Hannibal

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I thought it was pretty good. Mads was a little hard to understand at times, but he was good as Lector. Next week's episode looks better.

Yeah, he got easier to understand as the show went on I think, but he definitely had a great vibe for the character. And I like treating Graham's ability to empathize with killers, and its effect on him, as a focus of the show. I know other shows have done this before (Criminal Minds I think?) but it was pretty effective here. Similar to the way it was effective when Peterson showed that ability in Manhunter. The main character is very good at playing this specific character I think. And Fatburn is pretty solid. Story was decent, a fair amount of suspense and conflict. I'll try to watch this.

Really good opening episode, and I was surprised at how eerie that atmosphere was for a TV show. Interesting that it was directed by David Slade, who I’m sure is the same David Slade that directed Hard Candy and 30 Days of Night.

It’ s been a while since I’ve read Red Dragon, and I saw Manhunter when I was a kid, so my memory is foggy of that movie, but my only point of reference for Will Graham’s character is the one played by Ed Norton in Ratner’s remake (which is a damn good film, despite being directed by Ratner…I attribute that to Norton and Ralph Fiennes). Anyways, Hugh Dancy’s Will Graham is a far cry from Norton’s Graham…and while initially jarring to me, I think the change is for the better. Will Graham was always fearful of his powers of empathy. Norton played it like a minor annoyance, while you can really see the trepidation in Dancy’s performance. I found it interesting when in one of the opening sequences Jack Crawford was asking where Will “fell” psychologically, and Will responded “somewhere between Asperger’s Syndrome and Autism”.

I agree, Mads Mikkelson was a little hard to understand at times, but that dude is such a good actor. It’ll be interesting to see how Dancy’s performance evolves; if I remember correctly from Red Dragon (the book), Will Graham’s encounter with Garret Hobbs shaped him immensely.

Not if the show ends before Red Dragon even begins.

Just read an interview with series creator Bryan Fuller who indicated that, in the road map for the series, RED DRAGON is essentially Season 3. I'm thinking that they'll adapt the Dollarhyde story so that Lecter hasn't been outed yet. He also explained why they can't use Starling and the roadblocks MGM threw up regarding it.

Here's a link to the interview.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/0...nt-appear-red-dragon-the-silence-of-the-lambs

Just read an interview with series creator Bryan Fuller who indicated that, in the road map for the series, RED DRAGON is essentially Season 3. I'm thinking that they'll adapt the Dollarhyde story so that Lecter hasn't been outed yet. He also explained why they can't use Starling and the roadblocks MGM threw up regarding it.

https://www.ign.com/articles/2013/0...nt-appear-red-dragon-the-silence-of-the-lambs

Great article. Thanks for sharing that.

Thanks for that interview link. I really enjoyed the show the other night, and really stoked to see more of the Graham/Lecter relationship. Red Dragon is my favorite of the series because I love Norton as an actor (no creepy bromance going on).

Awesome show. Well done NBC--- It felt like something that would have been on HBO.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

This wasn't a show I was anticipating really, but I have to say I was very impressed with the first episode.

It's already been touched on, but they're either going to have to tell Mads Mikkelson to annunciate, or subtitle him. I only caught about half of what he was saying.

They should give him a special mask that amplifies his voice.

This wasn't a show I was anticipating really, but I have to say I was very impressed with the first episode.

It's already been touched on, but they're either going to have to tell Mads Mikkelson to annunciate, or subtitle him. I only caught about half of what he was saying

I didn't see (or rather hear) that at all. :dunno

I missed the first episode but I'm on the fence about taking on another series to watch.

The one thing that's really intriguing to me is Bryan Fuller's involvement. Is there any humor at all in the show, or is it completely played straight and dark? It's not a deal breaker if there isn't any, but I always welcome a little humor in what I watch (like Buffy, Angel, Firefly, etc.).

Played pretty straight so far. Any humor is of the pitch black variety, such as one commercial that has Lector and Crawford talking about the "rabbit" they were eating.

Back