Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Its being reported that the next 40th Vader this fall will have an all new sculpt.

Wut..

The snow trooper as well more white less yellow

Looks like Chewie will have his awesome ESB head but come with a bowcaster, nice!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
That Vader is most likely the same as the one already up for PO in the newest repackaging wave except for being on the Vintage card. Just like they did with the 40th Anniversary Legacy pack, except that time Vintage Vader was released first then re released boxed.

That Vader is most likely the same as the one already up for PO in the newest repackaging wave except for being on the Vintage card. Just like they did with the 40th Anniversary Legacy pack, except that time Vintage Vader was released first then re released boxed.

They are saying updated tooling on box, belt and colors.

Yay Cody won the fan vote. But since Hasbro released the last Archive in a set of 4, we still may see Ep III Obi and Qui Gon:pray:

They are saying updated tooling on box, belt and colors.

I think they were referring to the differences from the ANH version.

I pre-ordered both versions of Vader anyway (as well as the carbonized version which is also the same figure as this ESB version), as I'd want to keep the Vintage version carded. Oddly enough on Pulse the 5 new vintage figures announced yesterday and up for PO today are scheduled to ship ahead of the regular BS boxed figures shown a month ago that went up for PO on 5/28. In that round I PO'd a Vader & Stormtrooper. Today I PO'd the Vader and Fett. Already PO'd Luke & Yoda Dagobah 2pk. I'd like to pick up Chewbacca down the road, but I'll hold out for awhile. I have like $300 worth of PO's from Hasbro Pulse between SW BS & ML figures. Could've gotten 1 sweet HT figure for that... :lol

I guess we shall see soon enough if Vader is any different between the 2 releases.. But would be odd if there are 2 slightly different versions of ESB Vader. Although there are 3 different version of the ANH Vader. The 1st released Legacy Pack had lighter red eyes, then changed to darker amber eyes (more screen accurate). Then when re released in the box his neck was painted the proper gun metal grey rather than the black of the Vintage carded version.

I think they were referring to the differences from the ANH version.

I pre-ordered both versions of Vader anyway (as well as the carbonized version which is also the same figure as this ESB version), as I'd want to keep the Vintage version carded. Oddly enough on Pulse the 5 new vintage figures announced yesterday and up for PO today are scheduled to ship ahead of the regular BS boxed figures shown a month ago that went up for PO on 5/28. In that round I PO'd a Vader & Stormtrooper. Today I PO'd the Vader and Fett. Already PO'd Luke & Yoda Dagobah 2pk. I'd like to pick up Chewbacca down the road, but I'll hold out for awhile. I have like $300 worth of PO's from Hasbro Pulse between SW BS & ML figures. Could've gotten 1 sweet HT figure for that... :lol

I guess we shall see soon enough if Vader is any different between the 2 releases.. But would be odd if there are 2 slightly different versions of ESB Vader. Although there are 3 different version of the ANH Vader. The 1st released Legacy Pack had lighter red eyes, then changed to darker amber eyes (more screen accurate). Then when re released in the box his neck was painted the proper gun metal grey rather than the black of the Vintage carded version.

I also thought that they meant it against the ANH version but I love interpreting things the wrong way lol

Yeah its crazy how quickly these BS can accumulate into a HT.

Excited to hear that Target is going to sell some of the Galaxy's Edge merch is select stores. Will make it possible to buy a Hondo for non-insane prices!

He’s a phenomenal figure (and character) so I’m glad more are going to get a chance at him. I got lucky and had a family member going to Disney and picked me up a set. They are plentiful there ironically. You’d think some enterprising individual would buy as many as they could each day and flip them if Disney isn’t going to make them available online. I imagine those sets will rot now if they’re making Hondo available individually.

I’d love for them to release him with his CW Monkey Lizard Pet to give everyone an incentive to pick him up again.

[...]
Yeah its crazy how quickly these BS can accumulate into a HT.

LOL..so some years ago I thought, "S H Figuarts is doing some great work with Star Wars, a few other properties by other brands are cool...the 6-inch scale has so much more selection and won't break the bank, plus it's more posable."

What I found:

• Harder to display well without looking cluttered. (Not impossible, just harder).
  • Prices added up veeeerrry quickly. Not as much savings as I had thought.

I sold off almost everything (I have like...2 or 3 pieces kicking around for now) and focused on 1/6th -- worked out better for me, although YMMV.

LOL..so some years ago I thought, "S H Figuarts is doing some great work with Star Wars, a few other properties by other brands are cool...the 6-inch scale has so much more selection and won't break the bank, plus it's more posable."

What I found:

• Harder to display well without looking cluttered. (Not impossible, just harder).
  • Prices added up veeeerrry quickly. Not as much savings as I had thought.

I sold off almost everything (I have like...2 or 3 pieces kicking around for now) and focused on 1/6th -- worked out better for me, although YMMV.

I believe in mixing scales.

But neatness and lighting is key to a classy looking collection.

The more clutter and dark cubicles the more spiders will make your collection their permanent residence lol

When it comes to SHFA their Solo, Leia, Luke, Kenobi, R2 and Praetorian guards are a must own.

Lets see how their emperor and royal guards come out.

When it comes to Mafex their Fett is a must own.

Otherwise BS are good enough for me.

Hot Toys what a crazy expensive addiction you are better off being addicted to cocaine it?s much less expensive lol

I believe in mixing scales.

But neatness and lighting is key to a classy looking collection.

The more clutter and dark cubicles the more spiders will make your collection their permanent residence lol

Agreed on all counts -- mixing scales *can* look classy if done right. Did nothing for my wallet. :lol

When it comes to SHFA their Solo, Leia, Luke, Kenobi, R2 and Praetorian guards are a must own.

The only one I regret selling is Farmboy Luke -- that thing is perfect. I suppose I could pick it up again, but what I'd really like is for them to release their Snowspeeder Luke. :google

Otherwise BS are good enough for me.

I was in on BS for Waves 1 and 2 before bailing, but even with their improved face-printing and exceptional Snowspeeder Luke, I think their plastic lets them down. But they have an aesthetic all their own, I get that.

Hot Toys what a crazy expensive addiction you are better off being addicted to cocaine it?s much less expensive lol

LOL that's true ... my obsessive minimalism always wins at keeping my collection pared down to essentials, so in spite of having the odd moment here or there, I've managed to keep it very tight over the long term.

Agreed on all counts -- mixing scales *can* look classy if done right. Did nothing for my wallet. :lol

The only one I regret selling is Farmboy Luke -- that thing is perfect. I suppose I could pick it up again, but what I'd really like is for them to release their Snowspeeder Luke. :google

I was in on BS for Waves 1 and 2 before bailing, but even with their improved face-printing and exceptional Snowspeeder Luke, I think their plastic lets them down. But they have an aesthetic all their own, I get that.

LOL that's true ... my obsessive minimalism always wins at keeping my collection pared down to essentials, so in spite of having the odd moment here or there, I've managed to keep it very tight over the long term.

Yeah BS plastic is an annoying problem.

Their ankles are trash lol

I forgot who made the best Maul I believe it was SHFA.

I still need a Maul and FBL in my collection. :slap

Last edited:
I think it's time for me to give up the dream of a 1/6 Snowspeeder. It's too big and the details are too sharp for custom folks to make in large numbers at a reasonable price it seems. Plus nobody will ever make 1/6 Dak. From what I have seen in the review videos out there the BS Snowspeeder looks pretty cool. I'm just going to buy it and hopefully be happy.

The only place I could order Fett was Entertainment Earth. They've had issues in the past with bubbles getting smashed so whether it gets closed or open will depending shipping.

Back