Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
True, but with 11 hours to go it better get moving soon. Some of the hard core fans who would normally have bought multiples have abandoned this project in a form of protest. I also wonder if the people who regularly buy 5 or so of these kickstarters to resell view these as having much potential for profit? I don't think the Black Series Rancor will do as well on the secondary market as the TVC vehicles.
Yeah I certainly can't say and since I have no horse in the Rancor race (6 inch just isn't a scale I collect with SW) I'm just having fun watching from the sidelines.

I do plan on backing the Skystriker though because I want in on the ground floor of the O-ring Joe relaunch. The slick thing with the Skystriker compared to the Rancor is that all the extra decals (even before they announced the Cobra ones) really promote buying multiples. Hell I'd love to have more than one of those bare handed cartoon Cobra Troopers but I'll probably be stuck leaving mine on the card, lol.

The early bird kit in the 70s had a commercial showing the toys kids were getting. They had physical, tangible representations of Luke, Leia, Chewbacca and R2 right from the beginning. The brand was also a baby and wasn't carrying 44 years of toy making experience under it's belt.

Kenner held themselves accountable and had a phone number on every box encouraging their customers to contact them. Try and email or call Hasbro about a quality control complaint and see how they handle it.

They also had product on the shelves . . .

Also . . .

Oh wow the entire promise of SW toys was sold on artwork printed on cheap cardboard wasn't it so I guess a digital render with a cardboard backdrop as a tier unlock is quite the throwback isn't it, lol.
:lol :lol

The Rancor project it’s just a cover for DiFabio to come out of retirement for the return of Tobey lol

Now at 5930 - it's all a bit suspicious to me - why do all these "customers" suddenly come out of the woodwork :lol

Supposedly it's mostly due to online retailers that do bulk preorders on the last day. At least that seems to be the explanation for all the previous last minute Haslab spikes.

Still needs 4k backers in 9 hours which seems out of reach.
This guy who was the brand manager during Mattel's crowdfunded MOTU projects (like the big Classics Grayskull) says that if a project is at at least 50% backers going into the final day then typically it'll fund. Now I'm not saying that the Rancor will or won't but again it's just interesting to be monitoring the progress.

Last edited:
The early bird kit in the 70s had a commercial showing the toys kids were getting. They had physical, tangible representations of Luke, Leia, Chewbacca and R2 right from the beginning. The brand was also a baby and wasn't carrying 44 years of toy making experience under it's belt.

Kenner held themselves accountable and had a phone number on every box encouraging their customers to contact them. Try and email or call Hasbro about a quality control complaint and see how they handle it.

They also had product on the shelves . . .

Also . . .
When I contacted Hasbro about my warped Xwing cannons and scratched up cockpit window they hung up on me and sent me a RO tank lol

Supposedly it's mostly due to online retailers that do bulk preorders on the last day. At least that seems to be the explanation for all the previous last minute Haslab spikes.

That makes sense.

As I've said before - you can never have enough spikes (some may disagree)
09_-_Bolt.gif

Sorry Femi Taylor. You are denied, disavowed and decanonized :lol
Same for Pod Racer Anakin I guess then. :cuckoo:

Disney/LFL's idiocy really has no bounds does it. Better cancel all AOTC Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan figures since they were chained in the Geonosis arena. Jyn Erso's classic outfit was also what she wore when rescued from the Imperial Labor camp, better erase that too. Same for ROTJ Han, Luke, and Chewie since the ewoks tied them up.

Last edited:
Same for Pod Racer Anakin I guess then. :cuckoo:

Disney/LFL's idiocy really has no bounds does it. Better cancel all AOTC Anakin, Padme, and Obi-Wan figures since they were chained in the Geonosis arena. Jyn Erso's classic outfit was also what she wore when rescued from the Imperial Labor camp, better erase that too. Same for ROTJ Han, Luke, and Chewie since the ewoks tied them up.

What's interesting is that Disney's agenda pushing feels stronger in Star Wars than Marvel, yet they own both, I wonder why, you'd think they'd use both platforms equally to push things.

I think it's all BS though, I grew up watching these things and I never thought, I gotta chain me some people and make them do my bidding. Movies and TV are not responsible for people's prejudices and actions.

Back