Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered MKV2.5 Now Available

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Harmy's Star Wars Despecialized Edition Remastered

Don't worry, Harmy isn't tweaking or altering things on a whim with this release. Everything he's done has been to improve the quality of the de-specialization based on newer sources. This version is more true to the 1977 release than version 1.0 in every way. He had access to reference scans of an original Technicolor print which is why he decided to go back and rework the colors. He also improved all of the de-specialized mattes and composites to make them as high quality as possible and thus improve the blend with the HD footage. He's not even remotely close to Adywan territory with this, and in fact managed to de-specialize a few more things that were left over from the SE in version 1.0 (small things, like the window behind Luke and Ben as they sell the speeder). If you liked his version 1.0, then you'll love this. The level of polish on this one is much higher and I can't wait for ESB and ROTJ 2.0!

Last edited:

Don't worry, Harmy isn't tweaking or altering things on a whim with this release. Everything he's done has been to improve the quality of the de-specialization based on newer sources. This version is more true to the 1977 release than version 1.0 in every way. He had access to reference scans of an original Technicolor print which is why he decided to go back and rework the colors. He also improved all of the de-specialized mattes and composites to make them as high quality as possible and thus improve the blend with the HD footage. He's not even remotely close to Adywan territory with this, and in fact managed to de-specialize a few more things that were left over from the SE in version 1.0 (small things, like the window behind Luke and Ben as they sell the speeder). If you liked his version 1.0, then you'll love this. The level of polish on this one is much higher and I can't wait for ESB and ROTJ 2.0!

Well said. :goodpost::clap

I've found it, but is 16gb right?

Seems huge...

Seems huge...

yeah, not a fun download. There are a lot of languages and subtitle packets in there from what I understand. Still worth the trouble, IMO.

yeah, not a fun download. There are a lot of languages and subtitle packets in there from what I understand. Still worth the trouble, IMO.

Cool. Thanks :hi5:

Seems huge...

What media is it suggested you burn these to? The previous were able to fit on a Dual layer DVD-R? But I think those cap out at around 8g?

I would go for a blu-ray burner and some BD-R discs.

Well okay then! Let me know when you've got this burned pixletwin. :D

I would go for a blu-ray burner and some BD-R discs.

I'm guessing that might be what's needed.

I don't own a BR burner... anyone here want to go in on a group project to get these done for everyone? I'd be happy to kick in money to cover discs if someone is able to burn them.

Galactiboy, I'm in if someone volunteers. I found the torrent but none of the seeds are working for me. :\

I don't own a BR burner... anyone here want to go in on a group project to get these done for everyone? I'd be happy to kick in money to cover discs if someone is able to burn them.

Same here! :exactly:

For those not wanting to mess with the MKV, he will also be releasing an AVCHD version that will fit on a Dual Layer DVD (like the previous 1.0 release), as well as a Blu-ray version that will have menus, language options, and even a few features about the de-specialization process. I believe the AVCHD version is following shortly, while the Blu-ray is still a ways off.

If your PC is hooked up to your TV or you have a laptop with HDMI out, you can grab the MKV and play it using MPC-HC (Media Player Classic Home Cinema) which is a free download here: https://mpc-hc.sourceforge.net/

This is how I watched it and it looks incredible!

Can someone that has downloaded the package PM me. I am find with the 16gb file.

Started my download last night. Woke up this morning to find it had finished... Now I just gotta figure out how I am going to burn this. :lol

I'll see if I can download it over the weekend and do a test burn. If it takes longer than 12hrs to burn to BD-R, it may take me some time to burn multiple copies, as I won't be able to run it during the weekdays.

I'll see if I can download it over the weekend and do a test burn. If it takes longer than 12hrs to burn to BD-R, it may take me some time to burn multiple copies, as I won't be able to run it during the weekdays.

It should not take that long to burn to a BD. I have done 20GB files to BD in less than 1 hour.

DL'ing on the other hand...

Back