Hard Hero loses Marvel license!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is what has been speculated. It looks an awful like Seth's sculpting and it looks like all the HH previews we were shown. Don't take my word for it but we may see HH like pieces released through Bowen. I don't know anything for sure but I know HH had several pieces ready to go so maybe they worked out something where they could be released under Bowen's name. That would be nice. If that were so all of a sudden Seth may get the props he deserves.

That's what I've heard as well. Apparently, the Human Torch was one of the few statues in the making. I hope the HH team continues their work through Bowen.

I know. From what I have of Seth's work, I really wanted to see what that Human Torch he sculpted looked like. I think that this would be awesome. I really enjoy the different sculpts that he throws out there.

Hard Hero was better than bowen.....Bowen scupt every character with the same face.:monkey4

the base reminds me of the moore sculpt

CSMS1009-3.jpg

I was never a fan of the more classical looks for the Marvel characters, but there's no doubt they're well sculpted. Bowen or Sideshow would be smart to pick up any un-released finished pieces.

I always thought they were pretty forward thinking in the poses that they used. I hate to see anyone go under, as I think the competition for our dollar can only improve the quality of the products we are ultimately offered.

I was never a fan of the more classical looks for the Marvel characters, but there's no doubt they're well sculpted. Bowen or Sideshow would be smart to pick up any un-released finished pieces.
I agree. I love Hard Hero's work, but never picked up any of their statues for fear that I'd want them all. It'd be cool to see their Marvel stuff continue thru another company.

This news honestly doesn't surprise me.

Marvel has really cut back in the last year with their licensing. First it was Diamond now it's Hard Hero.

Hard Hero's pieces always looked good IMO but I just never picked them up. I already buy SS 1/4 scale and Bowen's 1/8 scale pieces so a line of 1/6 pieces just didn't interest me.

I will say that the HH Iron Man is awesome!! :rock I wish SS would have used this armor for their 1/4 piece instead of the modern armor. That's just my personal taste. I grew up reading that Iron Man so in my mind that's the Iron Man. I also think the pose is 1000% better than SS's fist-pound pose.

I hope it's a cruel joke seeing how April 1st is around the corner.

I actually liked their statues as they were well done. :monkey2

with the exception of Daredevil and Iron Man their stuff was unimpressive and poorly distributed
will this mean marvel hard hero statues will go up in value since they are no longer making them?

take a look at the HH Transformer Statues to get your answer:D

Hard Hero blew ass anyway IMO....I think Marvel needs to tone down handing out its license like a cheap whore hands out her...well you get the point. :monkey1

I agree and I am glad that Diamond/Marvel Select and HH are out of the game, especially since I deal direct with Bowen and sell a lot of their stuff less competition means better sales!!

yup, these sure do suck bad. they are absolutely the worse statues ever. well they did come unbroken with no paint flaws so i guess they've got that going for them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ironman.jpg

The ironman and the dd were exceptions...I mean look at their Namor compared to Bowen or their CA compared to Bowen. The statues looked good but bases were always HORRIBLE!!

daredevil_ppg.jpg
see above
Hard Hero was better than bowen.....Bowen scupt every character with the same face.:monkey4

are you kidding me..well maybe not as you may be blind

This thread is rather misleading. Hard Hero didn't lose the license they walked away from it due to Marvel wanting them to go in a certain direction.

A manufacturer will put their spin on something to always make themselves look good..someone isnt going to come out and say "our line never performed extremely well, we couldnt get the numbers marvel wanted, our distribution was not too good. We kinda dropped the ball on this"

HH was a pretty underrated company IMO. While it's true that some of their statues didn't do it for me, I really liked a few of them.

Along with the aforementioned Iron Man and Daredevil, I also loved their Gladiator and Iron Fist statues. I'm actually looking to buy a Gladiator myself! I thought their Surfer, Hawkeye and Hercules statues were quite nice too.

345gladiator.jpg

IFfrontview1.jpg

I agree and I am glad that Diamond/Marvel Select and HH are out of the game, especially since I deal direct with Bowen and sell a lot of their stuff less competition means better sales!!

A manufacturer will put their spin on something to always make themselves look good..someone isnt going to come out and say "our line never performed extremely well, we couldnt get the numbers marvel wanted, our distribution was not too good. We kinda dropped the ball on this"

That's great for you but bad for the HH fans. I like having competition it gives us more to choose from and keeps manufacturers on their toes. When all the competition is eliminated it causes the product to get stale.

Why would HH need to lie? He said they (Marvel) wanted HH to continue but in a different direction that he felt they shouldn't go in. He wanted to finish out the line he started for completeness. Well I'm sure HH has been working on some other things and I'm sure will see them down the road elsewhere.

if this is true the its terrible. I like the statues that they produce both marvel and the transformers. I hope that they would be able work something out.

if this is true the its terrible. I like the statues that they produce both marvel and the transformers. I hope that they would be able work something out.

I think that boat has already set sail and its a real shame too. I think Hard Hero had a great line and had lots of potential. Too bad it could not be explored more. I for one would have loved too see a HH Vision or Spiderman but thats a dream now.:monkey2

Back