Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah - I agree with you.

Everyone will have a tipping point (for buying figures/statues AND entertainment stupidity), and it's not always a conscious decision - sometimes things just don't "feel right" so you go with your gut. We're all entitled to our opinion (well - sort of apparently :) ).

I think I'm probably out on the Rancor regardless of what they may attempt, I can't see any changes making me comfortable with this now. I just feel "iffy" about Haslab in the same way I feel I can't trust PRIME1.

I'm curious just how far south this has to go before Hasbro issues some sort of statement.
Personally I wish they would have just gone with a VC Rancor on par with the Slave-1.

Ah - gotcha - smaller scale. Is the detailing the same on those or are they more "Kenner" style?

The 1:12 scale on this was one of the things I liked - would have matched my NECA Predators (I know - a sacrilegious mash-up :) ).

I'm not usually a figure collector but I make exceptions sometimes, so I'm not as knowledgeable as many around here. I do know the Slave-1 kicks major ass though. Here's some pics of mine.

20200724_150333.jpg

20200724_150357.jpg

20200724_150431.jpg

20200724_150456.jpg

20200724_150644.jpg

20200724_150933.jpg

Last edited:
God that Bib Fortuna is sublime!!
There are members on various Black Series threads that this version of Matthew Wood is missing the staff that he held before getting shot by Temuera Morrison on the Book of Boba Fett trailer.

Going to wait when these surface on Pulse or get them from my local hobby suppliers up here in YVR (I'm two hours drive West of the Flooded Lower Mainland as of right now).

There are members on various Black Series threads that this version of Matthew Wood is missing the staff that he held before getting shot by Temuera Morrison on the Book of Boba Fett trailer.

well, the Bib Fortuna in the Book Of Boba-trailer was a lot fatter anyway, so complaining about a staff is a bit pointless when the figure itself also doesn't look like the version with the staff.

Thats exactly who it is.
Not sure why anyone would think it was the Mando Bib?
If they do a Vintage cardback version,I'd ASSUME that one would come with the Kenner Staff.
Kids these days! It's like when they hear original versions of songs and think that they're covers, or they find out that Dave Grohl used to be in some other band in the 90's.

Tiers are 😢 and they are ******. So let’s get that outta the way. That said, what’s to stop Hasbro from saying OT is out and it’s all new IP (Mandoverse) from here on out? Surely all you guys would be crowing about that too while you drag and dump on Rancor. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and you collect what you like, just seems a bit spiteful to me but to each his own🤷🏾‍♂️
I can’t see why they would have done a TVC Rancor when they’ve done it in so many different ways before. That would be just like this Luke tier. “ We’re building a new Rancor from the ground up, one you MUST have in your collections already!” Fans would have been all over that.

Back