Happy 30th Anniversary to TESB!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The SE of Empire actually bothers me the least. The change I don't like is their modification of Vader's "Bring my shuttle" line into "Alert my star destroyer to prepare for my arrival." It was lame. The original line had this edge and frustration to it that was pretty awesome. The new one is just... bland.

This is hilarious, hahaha. Well said. I don't want to derail this thread and get into what fans are better for watching what, but while ANH SE was Lucas showing off his new toys, (simultaneously making inserted commercials for new toys :wink1: ) Empire had some real imprvements. From making the snowspeeders opaque to the added windows and air traffic on Cloud City, I do prefer the SE. It's added background stuff that isn't trying to show off.

On my podcast's last show, a commentary of Empire, my co-host suggested that the next LFL tinkering should be to replace the puppets, especially the OT Yoda, with GC versions in order to try to bridge the PT and OT, and to make the movies more digestible for modern audiences. What do you guys think?

VOR represent!!! If you "fans" aren't listening to Voice of the Republic then you can go to hell! Seriously THE only good SW podcast.

Blasphemy! Tell your co-host to shut his mouth! :slap

Tell him yourself and call the "Republicomm" at...

511012556_8abe85f475.jpg

Leave the Yoda puppet alone.

:lecture

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/nNzWqF9mzAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nNzWqF9mzAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

I wasn't born yet when Empire came out, but watched it for the first time AFTER I had seen "Return of the Jedi". My dad brought me to the theater to watch that, so "Return" was my first Star Wars movie. "Empire" came second, and then I finally caught up with "A New Hope". :rotfl
So yes, I realized :lolI watched the whole trilogy backwards!
But Empire still remains my favorite out of the 6, so happy anniversary! :hi5::emperor:fireworks

<object width="640" height="385"><param name="movie" value="https://www.youtube.com/v/nNzWqF9mzAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="https://www.youtube.com/v/nNzWqF9mzAM&hl=en_US&fs=1&color1=0x006699&color2=0x54abd6" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="640" height="385"></embed></object>

Wow. Ford isn't much taller than Ewan. Thought he was taller than that.

Wow. Ford isn't much taller than Ewan. Thought he was taller than that.

Maybe he's shrunken with age? He's looking pretty old these days.

As a side note is it just me or does Chewbacca's growl sound like the theme from the Tonight Show?

Last edited:
While I was around 9 when ESB came out, I didn't actually see it thirty years ago today. I'm from a small town and we didn't get it on opening day, as movie roll outs weren't quite what they are today, even with the staggering success of Star Wars. But, my dad is a pilot and had his own chartering business and had to go to Wichita Kansas for a few days. School was almost out, so he took me with him and lo and behold...Empire was playing there before it was at home. So, we saw it there which was fantastic for me as I saw it before any of my friends. That's some great bragging rights for a 9 year old! But, when I came back my teacher had me stand in front of the class and tell everyone what I did for my "Vacation" and the first words out of my mouth were "Darth Vader is Luke's father!!!"

Good times!

While I was around 9 when ESB came out, I didn't actually see it thirty years ago today. I'm from a small town and we didn't get it on opening day, as movie roll outs weren't quite what they are today, even with the staggering success of Star Wars. But, my dad is a pilot and had his own chartering business and had to go to Wichita Kansas for a few days. School was almost out, so he took me with him and lo and behold...Empire was playing there before it was at home. So, we saw it there which was fantastic for me as I saw it before any of my friends. That's some great bragging rights for a 9 year old! But, when I came back my teacher had me stand in front of the class and tell everyone what I did for my "Vacation" and the first words out of my mouth were "Darth Vader is Luke's father!!!"Good times!

:rotfl That's hilarious! I can picture that...

Maybe he's shrunken with age? He's looking pretty old these days.

As a side note is it just me or does Chewbacca's growl sound like the theme from the Tonight Show?

YES! I said that years ago, and I'm glad you think so, too. Hilar.

VOR represent!!! If you "fans" aren't listening to Voice of the Republic then you can go to hell! Seriously THE only good SW podcast.

Tell him yourself and call the "Republicomm" at...

511012556_8abe85f475.jpg

:lecture

TOTALLY unsolicited plug! :dunno

That said, it's on tonight for the Live ESB show. We're sharing memories and looking back on The Greatest. Click my link for more info! :wave

Back