Premium Format Harley Quinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
You don't even know what the New 52 is?????!!!!!!!

tumblr_mahdx7FpRb1rtvppso1_400.gif

:thwak

It's a new team or something like 52 new teams? But yeah comics are not like the great 90s anymore with Jim lee, silvestri, rob liefeld, McFarlane, and others. :(

It's a new team or something like 52 new teams? But yeah comics are not like the great 90s anymore with Jim lee, silvestri, rob liefeld, McFarlane, and others. :(

Yes, it's 52 teams with 52 members wearing 52 different costumes every 52 minutes.

And it's new.

And so, we have The New 52.

its actually a book called '52 pick up', a story about a gambling man who's down on his luck but is caught in a time rift and has 52 tries to put right what once went wrong.

its actually a book called '52 pick up', a story about a gambling man who's down on his luck but is caught in a time rift and has 52 tries to put right what once went wrong.

HAHAHA! :snake

But seriously, someone else has Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld both described as "greats"? Serious moxie to even put those two in the same sentence together. I honestly have no idea how Liefeld ever got published, he must be blackmailing people at the big comics-houses.

Once years ago over on Superhero Hype they had a "post bad Rob Liefeld art here!" type of thread, it was enough to literally make you fall out of your chair laughing.

HAHAHA! :snake

But seriously, someone else has Jim Lee and Rob Liefeld both described as "greats"? Serious moxie to even put those two in the same sentence together. I honestly have no idea how Liefeld ever got published, he must be blackmailing people at the big comics-houses.

Once years ago over on Superhero Hype they had a "post bad Rob Liefeld art here!" type of thread, it was enough to literally make you fall out of your chair laughing.

It doesn't matter if people like liefeld or not, he's still a great creator. He created cable, deadpool, domino etc. Also he's in the industry for a long time, had his own comic company, been on life styles of the rich and famous, and lots of other opportunities. So not too shabby if you ask me. His art I do like, not my favorite. But I do think of him as a great 90s era big shot. :wink1: I even try to draw his style back when I did more drawings. :rotfl

Back before I knew the importance of anatomy I used to buy Leifeld's stuff all the time and loved it when I was younger, New Mutants, Xforce, Youngblood, I agree he did help come up with Deadpool, an awesome character, not a big fan later on, but early nineties was a fun time for comics.

I just finished up a Harley Quinn from the DC Museum 1/4, i am hoping sideshow paints her like i did. I love the latex look for HQ.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjJajn7YXmY&feature=plcp

WOW. This looks insane. Well done Vince-Vell. It shows just how great a fully sculpted statue looks. Tearing the cloth off this piece made it look a billion times better. The work you put into this shows. It's absolutely amazing. :clap

The Great 90's? You mean the era of crap art with speed lines and barely any substance that nearly killed the industry?

NYPT-C%27mon%20Man-button.jpg

I'll tell you what, I'll give you Lee and Silvestri. Other than that Artists in comics today are better. A LOT Better, than most of the 90's hacks.

It doesn't matter if people like liefeld or not, he's still a great creator. He created cable, deadpool, domino etc. Also he's in the industry for a long time, had his own comic company, been on life styles of the rich and famous, and lots of other opportunities. So not too shabby if you ask me. His art I do like, not my favorite. But I do think of him as a great 90s era big shot. :wink1: I even try to draw his style back when I did more drawings. :rotfl

You tried to copy his style, when you were young and foolish; you didn't know any better.

But now you do! We were all young and foolish once, hopefully we grow and move on. Unlike Liefeld, who as far as I can tell has not matured as an artist one whit. :slap

I just read it again - whose gag account is CBG? Come on own up, you've done very well and gave us all a good laugh but the great Liefeld is one troll too far lmfao

The problem with Talia is that she's got to generic of a look so it wouldn't really be a great statue for me. She's just a brown haired girl wearing clothes...

Then quality of execution would have to make up for lack of design. If they made her striking enough, it would be an easy buy.

The problem with Talia is that she's got to generic of a look so it wouldn't really be a great statue for me. She's just a brown haired girl wearing clothes...

Hmmm, you're right. So I guess this Black Widow piece is just a waste of time?

300043_press01-001.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back