Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually imports are a lot easier on us, for some reason Mexico has good trading with Asia so shipping is usually not that bad at all, and super fast, it's much faster and cheaper to get imports from HLJ and AmiAmi than to get American figures from BBTS.

Just got 2 Shazams and it was $40 for shipping, got 2 Vaders on PO will be at least another $20 or $30, and that's with the savings on shipping that the Loot Pile gives me, if I got just those 2 Vaders, the shipping would be around $50 for them.

It's ruff man, but I can't seriously complain, I'm buying dollies, it's a luxury, I'm just glad I have a job and my doll purchases leave me some money to eat something every once in a while :lol

Received my wave 1 today from Amazon and they were all mint. Completely shocked how they packed them. Must have been packed by someone who is a toy collector. :yess:

256qnhv.jpg

Re: Hasbro legends 6" sw figures

Ended up picking up these 3 for the $80 CAD. Not bad at all.
4979525de784872bd146eb28a0413929.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk

Also I can 100% confirm that there are 2 unofficial different versions of Vader; one with darker red lenses and one with brighter more noticeable lenses. Glad the original one I got was the one with the darker lenses.
fc96c02274a7a51e5825ce02fd50afc7.jpg
b9f2df626078101842f661c255e97e1b.jpg

Both Leia and Obi-wan are very nice.

I am surprised with how nice Leia's cloth outfit feels; I thought it would feel cheaper. The double jointed elbows on her are great and I think the head sculpt looks bang on for the most part. Paint is also much better than the previous version.

Ben also looks pretty good though I wish he had double jointed elbows as well. Can't get two handed lightsaber poses very easily.

All I need now is the upcoming Tarkin and the Figuarts Han and Chewie.

dce895e1cfd4882e5955eed4d337586d.jpg

Great set up so far ShadowGuardian.

I actually just bought that Boba as well as SH figuarts Han today.

What did you use to make the wash? Just black paint watered down with water?

Yeah, he repaints figures nicely AND makes some nice clothing too, I just encountered him randomly while browsing for toy pics. He made a nice robe for Maul, which looks better than the one I did, he made some nice jackets for Han and Luke too... His IG is @n.e.w_perspective, dunno if he takes commissions or anything...

18251363_290086374747438_8849022189119209472_n.jpg

17881601_121350945075568_7490864581351309312_n.jpg

yeah was just black acrylic heavily watered, applied as evenly as possible. i prefer this modded ver oppose to the darker eye variant when comparing to pics online where it comes off as brown, with this mod you can still keep a deep red look or at least def not brown etc.

oh wow them coats look great, love the yellow yavin celebration look for Luke. is his outfit in the recent marvel comics post anh that are canon. would love a official shf release of that with the anh farm boy sculpt they already have, blaster and saber with removable medal. plus the smiling head with medal on would work well.

ever consider how silly it is that han got a medal at end of anh? like i get why but many died cuz he was so late to join battle....:rotfl rolls in last min takes 50% off the credit.

ever consider how silly it is that han got a medal at end of anh? like i get why but many died cuz he was so late to join battle....:rotfl rolls in last min takes 50% off the credit.
I never thought of it :horror thanks, you've given me another reason to not like Han :lol

Or maybe I like him now... Doesn't give a **** and still gets paid :lol

Eh that R2 figure is crap anyway, only good if you need it for the vintage card and are into keeping them sealed.

If you're an opener go with the Bandai kit, or the revoltech if you dont wanna build one. Revoltech is scaled right and looks great, and can be had for $23 on amazon (but it doesnt have the extra arms and gizmos and all that business). Or if you have the $$$ get the mafex, that R2 is a thing of beauty!

Thanks for the tip. Just ordered the Bandai kit for R2 and 3PO. Seeing these in people's Legacy stands looks downright awesome.

Still going to keep an eye out for 40th R2 to keep MOC though.

Ended up picking up these 3 for the $80 CAD. Not bad at all.
4979525de784872bd146eb28a0413929.jpg

That fabric looks terrible...LOL Leia looks like she's in a sleeping bag with arms and Obi looks like he's wearing a bathrobe. The costumes need to be done in plastic. What's the point in going half plastic and half fabric? Hasblow strikes again.

That fabric looks terrible...LOL Leia looks like she's in a sleeping bag with arms and Obi looks like he's wearing a bathrobe. The costumes need to be done in plastic. What's the point in going half plastic and half fabric? Hasblow strikes again.

I think you're wrong here. While I'm not really a fan of soft goods for smaller figures, especially in this 6" format, I think it really works well here. Especially with those three figures. Vader, Ben, and Leia are arguably some of the best figures in the BS line so far. The softgoods actually benefit the figures and look good on these three unlike the cloth clothes used on the Emperor, Farmboy Luke, Yoda, etc.

Hasbro did a really great job on the Leia. If her costume was sculpted in plastic, you couldn't do this,

IMG_7384.JPG
IMG_7385.JPG

With a little futzing, it don't look like no sleeping bag.

Are you serious? Cloth looks terrible on these figures. Are you just being a smartass?

Sent from your Mom's kitchen using electronics
No I am dead serious. Cloth when done well is easily better than plastic. Sometimes it goes horribly (BS Luke) but other times it turns out great (Vader). If it's just a cape that especially should be fabric at 6".

Yeah, let's have a big block of rubbery plastic hanging off the back of a poseable action figure. It looks bad in anything other than a vanilla pose and puts the figure off balance.

I can agree with cloth being bad all the time at the 3.75" scale. That's a huge no no.

I think you're wrong here. While I'm not really a fan of soft goods for smaller figures, especially in this 6" format, I think it really works well here. Especially with those three figures. Vader, Ben, and Leia are arguably some of the best figures in the BS line so far. The softgoods actually benefit the figures and look good on these three unlike the cloth clothes used on the Emperor, Farmboy Luke, Yoda, etc.

Hasbro did a really great job on the Leia. If her costume was sculpted in plastic, you couldn't do this,

View attachment 339210
View attachment 339211

With a little futzing, it don't look like no sleeping bag.
That is some fantastic posing. Well done!

Back