Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The head definitely looks under sized and his looks like it got squished in the new packaging.

The head's too small on the new Stormtrooper. Surprise Surprise

WTF happened to the helmet? The TVC is better. Same with the Mando. They crammed in a clone head that was too large for the helmet. :slap

Who asked for this ****?

Head looks a little small. And a little wonky with the top not being symmetrical. And the paint apps on the mouth are pretty bad.

Yeah, after seeing a review on YouTube, its seems the helmet is sculpted too small overall. Shame, cuz the 'face' looks more accurate than the old version. Oh well. My SHF ANH Stormies will be the 'hero' versions in my display. Will just get a couple of these new ones to have laying dead at the feet of Teebo.:lol

And the stormtrooper is another Hasbro FAIL. That helmet is awful.

I've been watching these companies since 2011 and I swear it's like they do it on purpose.

***EDIT: This figure, for instance, is incredibly poorly executed.

The product that was advertised was exceptional work for the price point, with excellent work by Hasbro's hard-working 3D modelling and engineering teams, which can still be seen in the production figure's excellent articulation.

Unfortunately, the production team, factories and quality assurance teams seem to have let this product and its customers down. In this particular case they are falling short of their original mission to produce figures for a collector's market, as seen in a helmet sculpt that -- when compared to the product that was promised -- is undersized, misshapen, and sports very sub-par paint applications in the example we've seen that given the way the head is engineered and produced, is unlikely to improve without a full re-tooling.

It's mystifying that they allowed this to go to market without addressing these issues.

***Edited by the author so as not to violate the forum's Code of Conduct.***

Last edited:
bsstprocmp.jpg

I don’t like removable helmets on Stormtroopers and Clone Troopers unless it’s a character that actually takes off their helmet (Luke, Han, Commander Cody, etc.)

The removable helmets always have whacked proportions to accommodate the headsculpt underneath and are always warped. Either the character has a small pin head or the helmet is too small. I don’t like the softer material, I just don’t like them. Case in point, this figure. His head is warped from the head underneath. The nose is pressing up against the helmet and it doesn’t look wide enough because of it,

This Stormtrooper is such a disappointment. Back when this was first being rumored, it sounded awesome. An all new 6” Stormtrooper from Rogue One with green tinted eye lenses. It sounded like it shared the same digital scan as the Black Series 1:1 Stormtrooper helmet and the awesome Rogue One/Vintage Collection 3 3/4 figure. But nope, they had to ruin it.

From what I see everyone is complaining about the size and the asymmetrical top part. What I'm mostly intrigued about is actually the side profile. That's where things went horribly wrong. I only hope this is a soft plastic and I will be able to reshape it with some hot water.

SW-TBS-Stormie-4a.jpg

But more ridiculous is Vader's helmet. Where the hell they got the idea with a textured surface?

SW-TBS-Vader.jpg

Also, I'm pretty sure in the movie, the silver shade on its neck was just a reflection of the chest plate and not the actual paint. Question for the experts here: those shoulder pads were completely black on the original costume? I can't recall right now.

Forgot about the saber. The reviewer thought that the new one is nicer. Wondering what's wrong with this girl?

SW-TBS-ESB-Vader-4a.jpg

Is that the carbonized Vader what the hell did they do to the helmet lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Re: Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Some of these pics illustrate why I would usually rather have one HT figure than fifty of these.

The removable helmets for TVC Stormtrooper disguise Han and Luke turned out fine.

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

But people like DiFabio are bringing up the removable helmet as if this release has a fully painted head underneath which is clearly not the case here.

This release still remains a big mystery with what the heck Hasbro is doing here.

The helmet is not even easily removed which tells me it is not meant to be removed.

Hasbro has yet to release a statement on why they went with this very odd design which obviously is causing issues with the helmet with the initial batches.

Re: Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Some of these pics illustrate why I would usually rather have one HT figure than fifty of these.

There are definitely some rough looking figures in the 6? and 3.75? line but I think a lot of the photos in this thread show how amazing many of them look. Not bad at all for their size and price and at least you?ll be able to get a majority of the characters from any given show or movie, unlike HT.

But people like DiFabio are bringing up the removable helmet as if this release has a fully painted head underneath which is clearly not the case here.

This release still remains a big mystery with what the heck Hasbro is doing here.

The helmet is not even easily removed which tells me it is not meant to be removed.

Hasbro has yet to release a statement on why they went with this very odd design which obviously is causing issues with the helmet with the initial batches.

What happened during manufacturing is one thing, but it was clearly designed to be removed.

It's a waste. They could have packed in another weapon.

rogue-one-st.jpg

23324.jpg

FQXRVWT7IR.jpg

Still a work in progress but main coat of weathering is applied. I went pretty dirty. Decided to work off the present Hasbro weathering instead of doing a complete repaint(lazy). Still a good bit of fine detail and blending to work on and improve before I seal it. Will do some work inside the cockpit still too. Generic photos of the stock version(not mine) at the top.
ce9655c8bd4334d5260fb3027b5602e3.jpg
2b676a2510b2bbd633771cfa98310464.jpg
4d62e59a8c01ab1e02ea9bdd2c81f99d.jpg
0f44b2a94fb20c4dc992bb2df18e487c.jpg
fd7010a2d3d24c27e8fab9e7fa230cc1.jpg
170e43b21eb0c41c16bcc87bb18e9e27.jpg
e267da51aed794e6d16671918d994957.jpg
f4ef9a27780f68dd02458ef6376737c9.jpg
2494726e9a045acace901f66315d6d8c.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Very good weathering great job no longer looks like a product made by Hasbro.

That ship didn?t just see battle on Hoth it also fought in New Jersey in february .

Last edited:

Very good weathering great job.

That ship didn?t just see battle on Hoth it also fought in New Jersey in february .

Yeah it's definitely heavier weathering than I initially planned but out of the box it looks too plastic-ey to me so I just kept going. The right thing to do would be to properly tape off the appropriate areas and prime it all first. I may still do that with another one. I will for sure eventually paint one up for Wedge in orange.

Back