Has Forbiddenplanet.co.uk gone bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You have to keep calling them.
The ignore the phone calls on purpose cause they are way behind with their orders since Christmas.
They are still trading though, I got my Thor PF a couple of days ago.

They just cancelled it and stated that they weren't getting any more.

:monkey2

They really need to sort out their website and keep it more up-to-date!

I just checked and they no longer list Captain Dallas (Won't be getting mine either then):mad:

Wonder if I'll get the Medi Sandtrooper and Sith Probe droids I ordered at the same time?:monkey4

Also noticed they have posted a banner saying due to large number of orders over Christmas and staff shortages due to ill health, they are having trouble answering the phones. So keep trying and you will eventually get through or email them. - Someone reads the forums methinks!:angelsmil

I gave up trying ot order over the phone and just sent off the order form on the back of the catalogue, hopefully that will get to them ok, will prob still keep trying to call just to make sure! Whats everyone had off them? I rodered Gandalf/Balrog wall plaque for £21, Slave GG Leia for £60 and a Kotobokiya Blly for £21, and a few other bits and pieces

I gave up trying ot order over the phone and just sent off the order form on the back of the catalogue, hopefully that will get to them ok, will prob still keep trying to call just to make sure! Whats everyone had off them? I rodered Gandalf/Balrog wall plaque for £21, Slave GG Leia for £60 and a Kotobokiya Blly for £21, and a few other bits and pieces

I've had quite a lot of stuff from them - and to be fair it's always turned up eventually. I think my initial gripe was really about poor customer service. I like to know that when I place an order for in-stock goods, that they are infact "in-stock", or if it's a pre-order that I'm going to get what I ask for whether it's 6 weeks or 6 months down the line.

Currently on order:
Medicom Sandtrooper £59.99
Captain Dallas (Alien) £69.99
Sith Probe Droids £9.99

Pre-orders:
Sideshow Stormtroopers x2
Sideshow Utapau Trooper

Previous orders:
Han Solo Smuggler 12"
Assaj Ventris 12"
Clone-obi 12"

Had to cancel Rebel Fleet Trooper and Captain Antilles - Just wasn't seeing £80 worth of goods there. Starting to feel the credit crunch pinch and reeling in the "Toy Spending":monkey2

Id suggest Play.com for SSC Stormies in future or anything else you want from SSC that they do.

They are marginally better than Forbidden, in as much as they have someone at the end of the phone. Only problem is when you do get in touch especially on pre-orders they are as bad as Forbidden (when they do eventually reply) with answers

Anyone have a Rebel Trooper on order with Forbidden ???

or ordered direct from SSC ???

I had one on order with Play.com and he arrived yesterday !

Im guessing play if they do get them in will be better on getting them out to customers being bigger than Forbidden. But if the organisation and communication is as bad as it seems who knows when forbidden will get them out ?

Mooncat , how did your Trooper arrive ? Was it in a plastic bag ? Or was it boxed ? The last time I bought figures from play they arrived in a black poly bag. I've only ordered with forbidden planet because the boxes don't arrive damaged.

Mooncat , how did your Trooper arrive ? Was it in a plastic bag ? Or was it boxed ? The last time I bought figures from play they arrived in a black poly bag. I've only ordered with forbidden planet because the boxes don't arrive damaged.

Arrivd in a grey plastic bag and three elastic bands, thankfully no box damage but I take your point, risky

Back