Has anyone ever made a 1:6th scale Black Dynamite?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myersfarms

Super Freak
Reaction score
Charlestown, IN just 20 Min North of Louisville, K
Okay, this may be completely in the wrong area, but I was talking with my wife the other night about our dream 1:6th scale figure project and aside from ourselves, (I'm already working on myself) what would we want to have made/kitbash/commision a head of to be made and we finally agreed that it would have to be Michael Jai White from Black Dynamite which is by far one of the funniest movies of all time. So my question is has anyone made a BD head sculpt? If not how do I go about tracking someone down who could give me an estimate on a custom head design? There are so many wonderful sculpters here that I wouldn't want to offend anyone of them. I already have the bash pieces in mind and everything I just need the head, and possibly the decapitated head of his best friend Bullhorn, lol. If you seen the movie feel free to chime in on this thread with any ideas you might have.

Some reference pics to see what I'm talking about:
black_dynamite_ver3.jpg

black_dynamite_2009_685x385.jpg

michael_jai_white(00-headshot-from-black-dynamite-med).jpg

"I am smiling."

BTW, don't know if anyone cares or not but Michael Jai White also played Gambol in the Dark Knight so I could do one without the fro so we could do a Kitbash Gambol to add to our Dark Knight Mobsters collection, c'mon people want a Coleman Reese and the GNB Manager but No Maroni, The Chechen, and Gambol? This is one of my dream projects so I hope to make it a reality.

Last edited:
lol, really ?, didn't know he played Gamble, then again, I don't know much about this actor other than he played Spawn ?.

This would be cool to see realized in 1/6th scale.

He was also in Kill Bill...I think it was in the cut scenes though.

He's a great martial artist. He was in a movie called Blood & Bone where you really get to see his abilities. Movie wasn't all that great but some of the fight scenes were really cool.

I imagine his being included in TDK was in preparation for him to have a larger role but maybe it got cut before it was even filmed. Can't imagine why they would get someone with his movie credits to play suck a bit part...even if a lot of his movies have been B movies.

Not yet, but thinking about using the upcoming Stalker head as a base for one....

Got a pic? :pray:

lol, really ?, didn't know he played Gamble, then again, I don't know much about this actor other than he played Spawn ?.

You've got some great skill Cheungkinmen (I just got your Cillian Murphy Head, #13 off eBay, so I know what I'm talking about, lol.) Maybe you could do it?

Got a pic? :pray:

You've got some great skill Cheungkinmen (I just got your Cillian Murphy Head, #13 off eBay, so I know what I'm talking about, lol.) Maybe you could do it?

What?! lol, didn't know it got into ebay, hehe. Link ?.

In fact I was playing with the idea of doing Zsasz, Falcone, Thomas Schiff and now Gamble.

What?! lol, didn't know it got into ebay, hehe. Link ?.
https://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&_trksid=p4340.l2557&rt=nc&nma=true&item=230590338155&si=GqVXplavWnvFU6v%252BJz%252FE25%252Furno%253D&viewitem=&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWNX%3AIT

In fact I was playing with the idea of doing Zsasz, Falcone, Thomas Schiff and now Gamble.

I'd buy them all from you! You also need the Chechen, and Maroni! We'd need a second Joker as Police officer for the Schiff figure complete with Rachael Dawes name tag!

Last edited:
I made a post about this a while ago. I would love to do one but its just so hard to find a good look alike. I forget who it was that PMed me but he said he may work one sometime soon.

I made a post about this a while ago. I would love to do one but its just so hard to find a good look alike. I forget who it was that PMed me but he said he may work one sometime soon.

In all seriousness, would this be something that other people would want? I know that there was an all-out war over "The Dude," lol, but I know not that many people care about BD.

I'm strongly considering pursuing this, as a limited edition figure, and even commissioning a custom head that I can cast and paint up with the appropriate body type. Any ideas as to who I should speak with about sculpts? What body type do you as a group think would be acceptable? I know my dream body is Apollo Creed, but they are hard enough to find as it is, lol. Maybe Greggo could paint up a bunch of T-800s? After seeing his "They Live" figures I think he could pull it off. :rotfl

On a related note, my wife and I were discussing what accessories BD should come with. Here were our thoughts:

1. License to kill
2. Nunchuks
3. Gun (Is it a 357 Magnum?)
4. Bullet found at the scene of Jimmy's death
5. Boom Mike
6. Severed head of Bullhorn
7. Blackboard with "The Man's" plan already written out on it
8. 40 oz bottle of Anaconda Malt Liquor (in scale to BD)

Did I forget anything?

I'm also thinking of including a voice chip that would play his theme "Dynamite, Dynamite!" Or maybe one that would say "I am smiling." I keep trying to convince my wife that he should just say "Where is Bucky and what has he had?" but she doesn't think it would have the same impact as his theme. :dunno

Any suggestions? I am chomping at the bit to make this figure happen! :panic:

Last edited:
I bet we can get Kevinboylan1989 to do it. Hes a good friend of mine who has some major artistic talents. He just started to get into sculpting and hes getting pretty good at it.

I'll run it by him and see if hes up to it.

It's been a long time but I have decided to resurrect this old idea of mine. I will see this come to fruition for 2012. Anyone else interested I know that Johnny (Cheungkinmen) has said that he was going to make a Micheal Jai White as Gambol from The Dark Knight, so it's just a matter of time before we see an awesome sculpt of my main man Black Dynamite!

This movie is awesome. I'd like a Cream Corn
Lmao!
[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VlW11EfZXgk&feature=youtube_gdata_player[/ame]

Back