Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Not even a competition the Disney diecast version destroys the plastic Hasbro version.

I am in awe that Disney sold this for UNDER $30
Is bigger!

Is much heavier!

Was going to pull the trigger on Amazon for the BS, which is $30, before I saw this. shopDisney had the diecast for $27 before it sold out, now I can't find it online. Figures...

Checked yesterday, sold out at the disney store. There are some going for $80 on ebay right now but I got lucky and found one reasonably priced.

$58 after tax and shipping. Could've been worse.

Consensus seems to be these blow the BS one out of the water and it's die cast metal so I'm not so bummed about the price hike.

I have BS one on the way from gamestop so I'll just return that one.

All things considering with this crazy addictive hobby you are right $58 after tax and shipping is not bad just a shame you didn’t get it at $27.

If you are a SW diehard like most of us are on here then yeah it’s worth it lol

I’m keeping the all plastic Hasbro to fill out the background.

The Hasbro feels like a feather when compared to the Disney don’t drop on your foot it will break bone!

Enjoy:

Look how much thicker (and shorter) the pole is on the Disney believe me it is definitely needed!

7D13280B-D057-4537-A128-3AA09FEAE2BF.jpg
D0624FF8-C1E1-4A34-9F5A-2265CD99AEFB.jpg
422F28A0-3C7E-400B-BF93-71E6AA6553FC.jpg

Was going to pull the trigger on Amazon for the BS, which is $30, before I saw this. shopDisney had the diecast for $27 before it sold out, now I can't find it online. Figures...

Game Stop raised their price to $35, but if you wait, they usually drop it to 28 on Fri/Sat, and combined with another BS fig in stock, you'll get free shipping.

Does it look softer in details than Hasbro?

Just remember that neither of the two are fully screen accurate in details and shape and that both have their strengths in that department but also lack things that the other might got right.

But as far as fine detail overall goes I have to easily give it to the Disney.

Look at the same eye housings:

Disney:

6c8ce3bead2aaac8f5985fc8b8aefbb8.jpg

Hasbro:

f2b2937e7fbec47fee1b6d9e3b7a3975.jpg

Disney:

8a9b6709e10fc1315de1314d497902b3.jpg

Hasbro:

682e2019fec7846ae4e56945b5a3c47e.jpg

Both:

d6ae70ffd0719a98d0fc830d984af4a9.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

One annoying aspect of the Hasbro probe droid is because it?s so light weight and sitting on that long thin pole just by walking near the shelf it keeps swaying really fast back-and-forth where as the Disney doesn?t even flinch lol.

So I guess the people who bought this just to sell it on ebay weren't so crazy after all... :lol Glad I didn't give up trying to get one on Monday after like 5 hours.

But they were available till I believe at least Wednesday. So it did last for a couple days. I kept checking as i was curious how long it would last since the price seemed to be a steal for what they were giving us. In Japan it was available earlier than here, and there they were selling it for $45 retail.

So I guess the people who bought this just to sell it on ebay weren't so crazy after all... :lol Glad I didn't give up trying to get one on Monday after like 5 hours.

But they were available till I believe at least Wednesday. So it did last for a couple days. I kept checking as i was curious how long it would last since the price seemed to be a steal for what they were giving us. In Japan it was available earlier than here, and there they were selling it for $45 retail.

Sure it would have been less stressful had we waited until the evening hours of 5/4 or 5/5 morning to buy but I didn?t want to take the chance better to hustle and be safe than sorry lol

Sure it would have been less stressful had we waited until the evening hours of 5/4 or 5/5 morning to buy but I didn?t want to take the chance better to hustle and be safe than sorry lol

Not like I had anything better to do on Monday than sit in front of my laptop for hours. Pretty much the norm now.

Other than also yelling at my kids every day to do their damn schoolwork and stop fooling around... :rotfl

Not like I had anything better to do on Monday than sit in front of my laptop for hours. Pretty much the norm now.

Other than also yelling at my kids every day to do their damn schoolwork and stop fooling around... :rotfl

Holy crap I so can relate with the homework part lol

Got the probe droid on Friday and am pretty happy with it. I had the Hasbro BS in my Amazon cart ever since it was up for sale but never pulled the trigger. Came pretty close a couple of times, too. But when this one came up, die cast and only $27, I jumped on it instead.

I can't compare it with the Hasbro one, but I think it looks great for its scale. Decent details, good overall shape and accuracy, nice articulation in the arms. It's got some half-assed paint spots here and there, but overall it has a good look. Really heavy too! And top heavy.

One thing I have to complain about: The F@#%* packaging! I had to pretty much destroy the packaging in order to get the damn thing out! Tape everywhere, and 2 major twist ties that were tied with what appeared to be the most complex nautical knots! Not collector-friendly at all! And yes, those antenna were very difficult to put in.

Got the probe droid on Friday and am pretty happy with it. I had the Hasbro BS in my Amazon cart ever since it was up for sale but never pulled the trigger. Came pretty close a couple of times, too. But when this one came up, die cast and only $27, I jumped on it instead.

I can't compare it with the Hasbro one, but I think it looks great for its scale. Decent details, good overall shape and accuracy, nice articulation in the arms. It's got some half-assed paint spots here and there, but overall it has a good look. Really heavy too! And top heavy.

One thing I have to complain about: The F@#%* packaging! I had to pretty much destroy the packaging in order to get the damn thing out! Tape everywhere, and 2 major twist ties that were tied with what appeared to be the most complex nautical knots! Not collector-friendly at all! And yes, those antenna were very difficult to put in.

Yeah the 2 twist ties were tight but the tape didn?t bother me so much.

You want to see super frustrating collectible packaging you should have seen the MK Spawn!

It used those elastic strings with T caps but wrapped around the figure so tight you could not get your fingers to pull on them so that you could use a cutting device.

One had to pull really hard which only served to scratch the paint.

There were like 6 of them.

It was brutal lol

I would gladly take the probe droid packaging over that MK Spawn.

Yeah the 2 twist ties were tight but the tape didn?t bother me so much.

You want to see super frustrating collectible packaging you should have seen the MK Spawn!

It used those elastic strings with T caps but wrapped around the figure so tight you could not get your fingers to pull on them so that you could use a cutting device.

One had to pull really hard which only served to scratch the paint.

There were like 6 of them.

It was brutal lol

I would gladly take the probe droid packaging over that MK Spawn.

Geez! I can't even imagine! LOL! Although I am familiar with those elastics and T caps things and know they're a PITA too!

Back