Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered- List in First Post!!!

So I'm currently watching the older despecialized version on DVD, and it's so awesome!! Cannot wait for the updated one on Blu Ray… any news on that? :wave

So how much for the most current version blu ray? And do they have labels?

So how much for the most current version blu ray? And do they have labels?

This doesn't cost money - it's a download, a very large one. However, it is recommended you own at least one version of the original trilogy before trying to acquire this.

Being that it is download, there are no labels. However, various labels exist and some very nice ones have been created by fans.

The newest version (V2.5) is currently available as a MKV file which most newer blu-ray players will play. The AVCHD file along with the additional behind the scenes stuff is not available yet but is actively being worked on by Harmy and his crew.

Harmy is shooting for a "hopeful" Christmas-time release.

Well, unfortunately that's no longer in the cards. He just recently said his schedule won't allow him to have the Blu-ray completed by Christmas. :(

This doesn't cost money - it's a download, a very large one. However, it is recommended you own at least one version of the original trilogy before trying to acquire this.

Being that it is download, there are no labels. However, various labels exist and some very nice ones have been created by fans.

The newest version (V2.5) is currently available as a MKV file which most newer blu-ray players will play. The AVCHD file along with the additional behind the scenes stuff is not available yet but is actively being worked on by Harmy and his crew.

I've looked for the MKV while I wait but I can't find his 17GB version.

Hey guys I guess I'll introduce myself. I first discovered the despecialized edition last year almost to the day in December 2012 when I was looking for some old Star Wars laser discs, what I found was something much better than a laser disc. I have kindof been sent down the rabbit hole downloading the Revisited edition as well as the fan documentaries as well. I even burned to copies of Harmy's Despecialized edition keeping one for myself and mailing out the other set of the 3 films to a couple of video game website owners
I would be very willing to be added to the list to contribute a disc or a set of discs

subscribing to this thread while i join this community.

this looks to be an interesting thread and would help me out.

If possible then I also want the blu-ray (v2.5) :clap

Despecialized Update: This message was just posted by Harmy concerning the progress he has made in the project

I'm currently working on not getting kicked out of school as my primary occupation, doing my teaching job properly as a secondary one and finishing the SW DeEd docs as a tertiary one. All else is currently on ice.
I would interpret that to mean that the Blu-ray that we are all waiting for will take significantly longer than we expected/ hoped for. If I were to five a guess as to when the Blu-ray will be finished I would say that Harmy will not be able to devote his full attention to the project until school finishes let's asume this summer and hope that he does not take any classes in the summer. So if we assume t that Harmy will not get to start a measurable amount of work until June at the earliest then I would say considering the amount of work that needs to be done that things will not finally be finished until Christmas time 2014 at the earliest or February/ March 2015 at the latest. I would be betting on more of a Feb/March 2015 release considering this is a hobby and not Harmy's job. This is a little disappointing but considering Harmy has devoted so much time and effort already you really have to cut the guy a break, also if we do have to wait until 2015 that just means it will be all the more better and considering that 2015 will see the release of Episode VII it should shape up to be a great year for Star Wars fans.

That being said these are all predictions based on my interpretations for all I know I could be way wrong but considering how much work Harmy has on his plate I would say that we are likely a long ways away.

I wonder if it would be a good idea to start printing and shipping discs out now and then just doing a second run of disc prints whenever the finished Blu-ray gets published. I have on my computer 3 versions already 2.0, 2.1, and the most recent 2.5 all converted to an ImgBurn friendly Blu-ray file structure

We are currently looking at March/April.

These discs are awesome. I am awestruck by the quality! No need to upgrade from the DVD versions to Bluray for me. They're as good as I need them to be.

Are there disc printing services anyone knows of to get some nice images printed directly onto these discs? Staples has been my go to printing service but it doesn't look like they do discs. Anyone have recommendations for how to make the image for the discs? Or are there some out there? I really would love Ralph McQuarrie art on the discs themselves. For the exterior cover art, I would love something utilizing Drew Struzan's original posters. And for the interior inserts, I'm going with modified versions of these: SW Insert - ANH Interior.jpg SW Insert - ESB Interior.jpg SW Insert - RotJ Interior.jpg

I want those for my computer ! WOW !

Those are really beautiful illustrations.

They are. I found them on a site talking about Harmy's discs and what options there were for cover art. The ones on my computer are a much higher resolution I think but the wrong dimensions for a Bluray case. So I'll need to either crop or more likely add a border so nothing is lost.

They are. I found them on a site talking about Harmy's discs and what options there were for cover art. The ones on my computer are a much higher resolution I think but the wrong dimensions for a Bluray case. So I'll need to either crop or more likely add a border so nothing is lost.

I'd love full res versions

Me too. If you can provide them, I would be in your debt.

Back