Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

I wish it was 10-15% more lol

06d59495bccf7476b501a63ec96401a6.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

I think he is between 1.2 - 1.5 inches

Thanks Jye, really appreciate it. Definitely going to be bigger than he should be in a 3.75? display. I doubt Hasbro will make one to scale. No good customs on eBay either. Might just get him to go with my Mando and Cara then, size be damned.

Anyone here have the Hyperreal Luke Skywalker?

bs40th.jpg

My lockdown score! I've been gathering all of these over the past couple of weeks and I absolutely love them. I've got ESB Wave 2 on pre-order so I'm just waiting on those.

The bubbles are starting to peel away quite a bit on some of the very first wave, what do people use to stick them back down? I assume superglue would make the plastic cloudy?

Use double sided cellotape mate and remember to cut off the excess before pushing it down on the card.

Hmm is that a common problem with these larger vintage style cards?

So far I've had it happen to a R5 and a Vader. None of the others. The others are good. I've had them stacked back to back, bubble to bubble horizontally though. Never hung them. It's all about weight and gravity I think. Around 2013, Hasbro really cheaped out. Remember seeing a bunch of 3 3/4 fall off their cards at Toys R Us and Walmart.

Now that I have a sizeable collection, I'm getting protective cases for my 40th figures to display them on the wall. They're coming in today. I'm all in now. Was hoping Hasbro would lose the license so they couldn't venture into Return of the Jedi. :lol

So far I've had it happen to a R5 and a Vader. None of the others. The others are good. I've had them stacked back to back, bubble to bubble horizontally though. Never hung them. It's all about weight and gravity I think. Around 2013, Hasbro really cheaped out. Remember seeing a bunch of 3 3/4 fall off their cards at Toys R Us and Walmart.

Now that I have a sizeable collection, I'm getting protective cases for my 40th figures to display them on the wall. They're coming in today. I'm all in now. Was hoping Hasbro would lose the license so they couldn't venture into Return of the Jedi. :lol

Can you post pics of them in the cases when you get them? I'd like to see how well the bubbles are supported. Lol, I'll was all set to "move along" but now it's being reported that Walmart has a UPC code for Fett on a 40th ESB Card coming up in Wave 3 so I might be jumping into this line after all.

Yeah sure, I'll open them up tonight after work and take pics over the weekend.

And yup, Fett is in Wave 3 along with Snowtrooper, Chewbacca, and . . . . another Luke and Vader!

I assume it'll be this Fett,

71Hrw7rg7DL._AC_SX425_.jpg

On a ESB card. Which, again, is boring as ****.

Yeah sure, I'll open them up tonight after work and take pics over the weekend.

Awesome! :rock

And yup, Fett is in Wave 3 along with Snowtrooper, Chewbacca, and . . . . another Luke and Vader!

I assume it'll be this Fett,

View attachment 484649

On a ESB card. Which, again, is boring as ****.

Is that this one? If so he looks badass.

Boba-Fett-Archive_Big_1.jpg
Boba-Fett-Archive_Big_3.jpg

https://www.jedibusiness.com/figureDetails.aspx?id=18318&img=1

Obviously I'd prefer the Kenner one but I'd take the straight ESB version if he looks that awesome. I'm still waiting for a modern 3.75 inch Fett with good proportions like the one above and a non-bendy range finder.

Last edited:
Yeah, I hate the helmet on the one they keep putting out at 3.75''. The 300th figure Boba looks about right to me but it'd be nice to get a fully articulated figure with the correct proportions.

Still staying away from 6'' myself but admittedly some of them do look very very nice.

Is that this one? If so he looks badass.

Obviously I'd prefer the Kenner one but I'd take the straight ESB version if he looks that awesome. I'm still waiting for a modern 3.75 inch Fett with good proportions like the one above and a non-bendy range finder.

It's that one. Yeah, it was awesome, in 2013. This line has been around for 7 years and it's still just that Boba Fett buck. Regular orange release, SDCC 2013 release, white Prototype Armor, Archive edition, SDCC 2019, Carbonized.

Yeah, I hate the helmet on the one they keep putting out at 3.75''. The 300th figure Boba looks about right to me but it'd be nice to get a fully articulated figure with the correct proportions.

Still staying away from 6'' myself but admittedly some of them do look very very nice.

Do you have the recent TVC Pilot Luke? I believe he's scaled down from the 6" figure. That Pilot Luke is the best 3 3/4 Luke, hands down. His headsculpt is great too.

All of these figures are digital sculpts now. They could easily take the files of these black series figures and scale them down. The BEST 3 3/4 Boba in my opinion is this one from the Force Link 2 pack.

81cw47gEJhL._AC_SX425_.jpg

I got a couple of him on clearance for 4 bucks. Threw Han Solo and the flamethrower gimmick away. :lol

He has 5 points, but I don't really care about articulation, just great sculpts. If I had been running the show at Hasbro, I'd have introduced a revamped Vintage Collection line in the spirit of the vintage line. 3 3/4, from Ackbar to Zuckuss on the vintage cards. They'd all be like that Boba Fett. Perfect sculpt/proportions and superior paint apps. Basically the vintage line re-imagined. They'd be cheaper to produce too with the limited articulation. There would also be some cohesion, something Hasbro has lacked with their line for years.

