Has Forbiddenplanet.co.uk gone bust?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darthgothikus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi All - I've been lurking round the forum for months, having a good laugh at all the comments and picking up some useful info too.

I've got a question for any UK freaks out there.

Has forbiddenplanet.co.uk stopped trading?

I've got two Stormtroopers and the Utapua Trooper on pre-order with them, but haven't been able to contact anyone there since Christmas.
I've tried emailing and phoning every couple of days but the emails are ignored and the phone rings off the hook!:confused:

I'd switch my order to another dealer but I can't afford to end up with 6 troopers (as much as I'd like them!):naughty
Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks
DarthG

Hi All - I've been lurking round the forum for months, having a good laugh at all the comments and picking up some useful info too.

I've got a question for any UK freaks out there.

Has forbiddenplanet.co.uk stopped trading?

I've got two Stormtroopers and the Utapua Trooper on pre-order with them, but haven't been able to contact anyone there since Christmas.
I've tried emailing and phoning every couple of days but the emails are ignored and the phone rings off the hook!:confused:

I'd switch my order to another dealer but I can't afford to end up with 6 troopers (as much as I'd like them!):naughty
Any info would be much appreciated.
Thanks
DarthG

Utapau hasnt been released yet and I think that Stormies havent either

Rebel troopers have but neither Play.com nor Forbiddenplanet have received them

Im not even sure if the ones ordered direct from SS have received theres either

I know financially its a worrying time especially for the likes of Forbidden and those types of companies I mean after recent companies like Woolworths etc. have gone its worrying for us all

Theyve always been crap at answering emails in the past, however they always seemed to answer the phone ok, so Im not sure.

Ive a rebel and stormie on pre - order with them also

Ive also got them on pre - order with play too

Time me thinks to cancel with Forbidden - although your suspicions maybe true and I wont need too, just need to monitor CC to make sure they dont try and rob me on their way down !

If thats what this is

Cheers Mooncat
Yeah, I know they haven't been released yet, I'm just concerned that I can't get hold of them to cancel the order if I want to switch.

Guess I'll sit back, cross my fingers, and wait for release time.

Be a pain to have to try and track these down on ebay when I got my pre-order in as soon as they were available.

Shame 'cos FB.co.uk always seem to be a bit cheaper than everyone else - I think in future play.com may get more of my orders...

Just tried ringing them myself given your post about no answer for 22 days

No answer for me either from the contact number on the web

Interesting stuff from Manchester though, saying theyve had a few calls about lack of response, they are in the dark also, could I contact

Glasgow's office : 0141 331 1215

or

Hanleys office 01782 279294

and if I find anything out can I let the Manchester Office know

rung hanleys - More of a positve slant they say if they were going bump the stores would go first, well they think they would and they are still operating well Hanleys and Manchester is

But Hanleys says they are non the wiser as too why the phones are not being answered and emails not being replied too

They have contact with the depot who ask if they need stock so Im not sure

Last edited:
FPi are terrible at answering the phone. I ordered a few bits from their sale cat. over the phone last week and it took me a few goes to get them to pick up. Keep trying and you'll get there.
As far as cancelling things goes, I cancelled my Indy from them online and it worked fine, took a couple of days for things to be updated though.
I hope that they are still tradiong and continue to do so, I've got most of my SSC SW stuff from them, with only a few bits coming from play.com.

*edit*
A chap over @ Rebelscum's forums got through quickly by calling 01621 877223

Cheers,
Doug

Hmmm...

Sounds encouraging - guess it's just poor Customer service + bad timing on my part:monkey1

BTW Doug - I didn't think you could cancel orders through their site? I was told it wasn't "Live" you had to phone to make changes. Are you refering to FP.com by any chance? I always mix the two up:google

Anyhow... BRING ON THOSE TROOPERS!!!!!!:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo:stormtroo

Nope, defo .co.uk
Will have to have a look at site when I get home, can't remember exactly how I did it now, know it was online though. It may have been through the 'contact us' button.

Oh, and welcome to the boards :)

Cheers,
Doug

Last edited:
A quick update...

Just had an email from a nice lady called Emily saying they have been short staffed and have had trouble answering phone calls.:rolleyes:

Sounds like they are still there and operating OK (Whew!)

Sorry to have worried anyone, I'll let you know when the troops arrive and try to post some pics!

DarthG

FP has been around forever, so im sure if need be they would scale back and keep going if the worst came to the worst.

Btw have you seen the prices of stuff on Play.com lately, they have gone through the roof :horror I might have to start buying more off Ebay :monkey1

Just recieved the weekyly newsletter off forbidden planet. All is cool.

Captain Antilles is in stock, ready to ship. Looks like they've not took long to get that one, hoping it's the same for EP 2 Obi-Wan.

A quick update...

Just had an email from a nice lady called Emily saying they have been short staffed and have had trouble answering phone calls.:rolleyes:

Sounds like they are still there and operating OK (Whew!)

Sorry to have worried anyone, I'll let you know when the troops arrive and try to post some pics!

DarthG

Yeah I spoke with her the other day about some sale stuff I ordered for my son's up and coming birthday... she said they were catching up with the backlog from Xmas (I still have several items outstanding) and were waiting for a few things to be re-stocked.
Dizzy:google

I felt that much more confident that I caved in and ordered more stuff i can't afford.

...come on - Medi Sandtroopers for £59.99 and Captain Dallas for £69.99 It'd be rude not to...

Hang on, here comes the wife.

That's it.

I'm dead.

Did you get your Dallas? I pre-ordered two weeks ago and got an email saying it was out of stock on Friday! :gun

Did you get your Dallas? I pre-ordered two weeks ago and got an email saying it was out of stock on Friday! :gun

Hmmm. Don't know. Placed the order on Friday, haven't heard anything since.

What options did they give you? Or did they just cancel the order?:duh

DarthG

Hmmm. Don't know. Placed the order on Friday, haven't heard anything since.

What options did they give you? Or did they just cancel the order?:duh

DarthG

They just cancelled it and stated that they weren't getting any more.

:monkey2

I'm sorry to say that Forbiddenplanet.co.uk are awful. I should know. I used to deliver to there warehouse in Maldon Essex. There website never lets you know if something is in stock and there phone service sucks

FP has been around forever, so im sure if need be they would scale back and keep going if the worst came to the worst.

Btw have you seen the prices of stuff on Play.com lately, they have gone through the roof :horror I might have to start buying more off Ebay :monkey1

You can always try Amazon.co.uk. I found a Sideshow legacy Roger moore on there for 39.99 last week

Back