Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

That was painful to watch that dude on the right is your typical corporate tool bag lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, that was a super-cringe video for sure.:lol

The boring suit from the boardroom and the boring dude from the 3D modelling computer room are supposed to get you excited about the product.

Here is the rumor list that has been making the rounds this afternoon

87460415_10158009272627236_6496753065926852608_o.jpg

Funny that they talk so much about the box yet never put the Dak figure in the cockpit.:dunno:lol

The detailing looks incredible.:yess:

And hard to say for sure but I almost would have said it's a smidge oversized, not undersized (though it's hard to get good person-beside-vehicle ref pics of the snowspeeder.) Ironically, the 1980 Kenner vehicle was slightly oversized too.

The snowspeeder was a smaller vehicle - and a snugger fit around the pilot - than we remember it.

The old Kenner one was about 1/22.
This one has been stated to be about twice the size of the old one.
So it might be actually close to 1/12.
the main problem here is that the “scale” for this craft is based, not off the full size mockup(Which is slightly undersized), but from the original studio scale models which had slightly smaller figures in them relative to their overall size.
so this one has been scaled based on detailed observations of the actual studio models. So we might be in for a pleasant surprise.

The old Kenner one was about 1/22.
This one has been stated to be about twice the size of the old one.
So it might be actually close to 1/12.
the main problem here is that the “scale” for this craft is based, not off the full size mockup(Which is slightly undersized), but from the original studio scale models which had slightly smaller figures in them relative to their overall size.
so this one has been scaled based on detailed observations of the actual studio models. So we might be in for a pleasant surprise.

Yeah, it's true - there were quite a few discrepancies between models and full size in SW - the speeder bike is another one, like the snowspeeder, where the full size prop is smaller in relation to a human figure than the model is. And you see both onscreen.

Even the model and full size Tauntauns are quite different - with the model's head much smaller in relation to the body vs the full size. And yet both versions in all cases are iconic, so I guess companies can choose which one and both are okay.

That being said, I think the full size snowspeeder is the preferred version because you only really get a glimpse of the pilots inside the cockpits of the models whereas there's quite a bit of Luke/snowspeeder interaction in full-size (crash site, intro to Dak, lots of interior pilot shots in full size cockpit etc)

The Kenner one was too big and the newer (TVC) Snowspeeder rectified that (seen below at right.) Will be interested to see the group shot with the BS6 version.

TVC-1573.jpg

Those figures are all probably coming, but I doubt they would release them all in the same wave like that? Apart from the anniversary waves and new movies, it seems like Hasbro likes to mix and match eras and themes in their waves. Unless they are switching over to be more like Marvel Legends.

I pray that Rogue One stormie is an all new sculpt or a blow-up version from the 3.75." I know I'm hellbent with the 6" Stormie, but it sucks and Hasbro has gotten a lot of mileage out of the sculpt.

On a more positive note:

the 6" Snowspeeder looks AWESOME as does the 6" Snowspeeder outfit Luke. When Hasbro knocks it out of the park, they really do. The Hoth Rebel looks amazing too.

the 6" Snowspeeder looks AWESOME as does the 6" Snowspeeder outfit Luke. When Hasbro knocks it out of the park, they really do. The Hoth Rebel looks amazing too.

They sure do. Makes me even more sad about the state of the Rogue One figures. We desperately need a new Jyn and Cassian.

I’m seriously wondering what these rogue one stormys are gonna look like, or are they jus gonna be reboxed old ones......

What's the go with the archive figures? I was pretty underwhelmed with the 40th anniversary ESB line up (not sure if they're going off the Kenner releases) as I would have thought there'd be a 40th carded Fett and hoped for some more bounty hunters.

I've noticed Fett is hard to find even in the archive version now, what is the likelihood of classic carded bounty hunters coming sometime soon?

I thought I saw Fett being rumored for the third ESB 40th wave, along with Darth Vader and others according to Yakface.

I never got the SDCC versin, which was a bummer. Love them to do a re-release. Just don't use the shiny card back.

The 40th Anniversary re-releases have prompted a mini-battle within me. On the one hand, I want a vintage carded tie pilot and at-at driver, as the cards are so iconic. But, neither figure is good. The At-at Driver is ok, but has 'sad face' and the tie pilot figure looks highly inaccurate in almost every way. So, damn.

Back