Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered

It should not take that long to burn to a BD. I have done 20GB files to BD in less than 1 hour.

DL'ing on the other hand...

With mkv to BD-R?
Guess it's been awhile...I could have sworn it took fairly long, but maybe I'm thinking of something else.

I've heard that the MKV file should be able to be burned directly onto BD.

I will gladly kick in some BD discs as well.

Great news! Will have a search for it tomorrow. Pretty hilarious that it's come to this when you think of it. Hopefully Spielberg will smack some sense into **** head Lucas soon enough, he's seen the light already.

So what's the difference between old ones and these? Please don't refer to the post that compares these to blu ray.

So what's the difference between old ones and these? Please don't refer to the post that compares these to blu ray.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Don't worry, Harmy isn't tweaking or altering things on a whim with this release. Everything he's done has been to improve the quality of the de-specialization based on newer sources. This version is more true to the 1977 release than version 1.0 in every way. He had access to reference scans of an original Technicolor print which is why he decided to go back and rework the colors. He also improved all of the de-specialized mattes and composites to make them as high quality as possible and thus improve the blend with the HD footage. He's not even remotely close to Adywan territory with this, and in fact managed to de-specialize a few more things that were left over from the SE in version 1.0 (small things, like the window behind Luke and Ben as they sell the speeder). If you liked his version 1.0, then you'll love this. The level of polish on this one is much higher and I can't wait for ESB and ROTJ 2.0!

ohbrother.... YES PLEASE!!!!!

Anyone... I have the earlier release on a DVD, but have no BluBurner... I'd be happy also with a avi version to play through the PS3 via mem stick... but would LOVE a burned Blu...

if there are ANY fees... ANY, I'm more than happy to pay.
thanks!
-ron

who's up for starting a list of who wants it burned and is willing to throw in a few bucks and their own disc, and who's up for volunteering to take on said project?

If you want Slynger you can alter your first post to become a list... or if you want me to do it I can with my mod powers.

Hopefully if there is a lot of demand a few might be able to burn copies in order not to overload anyone kind enough to help out.

Hopefully if there is a lot of demand a few might be able to burn copies in order not to overload anyone kind enough to help out.

Being the guy who was overloaded last time I think that is a great idea. :lol

Maybe make a short list... and people with burners can divvy up said list, and make the work load easier??

If you want Slynger you can alter your first post to become a list... or if you want me to do it I can with my mod powers.

Feel free to use your mod powers, I'm not great at lists and all that stuff. As for me, I will gladly throw in a few bucks and my own disc to whoever can burn a copy.

I wonder if Waggoner knows Harmy used his prints for those covers. :horror

Seconded. Would love a copy burned on Blu-Ray with menus, etc., as mentioned in another post. Definitely OK with any reasonable amount.

Thirded! I'm in too, just name your price!

I'd be in for a copy of this as well.

Seconded. Would love a copy burned on Blu-Ray with menus, etc., as mentioned in another post. Definitely OK with any reasonable amount.

If you burn this version, it's movie only. No menu system. Harmy is going to be working on a blu-ray version but will take his time doing it as he has some specific things he wants to do. Just FYI.

Back