Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered- List in First Post!!!

I'll take a 2.5 as well, I suppose. Hook me up, Gibster!!!!! :hi5:

I think it needs to be fair across the board no ?

2.5??????? Me wants it! King Darkness will be paying my $5.00.

(Or if Jimmy or Gibby just want to let me know when they're ready I'll gladly send the money for cost and shipping.)

I'll take a 2.5 as well, I suppose. Hook me up, Gibster!!!!! :hi5:

You know you're covered brothers.

I'll never forget what you did for me JJJ, and I watch them all the time. I might be swayed by higher res copies down the line of the Harmys...

I'm on the list for the blu-ray and I'm really new to the site (actually found out about it because of Harmy's work). I'm serious about getting it, and I defiantly understand where you guys are coming from about the new member thing. I guess my question is what do I need to do to verify myself? Thanks.

According to the FAQs, the most fitting one is below.

1) The sale/trade section is only for active members of Sideshow Freaks. You must have at least 50 posts and be a board member in good standing for 3 months in order to create a For Sale thread. If you spam the boards trying to get to that 50 post count you will be permanently banned. After you have filled both these criteria please PM the admin to request access.

Been a member here since 2005 so I think I'm safe. ;)

Shutty You !!!! :1-1:

original.gif

I am not trying to pick and choose. I am just trying to be safe, for myself and the forum.

Getting PM's from randoms that have 1 or 0 posts has made me wary.

I think if they meet forum criteria to sell then it's all good. That's all I'm saying. I don't think that is asking too much.

I think I have helped anyone and everyone that has asked.

It's just in recent weeks the PM's have been odd.

Sorry.

I was one of those PMs. Wasn't trying to make you wary about anything man, was just trying to jump on board of something that everyone seems really excited about, and for good reason! The Harmy's are amazing and the 2.5 of SW sounds like it won't disappoint. I've been really excited about the 2.5 for a while now and recently happened to stumble across this thread during my research on it. I don't own a burner either so it was of interest to me. I read all 70+ pages of it before PMing you because I wanted to make sure I understood what was being discussed and what the procedure was to be added. Nothing irks me more than new posters who don't read the whole thread or even the stickys etc...

I didn't think you'd care about the fact that I wasn't known or vouched for, because the idea that this is perfectly legal as long as the original copy of the studio-released film is owned (which I have multiple versions of, as do most on here) has been reinforced several times throughout the discussion, like with this comment:

THese are not for sale.

We are promoting the piece and a requirement for having any edit is that you own a copy of the official release.

With statements as clear cut as that, I figured you had nothing to be wary about! Or, for that matter, why the safety of the board is even at risk?

Anyway, it's another matter completely whether you want to go out of your way to help out someone completely random that hasn't contributed anything at all to the board (like myself) - and if you didn't that's totally understandable. The discussion just didn't have that tone, in my opinion. Rather, it seemed to me to have much more of an "art preservation" / "SW-fan-philanthropy" sort of feel to it (to promote and extend the life of the original cut).

Last edited:

Not sure how often the list is updated, but I am definitely interested in joining if at all possible. Own multiple versions of these films, so I am ready to go.

Not sure how often the list is updated, but I am definitely interested in joining if at all possible. Own multiple versions of these films, so I am ready to go.

Gotcha added!

I burned a set of Harmy's high def quality DVDs a while back, and they were great. It's been a long time since I've kept tabs on Harmy's or Adiwan's work, but I think I would definitely be interested in getting updated versions of Harmy's work. Is the list that is being formed for those interested in getting Blu-ray discs of the newest versions? If so, could I be added to the list? Don't have a Blu-ray burner yet.
Adywan is almost finished with TESB:R. It's looking good.

I just want to verify, the list is for those who need a blu-ray copy? If I have a blu-ray burner I could just find it and burn it myself, right?

Adywan is almost finished with TESB:R. It's looking good.

I just want to verify, the list is for those who need a blu-ray copy? If I have a blu-ray burner I could just find it and burn it myself, right?

This thread is for Harmy's Despecialized not Adywan's Revisited. Sorry.

Please add me to the list for SW Blu-ray 2.5

Back