has shown time and time again that these items rot, leak, and break down. Yeah, way to advertise a quality $350 product you out of touch morons.
Kenner sold my parents a promise in 1977 lol

After I was caught sneaking a peek at my dad’s hustlers my parents started worrying about me playing with Leia.

They should’ve worried about Luke instead lol

Kenner sold my parents a promise in 1977 lol

After I was caught sneaking a peek at my dad’s hustlers my parents started worrying about me playing with Leia.

They should’ve worried about Luke instead lol
Oh wow the entire promise of SW toys was sold on artwork printed on cheap cardboard wasn't it so I guess a digital render with a cardboard backdrop as a tier unlock is quite the throwback isn't it, lol.

Apparently it's pretty common for these to get thousands of backers on the last day (Victory Saber got an extra 7,000 on its final day) so I'm guessing that both the Rancor and the Skystriker will reach their targets today and tomorrow. Hitting all the tiers will be another matter though.

Not sure what time of day the big jump normally occurs but just refreshing these several times the numbers are constantly increasing from moment to moment:

https://hasbropulse.com/collections...3QwKTVx73m5yqNH1NAbbchTw-x6QwoyhoCq_EQAvD_BwE

True, but with 11 hours to go it better get moving soon. Some of the hard core fans who would normally have bought multiples have abandoned this project in a form of protest. I also wonder if the people who regularly buy 5 or so of these kickstarters to resell view these as having much potential for profit? I don't think the Black Series Rancor will do as well on the secondary market as the TVC vehicles.

Back