Happy 30th RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

McHaleyArt

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
30 years ago (today) THE GREATEST action/adventure film of ALL TIME was released. Happy 30th RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK!

Great. Another anniversary movie that reminds me how old I am :(

Great movie though.

I brought the cake!

3051446534_ea422e3e65.jpg

Great GIFs!!!!!

Hellooooooooooooooo RAIDERS!

I saw it a few weeks early at some advanced Westwood Preview (I think have a showing on May 25... Star Wars day back then). Movie ROCKED then... I'm certain I saw it again opening day too. I saw it 20 times or more that summer -- had friend sthat worked the theater (National in Westwood) so we used to get in just to watch Toht or the Truck Chase. Made a Super 8 version of it too. 1981 was Raiders summer for me and anyone around me. I still have friends today that when I run into them they'll say "Hello Dr. Jones".

Anymore word on Indiana Jones Celebration? :D :D :D
EH...The group needed to be run by someone that really knows what they're doing AND has the time. But it's still running. We were talking about having a mini one at Star Wars fandays this year...but trying to get anyone to actually WORK on it is a hard task. I'll probably end up doing a Raiders 30th tribute painting and see if I can do anything with it.

I remember vividly seeing the first trailer for Raiders at the theater. I was immediately excited for the movie! I loved Han Solo and this was a whole movie with only Han (no Luke! Yay!). I even thought Marion was being played by Carrie Fisher! I remember hearing the "...radio for speaking to God" lines while you saw a shadow of the ark in the temple walls as Indy and Sallah carried it away.

I also remember the trailer that went:
1975: Jaws
1977: Star Wars
1978: Close Encounters of the Third Kind
1980: The Empire Strikes Back

Raiders is still my favourite film and every time I watch it I'm amazed at how incredible it is.

I used to "play" Indy with a rope as a whip, and I would crawl around and under my bed pretending I was thrown out of the truck, latched on underneath and being dragged out the other side!

And I love the original "angry Indy" poster art by Amsel. I always hated the "happy Indy" of the rerelease 1982 poster. Just didn't feel like Raiders to me.

EH...The group needed to be run by someone that really knows what they're doing AND has the time. But it's still running. We were talking about having a mini one at Star Wars fandays this year...but trying to get anyone to actually WORK on it is a hard task. I'll probably end up doing a Raiders 30th tribute painting and see if I can do anything with it.

Oooo you definitely need to do a painting for the 30th, that would be sweet. I have your ToD and I would love a Raiders to go with it. :D

Back