Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Breach and Clear

Z4kQEts.jpg

Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Are these figures good? I was thinking of getting that new palpatine since figuarts won’t release him.

I picked up the Gamestop Exclusive Jump Trooper recently, I went in for Marvel Legends and surprised to find one, totally forgot these came out.
Great trooper, interesting paint design, though I hate the ankle/feet articulation.

Gotta love that his shoulders are for crap articulation wise. Otherwise an awesome design.

I picked up the Gamestop Exclusive Jump Trooper recently, I went in for Marvel Legends and surprised to find one, totally forgot these came out.
Great trooper, interesting paint design, though I hate the ankle/feet articulation.
I accidentally snapped my foot off on my brand new jump trooper. I was so annoyed. Had to do surgery and swap it with an old BS stormtrooper I had laying around.

I accidentally snapped my foot off on my brand new jump trooper. I was so annoyed. Had to do surgery and swap it with an old BS stormtrooper I had laying around.

That's frustrating.
I'd try to get a replacement from Gamestop, or Hasbro. With the way the ankle articulation is designed I can see these breaking easily, it's the same ankle design since the line began, they should've redesigned these by now.

That's frustrating.
I'd try to get a replacement from Gamestop, or Hasbro. With the way the ankle articulation is designed I can see these breaking easily, it's the same ankle design since the line began, they should've redesigned these by now.

You’re right, I should. I’m bad about that kind of stuff. He’s fine now with the replacement leg I had on hand. But I was going to buy another. Now I’m not. I guess that’s my passive aggressive way of dealing with it, lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've been having a blast collecting this series recently. Initially, I purchased Darth Maul & Luke X-Wing when they were first released. After that, seeing nearly all of the human character's sculpts generally sucked and barely resemble any of the actors and poor paint applications, I stopped getting any more.

Recently, however, I've noticed a huge improvement in likeness (thanks to Photo Real) I decided to jump in. I'm strictly limiting myself to my favorite film only, The Empire Strikes Back.

So far, I've purchased:

Han (Bespin)
Leia (Bespin)
General Veers
Boba Fett
Lando (Bespin) ... bought this figure off of eBay and didn't realize at the time, the seller took the superior Skiff Lando's head and put it on the Cloud City body!
Chewbacca
C-3PO
Darth Vader
Spirit Obi-Wan

I still want to add Hoth Leia, Hoth Han, and Captain Piett.

I think all the figures I listed above use the Photo Real technology, right? They all look phenomenal.

I just started collecting this line too, after seeing some of the Photo Real figures on display at a friend’s house. They are great! I haven’t had a chance to open any yet, waiting to set up display space.

I am going to try to stick to the OT, in particular any characters that were in the original Kenner lineup.

My friend pointed out that in 1/12 scale, they match the scale figures were for me as a kid. I think that is why they are so successful in striking the nostalgia chord.

Back