Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - SPOILER DISCUSSION

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finished reading this book about 2 hours ago
i loved the war, everything. HATED the 19 Years Later part, completely ruined the ending for me. It was just way too happy!

Dean Thomas's dad was a wizard, he had to leave the mum and Dean so that the death-eaters did not find out about the child. The dad was killed by the death-eaters before the first fall of you know who.
Found this little bit of info on J.K.s site a couple of years ago, you have to look for clues about her site and you get rewarded with cool bits and pieces. Did not think we get to hear anything about Dean in the novels again but he was on the run as he did not know his dad was a wixard.

Voldermorts name being tabooed was a great idea.

Yeh, who wants a happy ending?:rolleyes:

I'm just messing to each their own, I would have been upset with a cliffhanger. Why shold Harry, Ron and Hermione not get a happy ending?

Harry spent part of his life under some stairs, the other part being pursued by the most evil wizard ever (7 years, all childhood/teenage years) and has his life on the line nearly everytime, actually dies and watches his godfather and friends die. I think he deserved a "normal with wife and kids" life after that, he deserved it. Same with the other 2, they were there most of the time and went through many of the crap.

I think anything non-happy or less happy would have been contrived and forced, and NOTHING is worse than a contrived or forced ending for the sake of doing it. I'm glad it was ended. There's space for more, but nothing absolute.

Just my opinion on it, not trying to start some nerdy Harry Potter flame war.

Okay so having dyslexia sucks. This book was exhausting. And time consuming and headache inducing. Usually I wait for the Stephen Fry audio book to come out in England but with the thread of spoilers so great I knew I had to nut up and slog through all 759 pages of it. And I have to say, if Rowling didn't write so simply and powerfully, I would still be trekking my way through it.

That off my chest, it was fantastic! I knew after Azkaban came out that Rowling was writing out of order and plotting the canon before proceeding and boy does it pay off! All the call backs and payoffs for earlier set ups were great!

I loved all the mature themes in the book. Like watching Doctor Who I find it so refreshing seeing family entertainment that doesn't censor itself in fear of American style faith-based so-called do-gooders.

It was great how it works with the last two books, almost fitting together like one big book with the three installments like the three acts of a film. It was also great how JK returns to the roots of Philosopher's (Socerer's) Stone with its homages to works of fantasy and myths such as Merlin and LOTR and even Matrix Reloaded, Revolutions.

I am surprised that Norbert never really returned or that Firenze didn't do more in the whole series. And Snape is one of the great characters of all time made great almost more for what he doesn't do than what he does. And I was disappointed that Ginny wasn't given a big moment in this book other than trying to give her gift to Harry (before suffering from giftus interruptus that is).

It's no wonder the series has had the effect on our culture that it has.

Last edited:
Albus Severus Potter (ASP) in Slytherin. Perhaps Hugo Weasley in Gryffindor? And although once best friends (like Lily and Snape) they become mortal enemies and Albus becomes the next darklord?

I smell a sequel!

Thought it was a great book, although I didn't care for the last chapter. And I thought Snape's parts were to rushed, would like to of known if he was buried by Dumbledore and honored as a hero.

Albus Severus Potter (ASP) in Slytherin. Perhaps Hugo Weasley in Gryffindor? And although once best friends (like Lily and Snape) they become mortal enemies and Albus becomes the next darklord?

I smell a sequel!

I dunno, I like the idea of a Slytherin being a hero. I know Snape was, kinda, but I like the idea of one being an over all cool person too and since he's a Potter maybe. And maybe a Gryffindor could be a villain? Just for fun.

I dunno, I like the idea of a Slytherin being a hero. I know Snape was, kinda, but I like the idea of one being an over all cool person too and since he's a Potter maybe. And maybe a Gryffindor could be a villain? Just for fun.

That would be great. I personally hope she leaves the potters/weasleys alone. I like the idea of her doing an encyclopedia though.

That would be great. I personally hope she leaves the potters/weasleys alone. I like the idea of her doing an encyclopedia though.
That would be a great addtion.Id like to see someting similar to what is at the end of LotR, a timeline would be great.

Has anybody read the HP school books, i don't know if you got them in theUSA but there were 2 relesed here for charity by JK in 2001.
Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them by Newt Seamander
Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp
Which i beleive have been mentioned through the novels, some more of these would be great as there kinda encyclopedias, which have been grafftied by the 3 heros and a forward by Dumbledore

That would be a great addtion.Id like to see someting similar to what is at the end of LotR, a timeline would be great.

Has anybody read the HP school books, i don't know if you got them in theUSA but there were 2 relesed here for charity by JK in 2001.
Fantastic Beast and Where to Find Them by Newt Seamander
Quidditch Through the Ages by Kennilworthy Whisp
Which i beleive have been mentioned through the novels, some more of these would be great as there kinda encyclopedias, which have been grafftied by the 3 heros and a forward by Dumbledore

Yeah, I've read them both. They've actually been recently reissued here in the States.

The history of Quidditch is awesome and supplies actually too much background.

Actually she went through everybody's career in that interview. Harry ended up rebuilding the Auror's office in Kingsley Shacklebolt's administration.

thanks for the link to the interveiw it was really informative. One question I expected to be asked never was though

who took over hogwarts after the fall of voldemort?

thanks for the link to the interveiw it was really informative. One question I expected to be asked never was though

who took over hogwarts after the fall of voldemort?

McGonnagal, yes? I remember reading that somewhere...

I don't think of myself as a "snob" at all. Just not interested in boy witches. As for it being "dark". That's fine I guess, but I don't get into something because it's light or dark. It just has to appeal to me and HP never has.

I give you a hard time about HP, but I honestly hold nothing against anyone who likes it. it just has no appeal to me.

Just curious if you'd share your thoughts now.

Back