Hard Hero loses Marvel license!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I hope it's a cruel joke seeing how April 1st is around the corner.

Over the past months we have been receiving many calls and emails about the future pieces in our 1/6 scale Marvel statue series. Thanks a lot for your interest and patience in waiting for some news.

I’m writing all of our dealers to inform you that our Marvel 1/6 scale line of statues is at an end, at least for the present time. As you know we have been trying to work with Marvel to continue this series. However, it seems that Marvel has opted to go another direction.

We expressed the desires of our dealers and the collectors to continue this 1/6 scale series. We have exceeded our contractual guarantee by nearly double and believed that this series had a bright future. Particularly since we have only scratched the surface of the character line-up.

The representative at Marvel licensing wanted us to move over to an entirely new line of product. But we felt that our starting a new product line, when this 1/6 line was doing so well for us was not in our best interest. Therefore, we have turned down the option.

If at this time you need any remaining product in the 1/6 scale series for your store customers or convention stocks, please contact us immediately.

We want to thank you for your support of Hard Hero and also wanted to let you know we have more new projects lined up for ’08 and beyond. We look forward to doing more business together!

Rob Potts

Hard Hero

I actually liked their statues as they were well done. :monkey2

will this mean marvel hard hero statues will go up in value since they are no longer making them?

will this mean marvel hard hero statues will go up in value since they are no longer making them?

Probably not. People will be looking to ditch them on the market since there won't be any more made. No body wants a stagnant line of statues...they want to keep collecting and they want to be excited about the future of a line.

I never liked the HArd Hero Marvel statues. They just didn't interest me at all.

Probably not. People will be looking to ditch them on the market since there won't be any more made. No body wants a stagnant line of statues...they want to keep collecting and they want to be excited about the future of a line.

I never liked the HArd Hero Marvel statues. They just didn't interest me at all.

i've got the red/gold im, an ap of the red daredevil and the yellow daredevil. i think they are awesome.

Hard Hero blew ass anyway IMO....I think Marvel needs to tone down handing out its license like a cheap whore hands out her...well you get the point. :monkey1

i've got the red/gold im, an ap of the red daredevil and the yellow daredevil. i think they are awesome.

I think the only good thing I could really say about HArd Hero is that they had really good QC. I wouldn't know first hand but I have only heard from a few individuals that had some issues.

Hard Hero blew ass anyway IMO....I think Marvel needs to tone down handing out its license like a cheap whore hands out her...well you get the point. :monkey1

yup, these sure do suck bad. they are absolutely the worse statues ever. well they did come unbroken with no paint flaws so i guess they've got that going for them. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

ironman.jpg

daredevil_ppg.jpg

I think the only good thing I could really say about HArd Hero is that they had really good QC. I wouldn't know first hand but I have only heard from a few individuals that had some issues.

i was three for three purchased with zero problems. they are a smaller company so QC was maintained pretty well. now maybe i can pick up that hh im stealth for cheap! :D

Ive only got one of theirs anyways,the Blue Angel statue so no biggie for me, I much prefer SS & Bowen for Marvel stuff.
x :cool:

i would say that the DD is the best one that they've created. I saw it in person and I was surperised how tall it is.

I hope that's true . . I'd love to get some of these on the cheap . . .

Although I've never picked up anything they released
I always liked their more unique, somewhat chunky style. Sad to see the demise of their license.

That is what has been speculated. It looks an awful like Seth's sculpting and it looks like all the HH previews we were shown. Don't take my word for it but we may see HH like pieces released through Bowen. I don't know anything for sure but I know HH had several pieces ready to go so maybe they worked out something where they could be released under Bowen's name. That would be nice. If that were so all of a sudden Seth may get the props he deserves.

Back