Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As far as having the 'look' down - this 6" Boba has it over the SSC one in spades. Hasbro's nailed the helmet for starters, & the body proportions are great too - not to mention the chest armour / vest sculpt.

This figure is half the size.. :slap :lol

got my 6 inch black series Boba Fett today, looks great, just wished Hasbro would have done these in 7 inch scale, then they would be perfect imo.

For those who haven't picked up wave 1 yet, TRU has them on sale for 17.99 online. Kmart has them listed online, but unavailable to ship. I wonder if they have them in store and they just haven't updated their online stock. Maybe I'll take a trip there tonight.

Finally saw these in a shop today.
Not impressed. R2 had defects in his paint on the dome and the lightsabre hilt was bent

Luke had his feet fitted wrong left on right and vice versa.

Glad I'm skipping them

Not impressed. R2 had defects in his paint on the dome and the lightsabre hilt was bent

Glad I'm skipping them

So you see the worst samplings in a mass produced figure line and decide the whole line is crap? Your loss. Luke is one of my favorite figures in the whole series so far.

I hear a lot of rumors that these are going to go up in price and that the 19.99 is just an introductory price to get collectors hook. Is there a historical evidence to this or is it bullplop? These are already priced higher than DCU, Marvel, and NECA figures.

Glad I'm skipping them

A couple factory errors is putting you off the whole line? Fair enough, but sounds like you had already made up your mind a tad

So you see the worst samplings in a mass produced figure line and decide the whole line is crap? Your loss. Luke is one of my favorite figures in the whole series so far.

I didn't say the whole line was crap. Those are your words.
As I said I finally saw them in person and found defective figures. At the price point I felt they should be better but I had already decided that I don't want to collect them.
ESP as they are£20 here so that's like 33 dollars

The sandie looked awesome. But my comment was meant more to reflect the. Quality versus the price point.

Matt. As u say I had decided not to get them

I didn't say the whole line was crap. Those are your words.
As I said I finally saw them in person and found defective figures. At the price point I felt they should be better but I had already decided that I don't want to collect them.
ESP as they are£20 here so that's like 33 dollars

The sandie looked awesome. But my comment was meant more to reflect the. Quality versus the price point.

Matt. As u say I had decided not to get them

Your original post implied you weren't getting them based on the poor production samples you found. Hot Toys is notorious for having some defective products sent out. Sometimes the problem's never addressed or fixed and you're SOL. Those things cost way more than these do. I don't think it's fair to judge a line by internet photos or by defective in hand merchandise.

You mentioned nothing of the price originally. That's a fair enough reason especially outside of the US.

K07. Fair comment I should have been clearer.
As for hot toys issues I haven't seen them myself but agreed qa need to be a given with collector driven ranges.
The basic hasbro stuff had pretty good qa and when it failed it was within the range for a mass market range.

The 6 inch. Stuff looks nice but it would get dear quite quicker esp here - not hot toys dear admittedly. :)

I was going to buy wave 2 online even though I didn't want Leia, but I went to my local TRU, and although they didn't have wave 2 yet, they had the complete wave 1...again, so I don't think wave 2 is going to be difficult to find, and therefore, I'm going to wait until I see them in stores. I really don't want to pay shipping and handling, plus $20 dollars for Leia, a figure I don't want....but what if they make a jabba the hut? :lol

I was going to buy wave 2 online even though I didn't want Leia, but I went to my local TRU, and although they didn't have wave 2 yet, they had the complete wave 1...again, so I don't think wave 2 is going to be difficult to find, and therefore, I'm going to wait until I see them in stores. I really don't want to pay shipping and handling, plus $20 dollars for Leia, a figure I don't want....but what if they make a jabba the hut? :lol

Last Saturday between going to Target and TRU I could have picked up 8 of each wave 1, (minus the Sandies) so I'm in the same camp, not too concerned with preorders on this line. :hi5:

Oddly I almost always see Sand troopers in stock, Maul has been the one I rarely see on the pegs.

Even though series 1 is easy to find, series 2 is gonna be a tad harder. Mainly cause of overstock of series 1, and then with christmas. But as long as they up the case per store then all should be well.

Oddly I almost always see Sand troopers in stock, Maul has been the one I rarely see on the pegs.

Even though series 1 is easy to find, series 2 is gonna be a tad harder. Mainly cause of overstock of series 1, and then with christmas. But as long as they up the case per store then all should be well.

Maul and R2 are plentiful near me. I was wondering about the overstock as well. The shelf at my Target is full. I hope this doesn't stop them from putting out S2. Then again with Xmas coming I'm sure those S1 figures will disappear in no time.

These are everywhere now and in big numbers where I live (florida) .
still only have the sandtrooper.

I've got one case of each series 1 and 2, Ill more then likely get several STD. stormies for series 3. I know there has been some talk of a speeder bike which I cannot wait for, wish they will push the envelope and produce several standout vechicles from the franchise, X-wing, Tie-fighter, Snow-speeder, AT AT ;D lol.

I've got one case of each series 1 and 2, Ill more then likely get several STD. stormies for series 3. I know there has been some talk of a speeder bike which I cannot wait for, wish they will push the envelope and produce several standout vechicles from the franchise, X-wing, Tie-fighter, Snow-speeder, AT AT ;D lol.

inscale Deathstar :monkey1

Why would they make vehicles for a line in which not many are buying the figures, first?

Received my 2nd case of wave 2 from BBTS. Excellent packing again, and everything arrived case fresh - not an issue in 2 shipments (my only 2 from them so far)

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Just ordered a case from big bad. I wanted to wait till they were in stores so I could enjoy the hunt but I couldn't wait any longer

As far as vehicles I'd love Anakin and obiwans star fighters from the opening of RotS- those are my favorite designed vehicles in the saga

I don't support this line. I'm in it for Boba Fett and classic Yoda. This line can crash and burn after that.

Back