Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Movie SPOILERS!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harry Potter - Deathly Hallows [Teaser Trailer]

It is looking to be shaping up very nicely.

Thanks for posting that! Looks pretty good! I need to revisit HP again...

Looks good but total execution remains to be seen. Hedwigs theme still gives me chills. Poor.. poor Hedwig.

It is looking to be shaping up very nicely.

Yeah, have to agree... really hoping this movie is done right. The series is decent for what it is, but a solid ending would really help things along.

kinda tired with this franchise..movies are getting redundant.

you dont really like anything lol,but this teaser was kinda weak, dont get me wrong i know that teasers dont explain much but to me it just seemed rather weak and laking.

Really? I admit the first couple of movies aren't my fave, but I thought the last one was pretty fantastic. The books are better, but I still enjoy the movies for what they are.

Really? I admit the first couple of movies aren't my fave, but I thought the last one was pretty fantastic. The books are better, but I still enjoy the movies for what they are.

I like the first movie quite a bit. It had a genuine magical feel. 2-5 all rank somewhere between pretty good and poor, IMO. The six was really well done though. I thought the cave matched up to the way I imagined it to look.... Like you said though, the books are better... You just can't get into all the different characters in a 2 hour movie like you can with a 700 page book.

the way its always the same characters is very annoying. Harry this, Ron that, Hermione blah blah blah. Then those guys like Snape and Voldarmort always giving them a hard time. Its like its a Marvel comic or something with all the recurrent dilemmas and same villians and stuff.

I like the first movie quite a bit. It had a genuine magical feel. 2-5 all rank somewhere between pretty good and poor, IMO. The six was really well done though. I thought the cave matched up to the way I imagined it to look.... Like you said though, the books are better... You just can't get into all the different characters in a 2 hour movie like you can with a 700 page book.

I agree, the first was very good. Two through four were average or so, with the fifth and sixth ones really being much more impressive than their predecessors. However not everyone liked the 5th one as I did.

I think if I had to put them in any order, I'd choose:

Considering that they're splitting the 7th book into two movies, I expect much more out of them. Although the trailer is already throwing me off, because Ollivander is talking about the Deathly Hallows, whereas in the book he knew nothing of them. Griphook was the one that told the kids what the Hallows were, not Ollivander.

the way its always the same characters is very annoying. Harry this, Ron that, Hermione blah blah blah. Then those guys like Snape and Voldarmort always giving them a hard time. Its like its a Marvel comic or something with all the recurrent dilemmas and same villians and stuff.

I guess I can see where you're coming from, but JK Rowling introduces a new major character in just about every book.

I guess I can see where you're coming from, but JK Rowling introduces a new major character in just about every book.

lol I was being sarcastic. :D

My order by fave:

I thought 5 was maybe one of biggest let downs I've ever had from an anticipated movie.

Looks a little less boring than the last one.

Meh. I have zero faith in David Yates as a storyteller. He mucked up the last 2 and I'm sure he'll do the same with these last 2. The man should never have been allowed near this franchise. I remember the rumours of Alfonso Curion returning, or Spielberg, Jackson or Del Toro, instead they gave it to the tv twit. :rolleyes:

I enjoyed 5 when I watched it, and after that decided to read the books (I'd put it off for years). But then after reading the series I no longer really liked the 5ht movie. Its not bad, but just doesn't work as well in comparison.

I think I would have enjoyed 6 more as well if I hadn't read the books; it was a good movie. But just so much (especially the final battle) was left out.

It's a little frustrating watching the movies after having read the books. There is simply so much that is cut out and changed that it's hard not to feel like the movie is severely lacking. However it's still fun to see key scenes brought to life with the highest caliber special effects out there. I just kinda take them for what they're worth. The books are such fun to read, and if you ever have the opportunity I highly recommend the audio books read by Jim Dale. They are truly fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about how they are performed. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

It's a little frustrating watching the movies after having read the books. There is simply so much that is cut out and changed that it's hard not to feel like the movie is severely lacking. However it's still fun to see key scenes brought to life with the highest caliber special effects out there. I just kinda take them for what they're worth. The books are such fun to read, and if you ever have the opportunity I highly recommend the audio books read by Jim Dale. They are truly fantastic. I cannot say enough good things about how they are performed. Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant.

Listened to them all over the summer while commuting and I can't agree more. The variety of voices he uses for the various characters is fantastic. Only negative I came up with is that all other audio books seem to be second rate after listening to the Potter books.

Same here. When the first one came out I thought it was just another typical kids movie based off of the books. Then they kind of grew on me, and the last one was great IMO. Its scary to watch them and remember how young they were when the first one came out. Kind of makes you feel dated.

Back