Hasbro 6" Black Series Star Wars line

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exactly... but I'm sure it would have been a lot more than $20 :lol

This seems like Hasbro's attempt to get into a scale that's a bit more popular with collectors.

They definitely wouldn't have been cheap, which is probably why they got nixed. Not enough of a market for them. :monkey2

That Luke looks good. But these will be made in MUCH higher numbers than NECA figures. $20 for a mass-produed 6-inch figure? Go spit.

url

^^^^these...........:lecture

and a few more........:monkey3

I'll take that. They would look nice around the work desk. :D

5-7 6" figures look nice. 18 is crowded.

So if you had to get it down to 5-7, who would you keep and who gets the ax of the above?

I'd probably take Vader, stormtrooper, Luke, Ben, Han and the droids. But its a hard call and seems incomplete. That's the temptation.

That is very classy packaging, which is a surprise coming from Hasbro. :lol

Meh. Packaging looks generic and uninspired. Now if they had put it in the vintage black and silver packaging they'd have something impressive.

5-7 6" figures look nice. 18 is crowded.

So if you had to get it down to 5-7, who would you keep and who gets the ax of the above?

I'd probably take Vader, stormtrooper, Luke, Ben, Han and the droids. But its a hard call and seems incomplete. That's the temptation.

None would get the ax. I would rotate, just like I do with my Doctor Who 6 inch scale figs. New setup every month or so. :D

url

^^^^these...........:lecture

and a few more........:monkey3

:clap

That is very classy packaging, which is a surprise coming from Hasbro. :lol

:goodpost::exactly:

Wasn't there a line of Japanese 6" or 8" SW figures not long ago, they only released Vader and Boba Fett... anybody remembers those?

Found it! Those were the TOMY Direct 8 inchers... Only Vader and Fett were released
But I guess they won't work with Hasbro's...

Star+Wars+-+Tomy+Direct+Boba+Fett+1.jpg
Star+Wars+-+Tomy+Direct+-+Darth+Vader+1.jpg

I don't get the "Black series", nor their explanation of black being a significant color in the original Star Wars. Of course it is, it's space.

When I first saw the title I thought it was a limited line of Lando, Mace and Ice Cream Maker Guy.

Back