Hard Body Jabba

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Although I guess the classic definition of a PF is something mixed media, I somehow don't think of jabba as a PF. Hard vinyl is hardly PF in my mind. I just don't want a cheap hunk of plastic either.

I don't mind the hard body for Jabba at all. It won't feel as good as the soft vinyl (whatever they were using before), but at least this'll last much longer. Also, the added articulation for arms is all the articulation one needs for this badboy. So, bring it on!!! :D

TheObsoleteMan said:
There's nothing premium about hollow vinyl. I still can't believe he costs over $100.

It's about the quality of the piece from sculpt and paint standpoint than from the source material. They put a lot of work, if you've seen the high res images of Jabba there is A LOT of texture in him. This won't be some mild Hasbro vinyl figure this thing will be fantastically detailed with an equally impressive paint job. I don't feel, with the qualit we'll get with him, that his price tag is too high.

MaulFan said:
It's about the quality of the piece from sculpt and paint standpoint than from the source material. They put a lot of work, if you've seen the high res images of Jabba there is A LOT of texture in him. This won't be some mild Hasbro vinyl figure this thing will be fantastically detailed with an equally impressive paint job. I don't feel, with the qualit we'll get with him, that his price tag is too high.
Even nicely sculpted and painted hollow vinyl is still just hollow vinyl. It looks brilliant, but considering how relatively uncomplicated the piece itself is, and the material it's made from, I think it's overpriced. I'm sure I won't care one lick once I have him in hand though.

Added articulation is good, I hope for the eyes too.

I love this news! While 'feel real' skin and tail would have been cool, lasting me years is way more cool! I would rather go for accurate looking (and lasting) than feeling.

Thanks for the heads up!

There is no added articulation, I'm not sure where people are getting that impression from. Sideshow stated a while back that Jabba's arms would be the only articulation on him and the latest newsletter is just noting that they're going to show new images which will show off the articulation because his arms are basically in the same position for ever shot they took.

TheObsoleteMan said:
There's nothing premium about hollow vinyl. I still can't believe he costs over $100.

You need to see it in person then. This thing is huge and massively detailed. The size alone justfies the $100 bucks.

Essentially every SS product we buy is just a hunk of plastic, but oversimplifying takes all the fun out. Just enjoy the sculpt, and if one feels the price is too high, then he/she has the choice to not buy the product. I myself am excited for Jabba. :D

jlcmsu said:
You need to see it in person then. This thing is huge and massively detailed. The size alone justfies the $100 bucks.
If it's hollow, then "huge" becomes a relative term. Being hollow makes it a bit of a paper tiger. I've already acknowleged that it's very detailed and well painted.

I'm not going to go on about it though, I don't want it to sound like I'm whining about it. Ultimately, it's my choice to shell out the cash or not, and I will because I love the character and it represents him beautifully.

It didn't hit me until now but the title of this thread sounds like a low-rent 80's teenage sex flick.

dekadentdave said:
It didn't hit me until now but the title of this thread sounds like a low-rent 80's teenage sex flick.
Funnily enough, that was the first thing that popped into my mind.

I perfectly happy with the way Jabba is sounding. I never wanted a soft and squishy Jabba in the first place. I want a centerpiece to my SW collection, not a big rubber worm.

As for articulation, I never envisioned myself "playing" with Jabba, like I do with my other 12" figures. Like I said before, I wanted a highly detailed centerpiece that would never really be moved or messed with, just dusted every so often.

Back