Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Going somewhere Solo?

Uvgpe4f.jpg

Gorgeous lighting and shot - and nicely hides the egg-eyes issue that Greedo has.

Han helped himself to some Hasbro Greedo egg-eyes after he got fried.:lol

blue-eggs-image.jpg

Boy just heard Hasbro decided with Disney to not reveal any TROS product until the triple event planned for October. Not even at SDCC this summer .:slap

So basically SW collectors will just have a rehash of old idea collectible product the whole summer . Not even the SW land opening will have anything from TROS.

I wonder if TROS merchandise will be made in fewer quantities after SOLO & TLJ's merchandise clogged pegs across the globe. Maybe they're being more cautious?

I wonder if TROS merchandise will be made in fewer quantities after SOLO & TLJ's merchandise clogged pegs across the globe. Maybe they're being more cautious?

Yeah, it's not quite at the scale of TLJ as pegwarmers, but I'm definitely seeing a lot of Solo stuff still sitting. Hasbro has to be thinking more cautious now with both a mainline/trilogy movie and a standalone producing so much unsold merch.

Boy just heard Hasbro decided with Disney to not reveal any TROS product until the triple event planned for October. Not even at SDCC this summer .:slap

So basically SW collectors will just have a rehash of old idea collectible product the whole summer . Not even the SW land opening will have anything from TROS.

Who cares about TROS product? There have been plenty of Kylo, Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose and First Order troopers these past 4 years.

Who cares about TROS product? There have been plenty of Kylo, Rey, Finn, Poe, Rose and First Order troopers these past 4 years.

I do. I want new movie stuff. By your logic who cares about anything n there have been many Luke's, Hans, Leias and Stormtroopers

I do. I want new movie stuff. By your logic who cares about anything n there have been many Luke's, Hans, Leias and Stormtroopers

To be fair Luke has a half dozen distinctly different costume looks across the OT (and even facially looks noticeably more mature in ROTJ vs ANH) - Rey has one costume look with a slight variation and doesn't really age (because the ST has been shot closer together than the OT.) Even Leia has a half dozen very different looks.

You can't use a ANH farmboy Luke or a ANH Leia for a ROTJ scenario and vice versa. Whereas a fig of Rey from TFA isn't all that distinguishable from a fig of Rey from TROS.

Gorgeous lighting and shot - and nicely hides the egg-eyes issue that Greedo has.

Han helped himself to some Hasbro Greedo egg-eyes after he got fried.:lol

blue-eggs-image.jpg

Thanks!

To be fair Luke has a half dozen distinctly different costume looks across the OT (and even facially looks noticeably more mature in ROTJ vs ANH) - Rey has one costume look with a slight variation and doesn't really age (because the ST has been shot closer together than the OT.) Even Leia has a half dozen very different looks.

You can't use a ANH farmboy Luke or a ANH Leia for a ROTJ scenario and vice versa. Whereas a fig of Rey from TFA isn't all that distinguishable from a fig of Rey from TROS.

If we can have ANH, ESB and ROTJ specific versions of Vader (mostly incredibly minor changes), we can have TROS figures without complaints of things being too similar.

Thanks!

If we can have ANH, ESB and ROTJ specific versions of Vader (mostly incredibly minor changes), we can have TROS figures without complaints of things being too similar.

ANH Vader and ESB Vader are pretty different looks, ESB and ROTj not really.

And you have to remember from Hasbro's point of view, I'd guess that Vader outsells Rey 10 to 1 so there's a much greater demand for ways to release Vader with minor differences versus similarly subtly different Reys.

ANH Vader and ESB Vader are pretty different looks, ESB and ROTj not really.

And you have to remember from Hasbro's point of view, I'd guess that Vader outsells Rey 10 to 1 so there's a much greater demand for ways to release Vader with minor differences versus similarly subtly different Reys.

Theres still people who can't tell the difference lol.

Vader from ANH to ESB is basically just underwear on the outside vs inside. He's virtually the same otherwise outside of some very minor details.

M6brJSn.png

Rey's costumes all definitely have a far more similar feel than Luke's evolution. But definitely more noticeably changed than Vader.

KYncllH.png

izEK5wS.png

V2ENmJs.png

BA4TFKJ.png

FNo5rFr.png

The 40th Anniversary Vader also peg warmed SO freaking hard. They couldn't give that thing away both in its 40th vintage version and regular release.

Vader from ANH to ESB is basically just underwear on the outside vs inside. He's virtually the same otherwise outside of some very minor details.

M6brJSn.png

Rey's costumes all definitely have a far more similar feel than Luke's evolution. But definitely more noticeably changed than Vader.

KYncllH.png

izEK5wS.png

V2ENmJs.png

BA4TFKJ.png

FNo5rFr.png

The 40th Anniversary Vader also peg warmed SO freaking hard. They couldn't give that thing away both in its 40th vintage version and regular release.

In a way it makes sense that Luke evolved both in outfits and persona . however when you look at the prequel Trilogy all Jedis dressed the same . It was odd that Luke wore all black in ROTJ

Remember Rey technically isn’t a Jedi

It has been pretty the same plan for all the sequel films to wait until the Force Friday launch to show the products, no real surprise there.

Yeah, I was visually comparing Luke/Leia (whose OT outfits are very visually different) to Rey's outfits, not Vader. Even though there's quite a few differences between ANH and ESB Vaders, it's really not that noticeable to non-fans - kinda like Rey.

And yeah, poor 40th Vader - an amazing fig (other than the oversized chestbox) - unfortunately got trapped in that metric ton of early bird kits so even the reg re-release didn't matter. In general though, Vader would be a much greater seller than Rey, like all the OT heroes/villains.

I have similar fears for that "vintage" retro Tarkin - buried in a big board game that's of limited appeal. Depending on how many they make, he might peg warm too given faux-vintage is so niche.

I find it really interesting that Luke's outfits are so incredibly varied vs Rey's, which amount to two slightly different outfits with two slight variations over three films. It to me says there were designers and filmmakers in the OT who had deeper understandings of a character on a journey (the outfits as symbolic signposts to the thematic transformation) whereas with Rey there's less understanding and confidence. It also may be that in the era of the superhero, people want the same trademark outfit every film with slight variations.

I’m surprised her new outfit is pure white . That’s really going to look weathered in battle.

Rey is always sweating in any type of weather. She sweats more than Leia and Padme combined. She was even sweating in the snow in TFA :lecture

Luke was always dry as a bone for the most part in OT with exception to the trash compactor scene in ANH and Jedi training and fighting Vader on Bespin in ESB and he always wore more than Rey :lol

Back