Also A-dev. I'm gonna tell you again. You should grab a couple of the 6" ones. You don't have to get them all. Get a Boba and ANH Vader, or your favorite characters. They're really cool.

It's that one. Yeah, it was awesome, in 2013. This line has been around for 7 years and it's still just that Boba Fett buck. Regular orange release, SDCC 2013 release, white Prototype Armor, Archive edition, SDCC 2019, Carbonized.

Do you have the recent TVC Pilot Luke? I believe he's scaled down from the 6" figure. That Pilot Luke is the best 3 3/4 Luke, hands down. His headsculpt is great too.

All of these figures are digital sculpts now. They could easily take the files of these black series figures and scale them down. The BEST 3 3/4 Boba in my opinion is this one from the Force Link 2 pack.

View attachment 484657

I got a couple of him on clearance for 4 bucks. Threw Han Solo and the flamethrower gimmick away. :lol

He has 5 points, but I don't really care about articulation, just great sculpts. If I had been running the show at Hasbro, I'd have introduced a revamped Vintage Collection line in the spirit of the vintage line. 3 3/4, from Ackbar to Zuckuss on the vintage cards. They'd all be like that Boba Fett. Perfect sculpt/proportions and superior paint apps. Basically the vintage line re-imagined. They'd be cheaper to produce too with the limited articulation. There would also be some cohesion, something Hasbro has lacked with their line for years.

Also A-dev. I'm gonna tell you again. You should grab a couple of the 6" ones. You don't have to get them all. Get a Boba and ANH Vader, or your favorite characters. They're really cool.

Hasbro actually answered a question about scaling figures down to 3.75 from 6 inch (and vice versa). It's not as straight forward as you think. When scaling down for example, changes have to be made to the joints (different joint styles for starters) to make them less delicate. And other details that would just get lost in how tiny they might be are enlarged or emphasized so they're still noticeable. Taking the 6 inch version of a figure works as a good start, but it needs to be re-worked to work.

His tiny stature makes him cuter lol

Had Hasbro not been their usual lazy selves and added a second pair of arms pre sculpted holding the soup bowl and added just another 10% more detail to his facial expression he would?ve been a must own even at his below scale size.

They should have because he is a stand-alone release shame on them.

As is he is a cute addition to the shelf but nothing more.

They could have given us this they are like 50% there I would have melted lol

Makes the fam complete IMO, except for needing Kuiil and a few blurrgs. Baby is a must.

hasbro_mando.jpg

hasbro_mando2.jpg

Hope they make a few more versions. But for the scale IMO like this TINY Child a lot.
Was a long wait he was ordered back in December.

Got my bb yoder in the mail today.

A) pictures don't do it justice. He genuinely looks better than photos make him. There's a good amount of paint on the head. If I the nails were painted and the robe had two brown tones he'd be perfect.

B) I'll eat crow, $10 was fair when I consider manufacturing, distribution, and Disney tax.

C) he is smol. Like think how tiny you expect him to be and then cut that by 25%.

View attachment 484657

That 5 POA Fett (and the Han for that matter) seem like good sculpts, at least in that pic - but they look awkward with such straight arms - they literally can't look good doing anything but standing there, arms by their sides (which in itself isn't a pose we humans take very often when you think about it). Might aswell have no articulation at all. And I'm by no means one of those ''then go buy a statue'' guys. There's a happy medium though and those 5 POA figures never hit the sweet spot.

I have the X-wing Luke from the Luke 3-pack they did. Pretty good figure, really should be the final word on pilot Luke at 3.75''. Pity they refuse to make a decent Farmboy version.

My very first Black Series figure, or any 6" Star Wars figure really.

The Second Sister from Jedi:Fallen Order. The quality is higher than I expected for the price.

2020-05-08 23.26.44 resized.jpg

2020-05-08 23.48.19 resized.jpg

Congrats Zinister! Now sit back and watch yourself slowly slide down this rabbit hole :rotfl

On a side note, what kind of stand are you using in the first pic and where can I get one?

Hmm is that a common problem with these larger vintage style cards?

It happened to my Kenobi. He has been bubble wrapped in a flat container with some other figures for like a year plus. Just happening on the upper right corner. No idea why. All the others are fine though.

Can you post pics of them in the cases when you get them? I'd like to see how well the bubbles are supported. Lol, I'll was all set to "move along" but now it's being reported that Walmart has a UPC code for Fett on a 40th ESB Card coming up in Wave 3 so I might be jumping into this line after all.

Yeah, in the midst of selling off my my black series collection, I’m being tempted to jump back in with the 40th stuff :lol First the imperial droid, then Luke/Yoda/R2 Dagobah, I keep eyeing that Snowspeeder...

I know what I must do. I don’t know if I’m strong enough to do it. :lol

I was hoping they would lose the license to get a better 3.75” line. I think any hopes of that is pretty much dead now. Feels like Disney/Hasbro will be a thing for a long long time. With the renewal, I do wonder if the Black Series will ever catch up to Marvel Legends in terms of quantity now that Hasbro knows they have a secured license.

Back