HANNIBAL 1/6 figures by Threezero????

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yup Gillian Anderson! she plays Hannibal's therapist/psychiatrist, Bedelia Du Maurier. she is really good.:clap

Wow. She really has been busy with this, plus The Fall in the UK and now the X-Files return.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Is there more to this show than just men in suits and women in dresses as the promo photos suggest? Wouldn't make for many interesting figures if it were.

Hannibal's suits are more intricate and colorful than any superhero costume. I'd buy 5 different Hannibals in all his different suits.

He does wear nice suits, and I'm not against figures wearing nice suits, assuming the tailor really pulls it off. My concern would be staying power. How iconic is this version of the character, really? I wonder about that with Nucky from Boardwalk Empire, despite the fact that he also wore extremely colorful suits. Seems like you need time to tell if a character from a film or TV show will be something you'll want to keep on the shelf for 5-10 years or so. Omar from the Wire would go there for me, and Tony Soprano, and I doubt Walter White will lose his charm. I'm not 100% sold on TV Hannibal though, despite the obvious quality of the show (much higher than that of Dexter, who was a bit of a flash in the pan in terms of 1/6 figure interest).

Hmmmm. I dunno. I kind of feel like they need to focus on some of their current lines before taking on more licenses.

Agreed, but I have been wanting someone to pick up this license, so I can't really complain when I'm so excited. TWD has really gotten abused and abandoned though. I just think its odd to have a license for such a clean, well dressed guy in a suit for ThreeZero. They're all about the weathering. :lol

Wow, if ThreeZero could somehow pick up Sherlock now (Which isn't likely, considering BCS, but a man can dream) they'll have egery show I want figures from :clap

already have a custom one with a great sculpt, but I may end up buying one from threezero. :clap

hannibal+1.jpeg

I have that eleven sculpt, just waiting for someone to make a good suit! I bet threezero can top the sculpt, and make a great outfit for Hannibal. Great news!

Hannibal's suits are more intricate and colorful than any superhero costume. I'd buy 5 different Hannibals in all his different suits.

:lecture

And f they make some props from the murder scenes the accessories could be amazing.

Also, there's not a huge cast to worry about the line feeling "complete" which a lot of people seem to get upset about.

With Hannibal, Threezero now has the license to my 3 favorite shows. Bring on a Dr.Lecter!!

I just started watching the show last night and I'm on the 5th episode already! I did not expect to like it as much as I do! I realize it's early to say, but I would put it on par with Dexter/Breaking Bad.

He does wear nice suits, and I'm not against figures wearing nice suits, assuming the tailor really pulls it off. My concern would be staying power. How iconic is this version of the character, really? I wonder about that with Nucky from Boardwalk Empire, despite the fact that he also wore extremely colorful suits. Seems like you need time to tell if a character from a film or TV show will be something you'll want to keep on the shelf for 5-10 years or so. Omar from the Wire would go there for me, and Tony Soprano, and I doubt Walter White will lose his charm. I'm not 100% sold on TV Hannibal though, despite the obvious quality of the show (much higher than that of Dexter, who was a bit of a flash in the pan in terms of 1/6 figure interest).

:lecture Exactly right. No matter how great the show is or becomes, it's never going to beat out Silence Of The Lambs to take it's place as the iconic representation of this particular character. I mean, look at Brian Cox, who also absolutely killed it in Manhunter. You mention Hannibal Lecter, the mind immediately goes to Hopkins.

Oh, and I can just say a big 'hell yeah' to Omar from The Wire (the stand out character from one of the greatest shows ever to grace the small screen) and add in an Al Swearengen from Deadwood. Amen.

:lecture Exactly right. No matter how great the show is or becomes, it's never going to beat out Silence Of The Lambs to take it's place as the iconic representation of this particular character. I mean, look at Brian Cox, who also absolutely killed it in Manhunter. You mention Hannibal Lecter, the mind immediately goes to Hopkins.

Oh, and I can just say a big 'hell yeah' to Omar from The Wire (the stand out character from one of the greatest shows ever to grace the small screen) and add in an Al Swearengen from Deadwood. Amen.

It's definitely going to take time, that is for sure, but Mads' performance as Hannibal definitely challenges the Hopkins performance for in a big bad way. For me personally, the NBC Hannibal IS Hannibal now.

Can't win an Oscar for his performance though, that's what people remember.

Back