Has anyone ever tried to raise a Detolf?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here is my current setup:

Q1lZf8y

Standard detolf/besta combo with dioder light strips! New to the forum - how in the heck do I rotate the picture? It is not hosted that way on imgur.

Attachments

• IMG_5102.jpg
    IMG_5102.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 943
my detolf is abt 7-8yrs.. still stable... but it shakes abit when openning the door..the magnets are very strong ....

You can secure it to the wall to make it even more stable. This is really important if setting it on top of another cabinet.

Put together these 3 cube organizers tonight from Walmart to raise my detolfs. IMO these are a pretty decent and sturdy alternative to the Expedits. Probably could fit 5 detolfs across the two units. Not as nice as some of the custom stuff on this thread, but I think it does the job. Plus these were also super easy to find in store and we don't have an Ikea in Vegas. Raising the detolfs definitely make a difference.

16452944681_8a68b29513_b.jpg

16454690015_faa8efddb2_b.jpg

Here again is the link to the cubes at Walmart for anyone interested: Better Homes and Gardens 3-Cube Organizer, Multiple Colors - Walmart.com

Registered just to say thank you for this idea, I own two Detolfs I use for displaying Warhammer 40k stuff. I replaced my glass shelves with wooden ones I painted to match the finish and I'm using the Bar Lighting Puck System. Definitely happy with the three cell organizer though, haven't had any issues with it supporting the weight and it looks amazing.

vdX9fIe.jpg

I'm going to put some cloth up behind the cases themselves, been trying to find a good way to do that. I've already got the cloth just gotta find a good seal/screw/something.

Awesome! Glad these worked out for you. I have had these for several months now and have had no issues so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just started into collecting in the last month or so, but really liked the idea of using the detolfs and putting them on a cabinet. I do a bit of woodworking, so here is the progress I've made so far. The bottom cabinets are made out of quarter sawn white oak to match some other cabinets I built in the same room. Still waiting on the hinges and door handles, which are going to be hand forged iron. The shelving next to the detolfs is made from black melamine plywood, to match up better with the black on the detolfs. Still need to have some glass cut for the front and shelves and pick up some black edge banding. Once that's all done and I get the cabinets stained, I'll have to get some LED lighting in there and then finally can start filling them up.

detolf_20150624_01.jpg

detolf_20150624_02.jpg

Lol.. It seems like an easy wood work project but I know nothing about working with wood. If there is nothing at retail I'll just see if I can get something made at a decent price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So I finally got around to getting my recently bought detolfs wired and now raised. I ended going with a Kallax with doors. Sorry for the bad angle, not enough room in front to get the whole thing in. :)

View attachment 189552

Oh boy this is exactly what i want to do. Can you give a little more description of what you have here? Were the doors Ikea?

I have four detolfs that I am looking to raise. Will be going the besta route for that. I was wondering if its safe to have legs install on the besta. Will the weight be too much?

Thanks in advance guys.

Back