Has anyone seen this? 1/6 Obi Starfighter!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well. I know the Reserve is higher than $175.00. :monkey3 Estimating about another $75 for shipping and its too rich for my blood.

I put a bid on it. I may just do the BIN. That piece is sweet and I have long dreamed of some of the vehicles in 1:6 scale. T.I.E Fighters and X-Wings would be very cool! But my single biggest wish is the Naboo Starfighter. My favorite ship in the entire Star wars continuum. But we would need a 1:6 scale Naboo Pilot as well. That would be very cool!

Good luck. As I said above, I put a bid in at $175 but it was still below reserve. Tempted to go a little higher myself, but not to the BIN price.

I did ask the seller what materials its made out of, we'll see. I'm betting its the plastic Anzik uses for his displays.

This reminds me of the 1/6 scale gunship some highschool shop student at rebelscum was making. I only saw pictures of the frame and it was already impressive. Not sure he ever finished it. It was made of wood and plastic tubing, it looked REALLY heavy.

That thing is huge, but it sure would be awesome for a disply piece with your 1/6th Obi. Great detail, but I cannot imagine what the reserve is.

Good luck. As I said above, I put a bid in at $175 but it was still below reserve. Tempted to go a little higher myself, but not to the BIN price.

I did ask the seller what materials its made out of, we'll see. I'm betting its the plastic Anzik uses for his displays.

This reminds me of the 1/6 scale gunship some highschool shop student at rebelscum was making. I only saw pictures of the frame and it was already impressive. Not sure he ever finished it. It was made of wood and plastic tubing, it looked REALLY heavy.

I sent the same question to the seller. at 20-30 ponds, it could even be wood.

Response from seller was that he thinks its made of PVC.

Yeah, since he told me that, and that there are areas where it is more fragile and seems to have some model parts on it, I am really trying to figure how to get this piece shipped safely to CA.

Are there any Freaks that live in Ohio and are making a trip to CA any time soon?:D

The best I can think is to have the guy gently wrap it with a tons of plastic bags, wrap it with tape, then put it in a box filled with foam peanuts.

Thats cool... there should be official 1/6 scale vehicles being made. Not that I can afford them but it would be nice just to see them out there. Start with a 1/6 scale Falcon :D

Funny you should say that, i spend alot of my time building 1/6th scale "prop" items for display figures, currently doing a re-work of the Jedi Council Chairs (with intentions to one day build a partial replica of the chamber itself), also looking into building a mock-up for a test run on the Emporers Throne (not the while one in the Emporers Bathroom mind you).

I may (if i get the chance and theres enough interest) also look into building "sets", like fighter cockpits and the like...all depends on how much free time i have

Regards

SJ

PS - once i've got the run on the Council Chairs and the Emporers Throne i'll be offering them up to those who want them.

I've always wanted a 1/6 Landspeeder, But I just don't have the time to build one at present, I did build a 1/6 batmobile (60's) at Uni, on my modelmaking course, years ago, (sold it for £2000). Planned to use many of the same techniques.

PS - once i've got the run on the Council Chairs and the Emporers Throne i'll be offering them up to those who want them.

Dude, I've been wanting the council chairs for so long in 1/6th!
I will definately be interested! Set up a thread in the customizer forum to show your work!
:rock

I'll set up a thread asap,

Its a case of looking back on the old chairs, seeing what i can improove and what needs to be re-worked. The old ones i made were all good and fine for the hasbro line my nephews played with, but for sideshow's figures i'm trying to bring it up to the next level.

As for the Landspeeder, give me time...i might be able to aquire the parts we need ;)...lol

Once i have something worth showing, i will post it up for all to point and laugh at (crom knows...i laugh at myself all the time)

:chew

SJ

Back