Happy 30th Anniversary to TESB!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW, tonight is the official 30th Anniversary Screening at the Arclight in Hollywood. Harrison Ford & Billy Dee Williams are there for a Q&A afterwards.

In attendance: Steven Spielberg, Ewan McGregor, Jon Favreu, Chris Nolan, Bradley Cooper, many more.

Not in attendance: Me or you. :(

(I *almost* flew out to L.A. just for this... but I wasn't crazy enough to buy RT tix just for this, but not I almost regret it)

Also, Harrison Ford & Ewan McGregor attending an official SW event now is 100x a bigger deal than Lucas.

BTW, tonight is the official 30th Anniversary Screening at the Arclight in Hollywood. Harrison Ford & Billy Dee Williams are there for a Q&A afterwards.

:horror :horror :horror :horror

Harrison Ford, at an actual event related to....STAR WARS???? Interacting with the public? Thousands of miles away? I shall now weep.

May you continue to "bore" the proles with your character-driven pacing, emotional resonance, and grit for another 30+ years.

And thank you for being the best SW film that will ever be. :clap

As much as I enjoyed ESB (no one ever adds a 'T' to the acronym, by the way... sheesh :peace), I still think ANH is the best -- fresher, more iconic and universally resonant. I would have been happy for the story to begin and end right there.

Also, if by 'proles' you mean proletariats, I disagree. Star Wars and any other facet of pop culture is for the proletariats; if anything, it bores the bourgeois who never look beyond 'Citizen Kane'-esque movies for their interpretation of 'true cinema'. :gah:

Last edited:
Another thing I used to do...i would put like 6 Stormtroopers as if they were marching in formation. Then I would take an X-Wing fighter and a can of lighter fluid, I would pour a small puddle of lighter fluid on the floor and light it. Then I would hold the can under the X-Wing and "fly" it over the burning puddle and start squirting the lighter fluid as I was going across the burning puddle thereby drawing the flame to the troopers as if I was "strafing" them with X-Wing laser fire. I went through like 30 Stormtroopers doing that. I had to shoplift a lot of Stormtroopers.

Red carpet pic from just moments ago:

102906846-9fcfe2959a474b506767ded2c1efeb42.4bf490f3-full.jpg

Once 10:00 pm EST rolled around I couldn't resist popping in the ESB DVD for the second time today. MY wife came into the living room to see me holding our infant son in front of the TV and asked what was going on. I explained that we were watching TESB while Harrison Ford was doing the exact same thing on the other side of the country. She took a picture for posterity. Yeah we're geeks but Ford is the man and it was another excuse to watch one of the greatest movies of all time.

Last edited:
As Empire is 30 tomorrow I thought I would make my childhood dream come true, and become Han Solo for the day
<div style='background-color:#e9e9e9; width: 640px;'><object id='A974566' quality='high' data='https://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=FrnGFaKTfIN8TGTB&service=starwars.jibjab.com&partnerID=star_wars' pluginspage='https://www.macromedia.com/go/getflashplayer' type='application/x-shockwave-flash' wmode='transparent' height='360' width='640'><param name='wmode' value='transparent'></param><param name='movie' value='https://aka.zero.jibjab.com/client/zero/ClientZero_EmbedViewer.swf?external_make_id=FrnGFaKTfIN8TGTB&service=starwars.jibjab.com&partnerID=star_wars'></param><param name='scaleMode' value='showAll'></param><param name='quality' value='high'></param><param name='allowNetworking' value='all'></param><param name='allowFullScreen' value='true' /><param name='FlashVars' value='external_make_id=FrnGFaKTfIN8TGTB&service=starwars.jibjab.com&partnerID=star_wars'></param><param name='allowScriptAccess' value='always'></param></object></div>

I realize there are some STAR WARS fans who truly believe that the Special Editions are better (even EMPIRE). And while they are entitled to these opinions, I have just 2 words for them: Stockholm Syndrome.

This is hilarious, hahaha. Well said. I don't want to derail this thread and get into what fans are better for watching what, but while ANH SE was Lucas showing off his new toys, (simultaneously making inserted commercials for new toys :wink1: ) Empire had some real imprvements. From making the snowspeeders opaque to the added windows and air traffic on Cloud City, I do prefer the SE. It's added background stuff that isn't trying to show off.

On my podcast's last show, a commentary of Empire, my co-host suggested that the next LFL tinkering should be to replace the puppets, especially the OT Yoda, with GC versions in order to try to bridge the PT and OT, and to make the movies more digestible for modern audiences. What do you guys think?

on my podcast's last show, a commentary of empire, my co-host suggested that the next lfl tinkering should be to replace the puppets, especially the ot yoda, with gc versions in order to try to bridge the pt and ot, and to make the movies more digestible for modern audiences. What do you guys think?

Blasphemy! Tell your co-host to shut his mouth! :slap

Back