Harry Potter and the Naked Chick

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tomandshell said:
It would be interesting to see this before the next Harry Potter film. Then you can read an intriguing new subtext into the scenes with Harry and Uncle Vernon, who secretly envies his nephew's ability to suckle horses in the dark.
That's not right. :monkey4

I admit that when I chose to do one of the psychiatrist's monologue from the play in a drama competition back in high school I didn't really understand it at all. I just knew that it was strange and emotional and a great showcase for an actor. But studying the rest of Shaeffer's oeuvre it becomes obvious that he was obsessed with religion and the lengths people will go for their worship.

Funnily his identical twin brother Anthony Shaeffer also wrote along similar themes including the movie The Wicker Man.

In high school I did the monolouge from Amadeus where Shaeffer has his hero curse out God. Love that scene!

equus_col7_hires.jpg

"Wilbur.."
"Yes, ED?"
"Go back inside and put on your pants"
"Yes, Ed"

tomandshell said:
I would love to go back in a time machine and watch Ian McKellen and Tim Curry in the Broadway production of Amadeus.

Having a time machine would have many benifits. And that would be one of them.

I saw Curry in a musical version of My Favorite Year a couple times at Lincoln Center. He's very good on stage.

I know Tim Curry has been in loads of work, but for me, he will always be the butler Wadsworth from CLUE !!!

Oh come on! There is only one absolute, final and best Tim Curry...

...a roll he defined and played the only definitive version of...

...an immortal character that will live on in the hearts and minds of Transylvanians everywhere...

....King Arthur in Spamalot!

Darklord Dave said:

...an immortal character that will live on in the hearts and minds of Transylvanians everywhere...

I didn't even know he was in Spamalot! I wonder if it will tour?

Darklord Dave said:

Dave you tease. :lol

SideshowDusty said:
Well, no matter how bad or good he is in the role, they are pretty much guaranteed to sell out every single show :lol

OK this is proof that Dusty reads every and all posts, so if you ever post anything asking for her to respond and she doesn't then you know she is ignoring you. Right Dusty? Dusty? Dusty!!!!!!!!!

BTW this topic is still pretty damn sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Curry played Arthur on Broadway and I think he recreated it in London. ((or vice versa). I'm not sure who's playing the role in Vegas or the touring companies. But if it's Curry - I'm there!

Curry will always be first and foremost this guy...

But I would love to see him as this guy...

Now if Sideshow could only do figures of either of those guys, I'd be happy.

Back